Official Nashville Predators Thread

Whelp we traded PK for Steven Santini, Jeremy Davies and two draft picks. Not sure what to think about this honestly.
I don’t think the Preds got the best of the deal. But this was all about shedding that contract. Other teams knew that. So we weren’t getting a premium price

Honestly this deal is about free agency. We need to sign a top line player (Duchene). DP knows that. He did manage to dump PK's whole salary (3rd highest paid D-man). Plus with the Ellis extension, it makes sense.
Exactly, business move, and teams knew Poile was in somewhat of a pickle so he wasn't going to get "fair value".

Combine that with PK being a bit mercurial, it seems he wears on folks over time, it wasn't a terrible deal overall. A case where they may gain overall even though they 'lost' the trade.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Exactly, business move, and teams knew Poile was in somewhat of a pickle so he wasn't going to get "fair value".

Combine that with PK being a bit mercurial, it seems he wears on folks over time, it wasn't a terrible deal overall. A case where they may gain overall even though they 'lost' the trade.
Agreed, but I still don't like it* lol

*Free agency can change this

The thing that gets me is that we dumped a $9 million year/3 years left salary on a 30 year old guy. When were are about to sign a long term extension that may cost more than that on a guy who is 29. so how long will Josi's contract be for.

The thing that gets me is that we dumped a $9 million year/3 years left salary on a 30 year old guy. When were are about to sign a long term extension that may cost more than that on a guy who is 29. so how long will Josi's contract be for.
If Josi gets 9 per Poile belongs in a loony bin

He'll be exciting in New Jersey for a couple years, then they'll get frustrated with him and the contract. That's how he rolls. He stayed in Montreal about 4 years too long (either there or Toronto is probably the worst place for him to be) and is exiting Nashville at probably the right time.

Poile can't receive a grade on this deal until we see what he does with the cap space.

VN Store

Back