In my opinion, MSU or Vandy got the shaft

VolsGrad1989

Professional BIG ORANGE OPTIMIST!!!
MSU and Vandy shouldn't have to play each other to reach the finals in the CWS. In my opinion, MSU should have been put in the other bracket with Arkansas. MSU has the second best record in the CWS. Why should they have to knock Vandy out of the CWS before reaching the finals? Yes, Arkansas is ranked as high or higher than MSU depending on which poll it is. But, they should play each other and the other two teams to try and be the Bracket 1 winner. I guess the NCAA didn't want to see two SEC teams in the finals. But, it still could happen. It is ridulous the NCAA put one SEC team in Bracket 1 and three SEC teams in Bracket 2. Go Hogs!!! I am rooting for two SEC teams to be in the finals of the CWS!!! =)

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Vanderbilt is the 2 seed and Miss St is the 6
Arkansas is the the 4
What makes it look favorable to the Hogs is that the #1 UCLA lost to a mediocre Michigan team.
5 National Seeds advanced 3 are on the Vanderbilt/Ms St side of the bracket

Last edited:
Do they get reseeded? Based on national seeds, Vandy was 2, and I think MSU was 6. That would mean Vandy should play the 7 seed or whoever came from that bracket.

Edit: I see the bracket now. You guys are talking about if both teams win. The setup is how I thought it would. Don’t see an issue with it.,

It should be reseeded
It would be like re-seeding the basketball tournament before the Sweet 16. Plus The NCAA doesn’t re-seed in any sport.
Really the tournament works great now.
1st round: 4 team Regional with 1 team advancing
2nd round: 2 team Super Regional
3rd round: Another 4 team Regional
4th round another Super for the Championship.

Reactions: feathersax
It would be like re-seeding the basketball tournament before the Sweet 16. Plus The NCAA doesn’t re-seed in any sport.
Really the tournament works great now.
1st round: 4 team Regional with 1 team advancing
2nd round: 2 team Super Regional
3rd round: Another 4 team Regional
4th round another Super for the Championship.

No it would be like reseeding the tourney after the sweet 16 before the elite 8. And a format like this needs reseeding more so than any other format considering there are two separate brackets that are far from equal in Strength. Pure bad luck put the two best teams remaining in the same bracket and that is very unnecessary

Reactions: RollerVol
No it would be like reseeding the tourney after the sweet 16 before the elite 8. And a format like this needs reseeding more so than any other format considering there are two separate brackets that are far from equal in Strength. Pure bad luck put the two best teams remaining in the same bracket and that is very unnecessary
The reason I said the Sweet 16 is because there is a break in the tournament before then. At the elite 8 level it would be almost impossible to reseed in basketball as teams play on different nights in that weekend. According to the seeding the 2 best teams remaining are Arkansas and Vanderbilt followed by MSU, Louisville and Texas Tech. It just happens that the 2 lowest seeds are both in the same bracket (FSU and Michigan).
Reseeding would have
Bracket 1 Vanderbilt-Michigan, Louisville-Texas Tech,

Bracket 2 Arkansas-FSU, Mississippi St-Auburn
So really not much difference

The reason I said the Sweet 16 is because there is a break in the tournament before then. At the elite 8 level it would be almost impossible to reseed in basketball as teams play on different nights in that weekend. According to the seeding the 2 best teams remaining are Arkansas and Vanderbilt followed by MSU, Louisville and Texas Tech. It just happens that the 2 lowest seeds are both in the same bracket (FSU and Michigan).
Reseeding would have
Bracket 1 Vanderbilt-Michigan, Louisville-Texas Tech,

Bracket 2 Arkansas-FSU, Mississippi St-Auburn
So really not much difference

Yea I got miss state and Ark switched in my mind on seeds but the overall point of 2 of the last 4 seeds to get into the field being in one side shouldn’t happen. No reason not to reseed to even those up

Guy's, with as many SEC teams as are in the series, this was bound to happen somewhere along the line. Now wouldn't it be something if two SEC teams were the final two! (or have they got it set up where this can't happen, haven't look yet).

VN Store

Back