MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
eol8ohwhwgclnmckmqtd

Greensboro Day
Greensboro, North Carolina
6'2

Rivals

Reactions: sport3500
One of the more intriguing guys here from the Tennessee perspective is 2021 point guard Cam Hayes, the No. 17 ranked player in that class. Hayes, from Greensboro, N.C. has looked really good this week and there’s some chatter that he’ll explore reclassifying into 2020. If that happens, and Tennessee can land him that would be a coup.
Des Oliver, who has done some work for the Vols in North Carolina during his tenure, has been on Hays for a couple of years now and Hays has also been to campus as an unofficial visitor. Interestingly, North Carolina hasn’t offered him yet, and that could obviously change the dynamics of his recruitment if that were to happen.
-VQ

The interesting thing to watch here will be does he reclassify soon or wait until spring like most kids do?

UT does not go up against North Carolina for a lot of basketball prospects historically so this will be an interesting one to watch if North Carolina offers.

Jaden Springer recruitment will be a nice preview.
True. Although, the kid I really want at PG is Caleb Love, it would be nice if Hayes reclassifies and UNC offers and gets him or Springer and UT gets the other kid, which would be maybe the greatest consolation prize ever.

UT does not go up against North Carolina for a lot of basketball prospects historically so this will be an interesting one to watch if North Carolina offers.

Memphis still holds that title.

Last week’s NBA Player’s Association Top 100 camp at the University of Virginia attracted an impressive array of talent and several of those prospects figure prominently in Tennessee’s recruiting plans, including Greensboro, N.C point guard Cam Hayes. Hayes, an electric point guard prospect with high level quickness and an impressive offensive skill set, is currently a member of the 2021 class and Rivals’ No. 17 ranked prospect in the nation. From the Tennessee perspective, as well as that of other programs, the possibility that he could reclassify into the 2020 makes Hayes an even more tantalizing prospect than his talent suggests.
Tennessee got Hayes on campus for an unofficial visit this past season, giving one of the top point guard prospects in the nation a good feel for the kind of program Rick Barnes has put together in Knoxville.
“I made an unofficial visit last year for a basketball, it was when they played Tennessee Tech. I was really impressed with the fans, the arena, just all the facilities there. They showed me a lot of love. I like how they play, they’re style,” Hayes said. “I actually visited with Dylan Cardwell. We play AAU together so it was cool to be on a recruiting visit with him.” Tennessee, led by assistant coach Des Oliver, was one of the first high major programs to aggressively pursue Hayes. The Vols have since gotten a lot of company in that pursuit, with ACC programs like Virginia, NC State and Clemson joining the fray.
To this point neither North Carolina or Duke have offered, but they both have shown significant interest. Hayes has made four unofficial visits to Chapel Hill. Tennessee has helped itself though with its early and serious interest. “The draw for me to Tennessee is really just the coaching staff. They made me a priority early on and I appreciate that. They talked to me a lot about how my game fits what they do and that they’d love for me to come in there and run the team,” he said of the Vols’ efforts. “They made two school visits to see me this spring and I’ve talked to all of the coaches there a lot. They’ve been recruiting me hard for a long time. I hear from them at least once a week. I feel like we’re building a good relationship.”
Tennessee is one of the schools that would welcome Hayes as a 2020 prospect in a class that already includes five-star forward Corey Walker and could potentially include Keon Johnson, the No. 34 ranked player in the country. Hayes is definitely entertaining the notion of reclassifying but doesn’t seem to be in any sort of rush to make that decision. “Reclassifying is a possibility for me. I’ve got the grades to do it but I haven’t decided anything for certain yet,” he said on the topic. “It just depends on how I feel about it as it gets closer to time to decide and what school fits me if I decide to move into 2020. “I’m not in any rush to make that decision. Right now I don’t think I’ll decide until next spring.”
-Vq

This is the true PG, UT needs in the '20 class, imo. Love Springer, but more of a combo guard and I just don't think we get Keon and Springer

I had a really good conversation with class of 2021 point guard Cam Hayes on Wednesday night about his recruitment. The four-star prospect has schools from all over the East Coast chasing him down. The newest school to jump into the mix has been Maryland. Hayes mentioned that since offering him a couple weeks ago the Terps staff has been relentlessly recruiting him. The North Carolina native also mentioned Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, NC State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest as schools involved in his recruitment. He has visits in August set with Louisville and Maryland, and he plans to take official visits to Florida State, NC State and Tennessee in September.
-Rivals

Cam Hayes, the No. 17 overall prospect in the 2021 class, has quickly become a priority prospect for programs on the East Coast. His play this summer for CP3 in the Nike EYBL, and the possibility of moving up into the 2020 class, has coaches highly intrigued with him. Hayes mentioned Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest as schools he has been on contact with lately. During his sophomore year, he took visits to Duke, NC State, North Carolina, Tennessee and Wake Forest. The North Carolina native’s next couple trips will be to Louisville on Friday and Maryland on Aug. 17. His first official visits will likely be in September to Florida State, NC State and Tennessee, but no dates have been set for those. “Duke and North Carolina are recruiting me, but it’s not like it used to be. I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’m not tripping over it. I’m good with the schools that are recruiting me. If they offer me, then they offer me, but it’s not like I’m begging for it.”
Florida State: “I like Florida State a lot. Coach ‘CY’ is recruiting me really hard. He’s laid back and chill. I can tell they are making me a priority. The head coach Leonard Hamilton calls my parents all the time and they talk a lot.”
Louisville: “Coach Dino [Gaudio] and coach Mack call me like every week. They are making me a feel like a priority. They keep it 100 with me. They don’t sugarcoat anything and tell me what I need to improve on and what will make me more consistent. I like the relationship I have with them and how they are straightforward.”
Maryland: “Maryland has been on me hard ever since they offered a couple weeks ago. I’m going there for an unofficial on August 17th. Their coaches call or text me like every single day.
NC State: “I like NC State a lot. I feel comfortable with the coaching staff. I have a good relationship with all of them.”
Tennessee: “They’ve been on me since this time last year. They have been on me hard. I talk to them like every week. I have a great relationship with the coaches there.”
Virginia: “They are a good school. Coach Bennett is obviously a great coach. My high school teammate Carson McCorkle is committed there and he’s always in my ear about it. I’ll just have to see.”
Virginia Tech: “Coach Chester Frazier is on me hard and texts me like every day. The head coach is on me hard too. They are rebuilding, but they are making me a priority. I like the new staff there.”
Hayes admitted that he’s not terribly far away from making a college decision and one will likely come at some point in the next few months. With that in mind, it’s probably safe to assume he will be choosing one of the programs he plans to visit over the next couple months. NC State has made the in-state target a top priority and he’s comfortable on its campus and around the Wolfpack program. Maryland is new to the party but the Terps coaching staff has made a strong impression in a hurry. Louisville’s staff, between Chris Mack and Dino Gaudio, has strong connections in North Carolina and will get the first shot at Hayes once the dead period ends. Florida State under Leonard Hamilton has signed some really good players out of North Carolina with five-star Patrick Williams being the most recent in 2019, so don’t rule out the Seminoles here. Tennessee will be needing to replace
Josiah James sooner than later, so the Vols can sell the idea of joining a potentially really strong class with early playing time. All five programs have strong pitches, so it will be interesting to see where Hayes ends up.
-Rivals

So he took UOV’s to Duke, NC State, North Carolina, Tennessee and Wake Forest

Says Clemson, Florida State, Maryland, NC State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest recruiting hardest

Upcoming UOV Louisville and Maryland

Upcoming OV Florida State, NC State and Tennessee

Would seem to me like Tennessee and NCST are probably the 2 favorites at this point.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Rob Lewis when asked if Hayes reclassifies is he likely a November signee?
I don't think he's going to sign in November but I don't know that for certain. He told me in June that he would wait to make a decision on reclassifying in the spring but obviously things could easily change.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

VN Store

Back