6 schools to be notified of serious NCAA violations

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
A high-ranking NCAA official told CBS Sports on Wednesday that at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations, the most serious infractions under NCAA rules, as a result of the federal government's investigation into corruption in the sport.

Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports at an athletic directors conference in Orlando, Florida, that two programs might receive notices of allegations by early July and that four more probably will receive them by the end of the summer.

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward, and you'll see consequences."
Wilcox declined to identify the schools that will receive notices of allegations.

Officials at Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, NC State and USC have previously acknowledged that their men's basketball programs are under NCAA investigation.

Reactions: RollerVol
I ain't no fan of the 13th Grade (Texas Tech) but it's nice to see that Beard is doing it the right way...unlike Jamie Dixon at TCU.

It's amazing that RaiderRash can play basketball at such a high level and still deliver my pizza in under 30 minutes.

Reactions: peaygolf
A high-ranking NCAA official told CBS Sports on Wednesday that at least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations, the most serious infractions under NCAA rules, as a result of the federal government's investigation into corruption in the sport.

Stan Wilcox, the NCAA's vice president of regulatory affairs, told CBS Sports at an athletic directors conference in Orlando, Florida, that two programs might receive notices of allegations by early July and that four more probably will receive them by the end of the summer.

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward, and you'll see consequences."
Wilcox declined to identify the schools that will receive notices of allegations.

Officials at Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, NC State and USC have previously acknowledged that their men's basketball programs are under NCAA investigation.
Those FBI wire taps appear to be mining gold. The question is will the NCAA dish out harsh punishments or will they go all North Carolina on them?

Lots of blue bloods involved and MBB is the NCAA's Cash cow.

Those FBI wire taps appear to be mining gold. The question is will the NCAA dish out harsh punishments or will they go all North Carolina on them?

Lots of blue bloods involved and MBB is the NCAA's Cash cow.
Auburn and Arizona aren't blue bloods

Reactions: MAD
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Dirtiest college basketball program perhaps in history had it all layed out on the table, including lack of institutional control in passing players who never showed up at all was North Carolina. Somehow they became too big to fail, walked away untouched, lost all respect for the NCAA at that point.

Dirtiest college basketball program perhaps in history had it all layed out on the table, including lack of institutional control in passing players who never showed up at all was North Carolina. Somehow they became too big to fail, walked away untouched, lost all respect for the NCAA at that point.

If you still had respect for the NCAA until the UNC situation, then you are way too generous with your respect.

LSU ?

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
I’m all for dirty basketball programs being put in check but doesn’t the FBI have better things to do?

The FBI has been involved to my understanding because fraud and wire fraud with the money involved, white collar crimes that the FBI does go after all the time.

That this has and is going to have an impact, possibly very damaging, on one or more Division 1 NCAA basketball programs is irrelevant to the G Men. Several of the assistant coaches and other individuals involved face the possibility of years in jail and a criminal record. What happens to the various programs outside of the FBI investigation is irrelevant to the FBI. Seeing as this started way back in 2017, a lot of stuff has only become cleared for public release since the trails earlier. The FBI doesn't give two ***** what the NCAA does with the information, but when the G Men start showing up at various schools with a search warrant and handcuffs, it was to be expected at some point that one or two programs at least would get hit pretty good.

Last edited:
3079cc8cdfcdb3c4cc0784906b03bcbf.gif

VN Store

Back