'19 TN OL Melvin McBride (Tennessee signee)

Feel bad for McBride, but it's good he's getting the opportunity to get his degree. I'm glad UT honors the financial and academic support.

We are Medical Retirement U. #MRU
Slogan idea, I got my MRI at MRU.

Reactions: tennvols77
But what about that forward backcount in 2015? 🤔
If in fact we get the initial counter back for the 2019 class, which I think we do, then we can move one of our blue shirts back to 2019 instead of borrowing against the 20 class. Therefore we could forward back count I think. But not for 2015.

Pretty sure we get our initial counter back since he never didn’t participate in football activities. @Devo182 thoughts?

Yes, it's a possibility. Callahan has said they are looking into it. Who knows what he has or hasn't done or how picky they are with "athletically related activities", but there is an exception for such a case.

15.5.1.10.1.3 Exception—Incapacitating Injury or Illness. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete or student-athlete who, prior to participation in athletically related activities, becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not count toward the institution’s annual limit on signings. (Adopted: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17 for signings that occur on or after 8/1/17)

Yes, it's a possibility. Callahan has said they are looking into it. Who knows what he has or hasn't done or how picky they are with "athletically related activities", but there is an exception for such a case.

15.5.1.10.1.3 Exception—Incapacitating Injury or Illness. [FBS] A prospective student-athlete or student-athlete who, prior to participation in athletically related activities, becomes injured or ill to the point that he or she apparently never again will be able to participate in intercollegiate athletics shall not count toward the institution’s annual limit on signings. (Adopted: 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17 for signings that occur on or after 8/1/17)
I mean he just enrolled less than 2 weeks ago. Not like there's been any official football related activities yet.

Reactions: tennvols77

Go figure simonton didn’t do research and just assumed the worst...figures

Reactions: butchna and Sleegro

That sounds like exactly the situation here. Pruitt’s comment even had something about it being before participation. I would think this should be pretty cut and dry in getting the counter back but it is the NCAA.

Reactions: butchna and Sleegro

VN Store

Back