'20 FL CB Lovie Jenkins (Louisville transfer)

Jenkins said he “was excited and grateful” for the Vols to give him his second SEC offer, and he’s already hoping to make his first visit to Tennessee sometime in June. “(Rocker) was like, I’m a long, athletic DB, great kid, great mindset, good in the classroom and he loves me,” said Jenkins. “I was excited and grateful. I let Coach know I’m thankful for the opportunity.”

Jenkins, who now holds offers from nearly 30 schools, admitted he’s not all that familiar with the Vols. But he said he knows “a bit about Tennessee,” and he’s intrigued by the opportunity to play in the SEC. His only other SEC offer currently is from Vanderbilt. “Big-time football, SEC. Great defensive coaches,” he said, referring to second-year Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff. “I believe they can help me become a better athlete.”

While Jenkins only has visited “schools in Florida” to this point — Florida, Florida State, Central Florida and South Florida — he said he expects to hit the road this summer to check out at least a few other schools, including Pittsburgh and Notre Dame.

Tennessee now is among his planned stops. “I will take a visit there (in the) summer — sometime in June,” Jenkins said. Jenkins said he plans to make a “commitment in the summer,” adding that he’s likely to announce his college decision in July.

i like some of these offers of late to some of these longer CB's. you figure you get another 2 years out of BT and AT, plus who we've already brought in last cycle, you can afford to take a couple kids like this that fit the physical requirements, and it gives you a chance to develop them for a couple years.

i'm sure they'll want him to camp. but these 6'+ corners.....that's what they want.

Lovie Jenkins has a shell college football recruiting plan in place. The Ocoee (Fla.) defensive back, who has collected more than 30 scholarship offers, will take several official visits ahead of a targeted verbal commitment date of August 2. The first of these trips will go down this weekend as he's set to see the new-look Louisville Cardinals.

"They're a school that kind of stands out at the top right now," he told 247Sports. "They stay in contact, keep the communication going , etc. They also been down here multiple times to watch me practice and talk." Fellow ACC program Pitt will get the next scheduled official visit, set for next month.

"Pitt June 14-16, also an official," Jenkins said. "Love them. Communicate everyday with DB coach (Archie) Collins. He came down to watch me practice and he let me know I’m a top guy on the board he really wants me to be apart of the program."

The following weekend the 6-foot-1, 181-pound prospect will check out the program some consider the favorite for his services. "Notre Dame June 21," he said. An SEC program could soon receive the good news next. "Setting up one with Tennessee," he said. "The communication is good with them so I’m trying to set up a date I can visit." Before the visits are completed the rising-senior recruit says he will announce his five finalists heading into the summer decision.

VN Store

Back