'20 FL DT Agelu Nunu

Man i hope we get this NT to commit. Would be huge.

Tennessee defensive line coach Tracy Rocker is the coach who extended the offer to Nunu, but the three-star defensive tackle said that he’s spoken with head coach Jeremy Pruitt and others on staff as well.

Though he’s already visited Tennessee once back in May of 2018, the Vols’ offer changes things. Now, Nunu wants to make it back up to Knoxville since he has an offer in hand.

“I definitely gotta make a trip up to Tennessee,” Nunu stated.
As of now, the only trip he has planned is one to Rutgers. But that could change as the summer approaches. As for his first trip to UT’s campus, it left quite an impression on him that’s lasted almost a year later.

“It was amazing,” Nunu said of his first trip to Knoxville. “That’s probably one of the best stadiums I’ve seen in college so far. I like the staff and everything and the environment they have going on over there.”
“You know how some people can go and like lift 600 pounds and it not transition to the football field?” Nunu said. “Well, it’s different over here.”

As a junior last season for Union County, Nunu totaled 34 tackles, nine tackles for loss, five sacks, 14 quarterback hurries, six forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, two passes defended, and two blocked kicks according to MaxPreps.

And he did that while getting double and tripled teamed essentially every game.

“I did pretty good, but playing where I play, they ain’t got three of me, so they were always scouting against me,” Nunu said of his junior season. “I got triple and double teamed the whole season. It opens up plays for our linebackers, so sometimes you gotta be a team player and take one for the team.”

“Everybody’s been telling me I should try offensive line, but I like to go chase the quarterback and go get after him and tackle him. I don’t like to protect him,” Nunu stated. “I like to go kill the quarterback, I don’t want to protect him.”
“My sophomore year when I really blew and got my first offer, it was different because nobody really knew me,” Nunu explained. “I also had my homeboy Maurice (Strong) on my side, so I could do something more. This past year, we had some key threats, but offenses knew I was our weapon on defense and if they shut me down it would be easier.

“It didn’t work out too often, though.”
Florida DT "Definitely Gotta Make a Trip" to See Vols After Offer | RTI

Gonna be a wet blanket here. Saw him play. Buddy is a coach at Union County. Much better in the weight room than on the football field. Long term project at best.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Gonna be a wet blanket here. Saw him play. Buddy is a coach at Union County. Much better in the weight room than on the football field. Long term project at best.
Did he say that he took on double, and triple teamed OL to free up other players. It does not look like much but those NT have a job to do.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
He was constantly double and tripled teamed (as T Dog just said), so unless you saw him his sophomore year before that started happening his junior year, then I don't put a whole lot of stock in this.

Reactions: T Dog
“Everybody’s been telling me I should try offensive line, but I like to go chase the quarterback and go get after him and tackle him. I don’t like to protect him,” Nunu stated. “I like to go kill the quarterback, I don’t want to protect him.”

I love it. This guy is old school. Must sign!

I love it. This guy is old school. Must sign!

I read the bolded comments in Morgan Freeman’s voice.

And this area of Florida doesn't play top competition either week in and week out like the South Florida HS or Central Florida schools or even Ft. Myers Dunbar HS, etc... so I would be skeptical at best on this kid. I'll trust the staff though if they think he is a take.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth

VN Store

Back