New Traditions that we would like to see at Tennessee

Don't bring back the Smokey howling during kickoffs because we don't have a cool sounding thing to do on kickoffs. Maybe a cool sounding thing to do on kickoffs, but let cool people come up with it....

Third Down for What is passe'. Also a turnover trash can didn't work out so well.

A tradition of no more gray or black uniform combos.

Bring back the Beer Barrel!

Issue a Newbie Guide to all the traditions that already exist and tell the story about the profusion of daisies on the Hill that were #F77F00

Lot of snarky responses on here. I never understood why people act like that, if you don't like the thread then don't click into it. Simple. For me I'd like to see a new tradition of adding a supporter section like they have in English football. Kinda like a second more passionate student section
I actually don't mind snarky responses. I have only started one other thread and there was some of that there too. I have seen a lot of cool ideas and some responses that don't see the fun in the discussion. Either way I like the feedback and am not easily offended. I have been a Marine for over a decade and have grown some pretty thick skin and lost what was left of my feelings long ago. Thanks for the response! GBO!

Reactions: gnm53108
Not really a new tradition, but rather go back to expanding the checkerboards to cover more of the end zone (less green grass showing -- just like Fresno State)

Can't have white touching, or with in a few yards of, the white goal line and boundary lines. NCAA rule.

I actually don't mind snarky responses. I have only started one other thread and there was some of that there too. I have seen a lot of cool ideas and some responses that don't see the fun in the discussion. Either way I like the feedback and am not easily offended. I have been a Marine for over a decade and have grown some pretty thick skin and lost what was left of my feelings long ago. Thanks for the response! GBO!
I agree, I mean they don't bother me thaaaat much. But still I've never understood trying to mouth off on a message board on the internet

Thanks for your service...my son is active duty stationed at Camp Schwab.
Semper Fi

Reactions: GBOVFL88
I've been advocating for 2 years the turnover robe ala Ric Flair. It would be orange and white and if player forces a turnover, he would put it on and strut up and down the sideline yelling Wooooo.....

The robe would be for the ball hawkin, route jumpin, fumble causing, ball stealing son of a guns...

Stylin and profilin!

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I agree, I mean they don't bother me thaaaat much. But still I've never understood trying to mouth off on a message board on the internet

It helps if you try not to take anything here too seriously. Just imagine you're with a bunch of your good friends and we're all smiling and having a good time. Take it with good humor and give a little back now and then.

No howls, please. Yes, Smokey is awesome, he is one half of our mascot team (the other half being the Rifleman), but the piped in howls always sounded ... well, the piped in howls sounded extremely lame and people howling like a dog just didn't fit with the atmosphere. It's confusing. And ultimately it just never seemed to work. Like that damn chicken at Williams-Brice (which also sounds dumb). Let's pass on that.

Reactions: CampBlount
Having QB's who can throw more than 0.8 TD's per game career stats.

Oh..and winning.

It helps if you try not to take anything here too seriously. Just imagine you're with a bunch of your good friends and we're all smiling and having a good time. Take it with good humor and give a little back now and then.
Couldn't have said it better myself!! That was my intent for sure.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Bring back the "Rifleman" Logo.

rifleplateasphalt_medium.jpg

I am all for PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

If I have Chinese tonight, poor UGA may suffer the same fate the USCe mascot did at lunch...
I would like to see our old orange jerseys not these bright orange that Nike brought in, with these we aren’t much different from Syracuse and Clemson, the original shade was unique and nobody else wore them,

Reactions: CampBlount
OP, many in this fanbase are scarred from the vast array of new tradition attempts from our last failed coach. Most around here are jaded by the idea honestly.

It'll take some time and some winning before your Q will get much traction.

Reactions: GBOVFL88
Lot of snarky responses on here. I never understood why people act like that, if you don't like the thread then don't click into it. Simple. For me I'd like to see a new tradition of adding a supporter section like they have in English football. Kinda like a second more passionate student section

Listen, whippersnapper, VN wouldn't be VN without smartassing members being, uh, well... smartasses. Besides, you can always Purity Cow such comments.

VN Store

Back