Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure! I have struggled with chronic depression and and anxiety since middle school. Lexapro has helped me tons, but generally I'm a pessimist (shocking right). I have pretty much always been a loner and found it hard to envision a happy future for myself. Obviously that's not to say I haven't had some really great fun! In real life I try to fake a smile and go on with my life as best I can.
I'm way behind on here again but I'm pulling for you. You obviously have talent and I hope things fall in place for u as the way its going now sounds rough.
At any rate I will view u in a different light from now on now that I know it's something u deal with every day and not just trolling us..

Will know on dates shortly, (if they were able to bunch the procedures) expecting a return call.
Only way I would feel comfortable on money for fuel/meals is if I'm allowed to pay people back. I've managed to avoid asking this entire time, just never had such short notice. But it would be much less than I've had to come up with so far.
Still not sure though, let me try other alternatives first.
Thanks again for the offer SB.
Charger, your long, painful, journey thru all this has touched most of us on this board. Friends help friends in times like these in many ways, financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc. It would make many of us feel even better if we could pitch in and help. Godspeed and God Bless you and your family on this next part of your journey!

Hate that drive.
Doubt I'll see the beach, can't risk high winds at my current size 😂😂😂

Get some lead shoes. Have you seen Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children?
20160929-dyan-movie.gif

Will know on dates shortly, (if they were able to bunch the procedures) expecting a return call.
Only way I would feel comfortable on money for fuel/meals is if I'm allowed to pay people back. I've managed to avoid asking this entire time, just never had such short notice. But it would be much less than I've had to come up with so far.
Still not sure though, let me try other alternatives first.
Thanks again for the offer SB.

0b4de5d9-ccde-45c5-ade7-0c2c681891b0_text.gif

Another preview:

Mississippi State will make its way to Neyland the week following Georgia and, owing to a bye week, will have had two weeks to prepare for us. The dogs roster last year graded out at 74.86% versus the best in the conference and their 2019 class scored 74.27%. (1) Their returning production on offense drops from 82% last year to 59% this year. On defense it drops from 80% down to 56%. Overall they drop from 81% returning production down to 57%. They lost over 70% of their defensive line production as well as both starting safeties. It will be a steep challenge for them to repeat as the best defense in the conference. FPI sees their offense as 23rd best in all of FBS and their defense as 14th best. Their special teams units earned a preseason ranking of 35. Last year MSU over performed their preseason FPI by 3.3 points but still drop 1.6 points this preseason relative to this time last year. They are projected to be worse by 4.9 points than they were at the end of last season. After adjusting for our home field and their extra week to prepare for us, it looks like FPI will project us as a 1.2 point preseason favorite in the game, suggesting a 51.2% chance of our getting the win.

In looking at the age and talent comparison for projected starters, state is a full year older than us. On offense their average age is 21.09 vs our offense at 20.36. Their talent on offense is 0.8976 vs our 0.9380. On defense their average age is 21.55 vs our 20.09. Their average talent on defense is 0.8815 vs our 0.9285. They have 3 blue chips starting on each side of the ball and 2 JUCOs starting on offense and 4 starting on defense. (2) State is one of those “recruit 3-stars and coach them up” type of programs. There are 17 redshirts in their projected starting 22, all juniors and seniors. This will likely be a tough game and while they have the age advantage, owing to our out-sized returning production (83%), we will have the experience advantage. Throw in our edge in talent and home field and cross your fingers. Their receiving corps gets a lot of grief from their fans for having hands of stone (lots of dropped passes) and they'll be rolling out a new QB this year so, no sweat. Right? jmo.

1) Just for context for our readers at home.. the average team returns 63% of their production from one year to the next, same for both offense and defense.

2) They still have pretty outstanding raw talent at spots. QB, a few offensive skill position signees, and DL will prove a continuation from the mold that Mullen built. Their blue-chip signees over the last three classes:

2019: 1 5*; 5 4*'s
2018: 5 4*'s
2017: 4 4*'s

Talent-wise, they're more dangerous than Mizzou. Missouri has 4 blue chip signees from 2017, 2018, and 2019, compared to Mississippi State's 15. That's 15 potential difference-makers who HAVE been coached up, (probably minus two, considering there were 2 4* QB's and Morehead got his own guy to transfer from Penn State).. My point here is that we shouldn't look at them as a bunch of rag-tag bunch of scrubs who aren't big, fast, or strong enough. They're big/fast/strong in the right spots to be pretty dangerous.

Labruzza, Sham and several others from that class need to find a way to mean something to this roster....sooner than later.
hope they do.....

Will Ignont
Jordan Murphy
Matthew Butler
Theo Jackson
Shanon Reid
K'rojhn Calbert
Jacquez Jones

along with Sham and Cheyenne could all see increased roles.

That'd definitely help buoy our defense at all three levels (LB more than anything), and Calbert could be huge if he comes in to start at one of the guard positions.

Reactions: T Dog and jakez4ut
not sure how many nights you'd need, but i have enough points thru IHG where i could swing 3-4 nights at Holiday Inn express or something? no need to pay back. i'll get em back w/work...trust me lol.
Spoke to their office.
They recommend getting there the 18th.
Scans the morning of 19th
Sonic procedure morning of 20th
Endoscopy/removal afternoon of the 20th.
24 hrs rest minimum before attempting the trip back, so thru the night of 21st.
Nights of 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st.
We have to take the kids but which hotel doesn't matter in the least. Just 2 beds and them safe, nothing else is of any importance.

Leaving now for appt in Knoxville and will be back in a few hours.

Holy ****.
This is why I don't like answering questions without my wife around.
I'm going to the Medical University of South Carolina. ...I was close...

Located in CHARLESTON, South Carolina. ...only off by half the freaking state.... And a longer trip than I was planning for. ☹

So charger, what can we do to help you?

Holy ****.
This is why I don't like answering questions without my wife around.
I'm going to the Medical University of South Carolina. ...I was close...

Located in CHARLESTON, South Carolina. ...only off by half the freaking state.... And a longer trip than I was planning for. ☹

Let me know if you want a pit stop in Charlotte to break up the trip. I have a spare room and don't mind taking the couch for the night to accommodate everyone.

Someone over in the Cooper thread saying Kirby lied his ass off to Cade and Family, but not providing any details--- anyone got the scoop? Is there real info or just speculation?
He didnt pick us so obviously Kirby LIED about everything to get him to go there. Its not that Cade didnt want to join a regime who he had never met before it was that Kirby used the DEVIL to convince Cade to leave!!

The one they are talking about transferring me to is 35 minutes away, but our position and pay are not protected. Walmart is the only big box store in the area, and it would be hard going from what I do now to a cashier for instance. There's supposed to be a meeting later in the week to see what kind of position we'll be offered.

If you have to look for another job, just remember this little tidbit. It's easier to find a job, when you have a job. Not sure why that matters, but it really does matter to prospective employers. Take that position at Walmart and then start looking around.

If you have to look for another job, just remember this little tidbit. It's easier to find a job, when you have a job. Not sure why that matters, but it really does matter to prospective employers. Take that position at Walmart and then start looking around.

Honestly I think it shows the prospective employer that

a. you're willing to work, and can keep a job
b. you obviously passed -this- employers bg check/drug screen so you should be able to pass theres

Reactions: T Dog and SmokinBob
Really would have loved to see a healthy Warriors vs Raptors series. Would have been a hell of a series that probably would have went 7 games.
Have to disagree. With a healthy KD and no hamstring injury for Klay, Warriors in 5. We'll never know but Toronto will have to hear about Warrior injuries for a long time.

I'm a Warrior fan but I will say the Raptor players have class and quieted the crowd last night when they were excited over Durant injury. Players classy, Drake zero class..

I was reading an article from the senior editor at SDS on one area of concern that could keep 4 SEC East contenders from making Atlanta this year. He lists Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri as his contenders and said that’s how he plans to vote his ballot at SEC media days next month.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...-4-sec-east-contenders-from-reaching-atlanta/

JG last year was #1 in the conference in fewest interceptions thrown, #6 in yards/attempt, #7 in completion percentage, #8 in passer rating, #11 in yards/game, #12 in Touchdowns thrown, and #14 in attempts per game.

Do we expect the coaches to allow the number of attempts/game to increase very much this year, if at all? I mean it seems pointless for Chaney to be saying the wide receiver corp is perhaps the strongest position group on our team and then not plan to use it accordingly. Right?

The thinking in the early phase of spring practice this year was that with the offense Chaney is installing he's taking the "kid gloves" off of Guarantano. I don't know how you read this but to me it says "buy your tickets now, we're going to Atlanta." jmo.

Jmo but that guy has it all backwards. JG is fine, our lines are the concerns. And going from 5-7 to winning the East over UGA would be an insane leap. Would take every position playing way beyond expectation. Expectations, from reading various preseason magazines, is we hardly have a unit in the top half of the league (1 or 2 had WR and QB in the top half iirc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back