Vols lead the nation in recruiting

Yeah....this kid is completely stupid...WTF is he thinking being excited and loving something now. SMH
Guess new strategy in Alabama...Bama and Aub are going to be on all the kids in state who are worthy, and guess it puts a stake in the ground for UT to be in the game early...who knows. One or both parties can and probably will change their minds before it comes time to ink the deal.

The moment that you realize that you are chastising Vols fans for not being excited about an 8th grader "committing" to Tennessee...

tenor.gif

Topped off by remembering that you live in Florida...

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Wow we’ve fallen to the point that we are making threads about being first in recruiting in 2023. Sounds like something vandy fans would do
This also sounds like a Vandy fan would post. People get upset that we don't get kids in early enough and lose players to other schools. I think it is interesting that younger kids, specially one from Alabama, is interesting enough in Tennessee to visit. Who knows how this will work out, but I see no reason to scuff about it. First impressions are often very important in the development of young people. I, for one, wish other young players would express their interest in all our sports programs. Sure beats them saying I hate a certain school. Take it for what it is and enjoy what the future brings.

He's very young so can be taught and untaught. Meaning, I don't like the way he holds the ball while running. He'll be a fumble machine in either HS or college unless that gets fixed. Higher level players go for ball stripping and hit you a lot harder than middle school players. He is slippery, almost Barry Saunders slippery. He seems a real playmaker so it will be interesting to see how he develops along the way. It won't mean much if he can't take care of the ball. As a defensive back, he seems to always know where the ball is going to be, let alone where it is. That's a fine skill right there. If he continues development in that area, we might end up with another Eric Berry.

Frigging miserable around here. Many never had much of a sense of humor to begin with, now they're just, I don't know.. miserable.

I'll believe it when I see this kid in the latter half of his 6th season after RS and med RS years. That's when I'll Boom this. :-D

Reactions: Boca Vol
I know this is a different sport but here's a cautionary tale.

Andre Allen was a 5 9 8th grade point guard from Memphis and was #1 8th grade recruit nationally.

He did not grow anymore and to play college ball, he had to walk on at Memphis

All that proves is that committing to Memphis stunts your growth!

Hey, don't look at me. I promised to behave this off-season and so far, so good... after 7-8 start-overs back in the winter.

Lulz, he's mad cause he doesn't have a sense of humor. I don't take this thread seriously and his post confirms mine.

/end discussion

Reactions: Boca Vol
Everything that you've kept to yourself is gonna want out. September could get ugly.
It's been a mild off-season. Not having Butch around to p*ss me off has helped! We can't argue any more about the signficance of never losing 8 games in a season...and who doesn't love cornbread?

Gets a schoilly offer in the 8th grade and scores a 10 on the ACT as a senior. Or worse in Cali decides he wants to turn pro as a skateboarder, just as many other distractions in the South for youngsters. Slow your roll just a little folks. Time will tell.

Got him beat. My 1st grandson will be born on or around Nov20 2019. He just committed to UT as starting QB in 2038.

🍊🍊🍊
Congrats...But cannot accept his commitment at this time; as he can not meet weight requirements.
Good luck going forward.

VN Store

Back