UAB ready for who wants it more game at Neyland

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD and butchna
UAB ready to get their arses kicked in Neyland Stadium

Don't get too snarky. They're back after struggling with Bama hate and pissed off about it. They're glad to be back and want to prove they belong. They have stood tall in past SEC loses, and even beaten some SEC teams within this decade. They will come to play with a steam shovel load of motivation and woe to the Vols if they think this is a game of pattycake and play accordingly. Wisdom says, remember Appalachian State, Charlotte, the Troy experience, Wyoming, Memphis when we had Peyton, and that UAB practically whipped our behind but let a last minute play choke them. Until we're the Tennessee Vols of old, we can't take anybody lightly. It ill suits fans to presume they can be all uppity and haughty just because we're playing somebody that isn't GA, Fla, or the Bama "bassards.".

Yea, there are a few of you knuckleheads that enjoy laughing at him and others that say stuff like that, the rest of us hope like hell he's right.

I hope he's right too. But how many times have we read a post saying " I think we beat Florida this year" only to be letdown? JG against the Florida defense in the swamp is a frightening thought.

Historically UT has always struggled with UAB
98 UT 37 UAB 13 it was a sloppy game
2005 UT 17 UAB 10
2008 UT 35 UAB 3 Tennessee only scored 14 first half points and struggled the whole game
2010 UT 32 UAB 29 in double OT

I'm not saying UAB is a world beater but at the same time UT hasn't been SEC caliber in a while

You gotta give thier ADs credit. They schedule @ the best years possible to get a win over our crappiest teams in history. Except for 98 of course, dang good timing.

Reactions: feathersax
I still am seeing people not understand the climate of NCAA Football and basically sports in general. The talent level and development of players at each school has increased exponentially in the last few years because of better high school training, camps out the wazoo, developmental technique evolution, and AAU type teams to further develop against top talent. So EVERY opponent can have success against ANY team on any given Saturday with “less talented “ players. Cupcakes? They no longer exist. If we continue that mentality we will be a victim but of course our coaches know all this.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Historically UT has always struggled with UAB
98 UT 37 UAB 13 it was a sloppy game
2005 UT 17 UAB 10
2008 UT 35 UAB 3 Tennessee only scored 14 first half points and struggled the whole game
2010 UT 32 UAB 29 in double OT

I'm not saying UAB is a world beater but at the same time UT hasn't been SEC caliber in a while

That '05 game is the one I remember the most! It was laughable due to Watson Brown stating that we were just as good as the '98 team only for us to have our first losing season in almost two decades. Am I correct that the '98 game against them was when Al Wilson hurt his shoulder?

That '05 game is the one I remember the most! It was laughable due to Watson Brown stating that we were just as good as the '98 team only for us to have our first losing season in almost two decades. Am I correct that the '98 game against them was when Al Wilson hurt his shoulder?
Yes

Reactions: feathersax
I still am seeing people not understand the climate of NCAA Football and basically sports in general. The talent level and development of players at each school has increased exponentially in the last few years because of better high school training, camps out the wazoo, developmental technique evolution, and AAU type teams to further develop against top talent. So EVERY opponent can have success against ANY team on any given Saturday with “less talented “ players. Cupcakes? They no longer exist. If we continue that mentality we will be a victim but of course our coaches know all this.

Appy State dispelled a lot of that when they upset highly ranked Michigan. That's when all the talking heads started talking about parity and kids wanting to play and not sit behind two or three deep such as they do at schools like Bama and Clemson.

I could see the UT offense blowing a game against UAB. Both play at the same level.

Reactions: vols 30
Appy State dispelled a lot of that when they upset highly ranked Michigan. That's when all the talking heads started talking about parity and kids wanting to play and not sit behind two or three deep such as they do at schools like Bama and Clemson.
Yes...and the “big” schools can only take so many players and with the shear amount of players now somebody’s got to sign them. Teams like Memphis for instance benefits the most from this evolution and throw a half decent coach in the mix with a marginal schedule and walla you have a ready made bowl eligible team. UAB sits squarely in that pot as well.

Never fails.

I want to live in a world where this game DOESN’T get brought up every time a low end G5 team thinks they will beat a P5 team.

This was what, 15 years ago?

It's laughable at this point. People always bring up this game and a handful of others which represent less that half a percent of the actual games that are played between higher caliber and lower caliber teams. Yes, Michigan lost to App. St and there are a small amount of other upsets but for thousands and thousands of games the better team wins. Pruitt will have them ready and Tennessee wins by 21-28 points.

VN Store

Back