UAB ready for who wants it more game at Neyland

Not trying to tell UAB what to do, but if I were them, I wouldn't talk about this game at all publicly before it happens. Much less in June.

We will most likely be coming off a stretch of losing at best 3 out of 5, and I'm sure Pruitt will be looking for anything he can get to get his team to show up motivated and get what should be an easy W.

Not trying to tell UAB what to do, but if I were them, I wouldn't talk about this game at all publicly before it happens. Much less in June.

We will most likely be coming off a stretch of losing at best 3 out of 5, and I'm sure Pruitt will be looking for anything he can get to get his team to show up motivated and get what should be an easy W.

UAB want be an easy win for a whole lot of teams and that includes several SEC teams

Some of you with very short memories don't remember that UAB took us to double overtime in the 2010 game -- and our team and crowd reaction when we finally won were almost as if we had beaten UA Tuscaloosa. I was sitting at about at the portal level in the middle of the Lower North End Zone and the winning pass was right in front of me. I was happy to get out with a win.

Last edited:
UAB want be an easy win for a whole lot of teams and that includes several SEC teams

I don't get the love for UAB on this board.

They got blown out last year by Coastal, MTSU, and Texas A&M.

Then they beat a bunch of teams that would lose to any Power 5 team. UAB would be a touchdown underdog at least to every team in the SEC.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting everyone who really means they are good "for a cupcake". Maybe that's true. But a cupcake is a cupcake and what that means to me is there is nothing UAB will be able to do to win if UT shows up and plays reasonably up to their potential.

Then they beat a bunch of teams that would lose to any Power 5 team. UAB would be a touchdown underdog at least to every team in the SEC.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting everyone who really means they are good "for a cupcake". Maybe that's true. But a cupcake is a cupcake and what that means to me is there is nothing UAB will be able to do to win if UT shows up and plays reasonably up to their potential.
It's wishful thinking by a few posters on Volnation. UAB lost a ton off of the 2018 football team and wont be as good as they were in 2017 and 2018.

Reactions: MAD

Historically UT has always struggled with UAB
98 UT 37 UAB 13 it was a sloppy game
2005 UT 17 UAB 10
2008 UT 35 UAB 3 Tennessee only scored 14 first half points and struggled the whole game
2010 UT 32 UAB 29 in double OT

I'm not saying UAB is a world beater but at the same time UT hasn't been SEC caliber in a while

Ask Michigan about Cupcake Appy.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Almost every year every out of conference game is built up to be a monumental challenge for the Vols. It’s pretty lame.

Admittedly, sometimes it’s true. But most often the case is the Vols suck and the out of conference opponent is just mediocre at best.

UAB ready to get their arses kicked in Neyland Stadium

Don't get too snarky. They're back after struggling with Bama hate and pissed off about it. They're glad to be back and want to prove they belong. They have stood tall in past SEC loses, and even beaten some SEC teams within this decade. They will come to play with a steam shovel load of motivation and woe to the Vols if they think this is a game of pattycake and play accordingly. Wisdom says, remember Appalachian State, Charlotte, the Troy experience, Wyoming, Memphis when we had Peyton, and that UAB practically whipped our behind but let a last minute play choke them. Until we're the Tennessee Vols of old, we can't take anybody lightly. It ill suits fans to presume they can be all uppity and haughty just because we're playing somebody that isn't GA, Fla, or the Bama "bassards.".

Some of you with very short memories don't remember that UAB took us to double overtime in the 2010 game -- and our team and crowd reaction when we finally won as almost as if we had beaten UA Tuscaloosa. I was sitting at about at the portal level in the middle of the Lower North End Zone and the winning pass was right in front of me. I was happy to get out with a win.
Ugly, Ugly game.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
We cant look past anyone just yet. Charlotte was a kick off return away from being a nasty game. We also get them at the end of the year when our depth is beat to a pulp.

VN Store

Back