Cordarrelle Patterson

Those are better pure WRs but CP was still better than them with the ball in his hands. His agility/speed/strength was the best I've ever seen at UT.

Not to argue (maybe just a little) but putting him the "speed class" with Stanley and Willie may be going a little too far.

Those guys ran routs, caught balls, blocked and returned kicks, for td's. They were all deadly in the open field. Especially Morgan.

And none of those guys played in the past decade, so using them to argue that CP wasn't one of the most exciting players of the past decade is absurd.

Also, Nilo Silvan couldn't carry CP's jock. As a WR, KR, or with the ball in his hands. He was a straight line track speed guy and nothing else.

Not to argue (maybe just a little) but putting him the "speed class" with Stanley and Willie may be going a little too far.
Argue away :) Tis the season! I was meaning the combo of speed/agility/strength....but still, CP's top gear was hot.

Reactions: savannahfan
What a real treat to have had him here. Enjoyed everything he did for us and thanks for the upload. Then, when i looked at the scores for the games our great coach did for us, I almost puked on the keyboard. 10 to 41 against vandy late in the 4th. And we were even down to Troy. It ain't right!! What have we done to deserve this? I will certainly enjoy watching Patterson this year, and I know Pruitt is bringing us back. Getting blown out by vandy are reasons to become serious heavy drinkers.....

Reactions: VolFaninFla
As a Patriots fan he was so fun to watch this past season...really felt like we used him similarly to how he was used here on Rocky Top. Led the NFL in sweep YPC, had a KR TD, and was our RB1 for a short stretch when injuries were piling up.

Special talent

Bray and TRob had about the liveliest arms I've ever seen. We'd feel alot better about this season if we had a passing game like that.

Bray threw the deep ball better than just about any QB I’ve ever seen in orange. Contrasty, Shuler threw on the run better than anyone

Here is the bottom line. CP plays in the NFL. The fact he cant run routes severely limits the ways he can be used long term. NFL DC's and DB's are smart. It will only take a season if that much to get enough about him on tape to nullify him. This is true of almost all gimmick players in the NFL. They are very effective for a bit till defenses catch on.

Right now on Offense there are basically 4 ways to get him the ball. Hand off, Go route, comebacks and screen/wheel routes. once defenses know that he can be easily nullified. Because one of the big things about route runners is they make all routes look the same on first step. Maybe if he was on a team like say the browns he would be an insane weapon because there are big threat WR's that allow him to be used as a decoy. But in Chicago he wont have that. no DC is sitting up losing sleep over Taylor Gabriel or Allen Robinson. I seriously hope i'm wrong. But, CP's statement in the article does not sound like a guy looking to hone his craft as a WR or RB or anything else. He just seems content I dont want him to become the next Josh Cribbs, Dave Meggett type I want him to be a Hall of Famer and if he could just be a below average route runner he could pull that off.

Someone mentioned him getting a contract for 5 mil a year.. the Cowboys and Chargers both pay their 3rd WR about that much. Amari Cooper makes that on his rookie contract this is interesting because Amari Cooper has a very similar skillset and talent level to CP except.. he can run routes. Desean Jackson makes 9 mil.

Bray and TRob had about the liveliest arms I've ever seen. We'd feel alot better about this season if we had a passing game like that.

Yep. And both threw incredible deep balls. The arm talent those two had was probably the two best we've had at UT. Obviously, Manning was the best QB, but he didn't have their arm talent.

And none of those guys played in the past decade, so using them to argue that CP wasn't one of the most exciting players of the past decade is absurd.

Also, Nilo Silvan couldn't carry CP's jock. As a WR, KR, or with the ball in his hands. He was a straight line track speed guy and nothing else.
I was responding to comment that said CP was the best pure athlete in UT history. That is ABSURD. Condredge Holloway was a better athlete. I'll just stop there. In the past decade?........CP and Kamara were tops, no contest. Patterson will never reach his full potential, because he's lazy, or dumb, or both.

I was responding to comment that said CP was the best pure athlete in UT history. That is ABSURD. Condredge Holloway was a better athlete. I'll just stop there. In the past decade?........CP and Kamara were tops, no contest. Patterson will never reach his full potential, because he's lazy, or dumb, or both.

Actually, you weren't.

walkenvol said: "Or how bout this label - one of if not the most exciting Vol players we’ve seen in the past decade?"
To which MoodyVol replied (by quoting walkenvol in his response), "Sadly, this can’t be argued."
To which you replied (by quoting MoodyVol in your response), "Anthony Miller, Nilo Silvan, Stanley Morgan, Willie Gault, Peerless Price, Donte Stallworth......."

But if you did that accidentally and meant all-time, yeah, you have a point (although I wouldn't call it absurd...he's in the conversation in terms of pure athleticism).

Reactions: kbear01
Actually, you weren't.

walkenvol said: "Or how bout this label - one of if not the most exciting Vol players we’ve seen in the past decade?"
To which MoodyVol replied (by quoting walkenvol in his response), "Sadly, this can’t be argued."
To which you replied (by quoting MoodyVol in your response), "Anthony Miller, Nilo Silvan, Stanley Morgan, Willie Gault, Peerless Price, Donte Stallworth......."

But if you did that accidentally and meant all-time, yeah, you have a point (although I wouldn't call it absurd...he's in the conversation in terms of pure athleticism).
Yup, missed the whole in the past decade part of the comment.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back