ESPN says VOLS can sneek up on DAWGS

Tennessee doesnt "sneak up on" or "give them a scare". What Tennessee does do is pound people and take away their will, Tennessee makes the other opponent submit. Dont ever forget that. I'm starting to see a lot of " well if we can just keep it close", " I'll be happy with a bowl appearence". Cut it out.
Dude, speaking of cutting it out, how about you stop with the ridiculous act.

Reactions: Manning Up and sona
UT is closer to beating Florida than UGA imo. Outside of the turn overs last season that game was overall competitive.
What game were you watching? Florida’s physical dominance created most of those turnovers. That game was in no way remotely competitive.

Reactions: Jaws
What game were you watching? Florida’s physical dominance created most of those turnovers. That game was in no way remotely competitive.
The sack/ff/int was due to physical dominance? Looked like he came free through the C gap and telegraphed it to boot. The Eli Wolf fumble before breaking the plain of the end zone was physical dominance? It looked to me like a man running without securing a football. But there were PLAYS that you could argue and you would be correct. But overall the difference in that game was US not protecting the football. Not them taking it from us due to physical dominance. I just didn't see a team getting physically manhandled the way you must have. I seen a team that matched up well but made too many costly mistakes

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
The sack/ff/int was due to physical dominance? Looked like he came free through the C gap and telegraphed it to boot. The Eli Wolf fumble before breaking the plain of the end zone was physical dominance? It looked to me like a man running without securing a football. But there were PLAYS that you could argue and you would be correct. But overall the difference in that game was US not protecting the football. Not them taking it from us due to physical dominance. I just didn't see a team getting physically manhandled the way you must have. I seen a team that matched up well but made too many costly mistakes
You are quoting someone who doesnt know football and pumps up the gators every chance he gets. Keep that mind.

LOL. The ole passive aggressive Dawg Fan Syndrome. UGA never loses a game, the other team is never better. Something weird happens, UGA doesn't want to be there, blah, blah, blah..........

No. You lost. The other team (Bama and Texas) in both cases beat you. They were the better team that day. Let me show you:

"Tennessee lost to Alabama and Georgia last year. In both cases Tennessee lost the game to the better team. Both had more talent, were better coached, and played a superior game."

See? It's not that hard.
Sorry to trigger you but Chaney blew the SECCG by going away from the play calling that was beating Bama for most of the game. Call it anything you personally want to, but most impartial CFB minds have all said the same thing.

What would we do without our steady diet of realists on here?? Its nice to have so many on here who can w 100 % certainly the outcome of future games.. How are u on spreads? Making a living w this knowledge??

Two things...
1. Predicting a loss to one of the top 5 teams in the country last year and coming into this year is hardly a hot take and is pretty conceivable to anyone with common sense. That said, it is a prediction and I would be happy to be proven wrong in that.

2. I don't make a living on spreads. I am a Marine and I make my living defending America... keyboard warriors included.

Respectfully disagree. At no point was that game competitive. Florida physically dominated the football game imo

You are quoting someone who doesnt know football and pumps up the gators every chance he gets. Keep that mind.
You’re the Forrest Gump of VN and you’re saying other posters “don’t know football”? lol. It’s damn near sad that you actually seem to believe what you post on here. Everybody’s laughing at you and you don’t even realize it.

You’re the Forrest Gump of VN and you’re saying other posters “don’t know football”? lol. It’s damn near sad that you actually seem to believe what you post on here. Everybody’s laughing at you and you don’t even realize it.

Dang!! Tell us how you really feel.. lol

Respectfully disagree. At no point was that game competitive. Florida physically dominated the football game imo

Edit: you pointing out two plays in a game in no way proves your point that Florida didn’t physically dominate Tennessee. Jarrett was rattled and didn’t see the DE drop back in coverage after having had his brains beat in up to that point from Florida’s front 7.....Polite had already nearly decapitated and sacked JG after nobody had laid a hand on him, which CAUSED Jarrett to fumble deep in his own territory.

The Austin Pope fumble (not Eli Wolf) was just typical Tennessee BS where one of our knucklehead players allowed an opposing player to knock the ball away from him whole going in for what should’ve been an easy touchdown....that play doesn’t say anything about which team was or wasn’t more physical, you know that.

But on the whole, Florida owned both lines of scrimmage all night long and forced most of those 6 turnovers. Most of you guys act like Tennessee just laid the ball on the ground all night long and that just wasn’t the case.

I’ve always felt like Tennessee gives Georgia their best shot regardless of which team is good or bad. Pretty much the opposite of how they usually play Florida. If Tennessee is gonna pull a big one on anyone notable this year UGA might very well be the one

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Edit: you pointing out two plays in a game in no way proves your point that Florida didn’t physically dominate Tennessee. Jarrett was rattled and didn’t see the DE drop back in coverage after having had his brains beat in up to that point from Florida’s front 7.....Polite had already nearly decapitated and sacked JG after nobody had laid a hand on him, which CAUSED Jarrett to fumble deep in his own territory.

The Austin Pope fumble (not Eli Wolf) was just typical Tennessee BS where one of our knucklehead players allowed an opposing player to knock the ball away from him whole going in for what should’ve been an easy touchdown....that play doesn’t say anything about which team was or wasn’t more physical, you know that.

But on the whole, Florida owned both lines of scrimmage all night long and forced most of those 6 turnovers. Most of you guys act like Tennessee just laid the ball on the ground all night long and that just wasn’t the case.
I agree 100%. There were some things that could’ve made the score look a little less awful but there was no way of calling that anything but Florida beating the brakes off of Tennessee sadly. I’m not saying I expect UT to beat UF this year but if it looks anything like that crap last year I will be pissed as a fan. That was the worst I believe I have ever seen Tennessee play.

Reactions: KBVol
And that's fine. We can agree to disagree. Ill agree it was never competitive on the scoreboard however It was just obvious to me given the fact that I was literally sitting 50 feet from where both plays took place. The LB telegraphed the gap he was coming through on the sack int and I personally seen it coming. And iirc Wolf wasn't even touched before ther ball came out of his hands. Those are both personal mistakes and not physical dominance. Being PHYSICALLY dominated was what we seen against Alabama. Their receivers were better than our corners. Their backs and o line were over powering us in the trenches. And regardless of what anyone wants to believe we DIDN'T however get "dominated" by their d line. The o line provided 3 seconds in most cases on pass plays (evidenced by KC tds) but they lost in the run game which was the case throughout the season against most teams we played.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why we can’t beat UGA this year at home. I think we can beat them this year. I also think we beat Florida this year. I guarantee you, we aren’t going to Florida to turn that ball over 5 times this year.

Sorry to trigger you but Chaney blew the SECCG by going away from the play calling that was beating Bama for most of the game. Call it anything you personally want to, but most impartial CFB minds have all said the same thing.
To be fair, Chaney also developed the initial gameplan that gave bama’s defense fits in both games. The reason UGA lost was UGA didn’t have the depth to stay fresh and lack of ability to adapt to Saban’s adjustments in the second half. Chaney can out gameplan a lot of college coaches. The problem is he has troubles adjusting that gameplan when elite coaches figure it out (Bama x2 and LSU).

To be fair, Chaney also developed the initial gameplan that gave bama’s defense fits in both games. The reason UGA lost was UGA didn’t have the depth to stay fresh and lack of ability to adapt to Saban’s adjustments in the second half. Chaney can out gameplan a lot of college coaches. The problem is he has troubles adjusting that gameplan when elite coaches figure it out (Bama x2 and LSU).
Bama started moving the chains on offense, and kept UGA's offense on the bench. Georgia's defense wore thin, and broke, against a back up QB, who played lights out. Don't forget, Tua was hampered by his ankle, to start the game. You can't pin your ears back on Hurt. He'll kill you. And he did. Not turning the ball over, and pinning UGA deep didn't hurt, either.

VN Store

Back