ESPN says VOLS can sneek up on DAWGS

Anything can happen in CFB, but I wouldn’t bet any money on UT to beat UGA this season, and neither would the author. He mentioned two true freshman o-linemen that UT will be counting on, and that ain’t good. Most teams that UT faces will be pinning their ears back and coming for JG. Kid’s proven that he can take a pounding, and I think he gets lots more of that this year, unless Chaney can come up with schemes for him to get rid of the ball way faster. UGA is loaded on offense, and had a lot of young stars on defense. I just think Fromm’s experience carries the day big.

Gosh, thanks. Always a pleasure when a uga fan shows up to tell us how great they are.

I truly detest that program and the fan base.

People used to say “Clemsoning” until they finally broke through. It’s going to happen for UGA eventually. 2019 and 2020 they will be tremendously talented.

A Tennessee scout was reported to have said that Kirby is “down there building the Death Star”. I still think people don’t realize how loaded they really are but I’ll gladly take an upset.
I don’t know about “Death Star”, but Kirby’s loaded up some pretty good talent. I don’t ever remember us being this talented and deep on O-line. And with Swift, Herrien, Cook and “Zeus” White (now that he’s healthy) at RB, I think we’ll move the ball. We also have a lot taller receivers for Fromm to throw to. Defense will be our question mark. We have lots of talent, but we’ll have to see if it jells.

ESPN puts Georgia on upset alert against Tennessee

Im starting to feel a fever and cowbell aint the cure! GBO
I'd give Us a punchers chance at home and coming off a bye week. We're just not there yet. Unless they just lay an egg, they have more depth and talent, and are a more physical team. We don't have an edge at any position on the field. I still think we're a couple more elite recruiting classes from reclaiming the East.

Anything can happen in CFB, but I wouldn’t bet any money on UT to beat UGA this season, and neither would the author. He mentioned two true freshman o-linemen that UT will be counting on, and that ain’t good. Most teams that UT faces will be pinning their ears back and coming for JG. Kid’s proven that he can take a pounding, and I think he gets lots more of that this year, unless Chaney can come up with schemes for him to get rid of the ball way faster. UGA is loaded on offense, and had a lot of young stars on defense. I just think Fromm’s experience carries the day big.
Yeah not counting on that happening...JG is a statue back there and he just never learns to get rid of the ball...Reading defenses isn't one of his strong points either.

Both teams have a week off before playing, both theoretically could be coming off big wins vs Florida and Notre Dame. Tennessee should lose handily on paper but it is at Tennessee and Georgia is known to choke at times. I don’t think Florida is great by any means but if there were an upset in the big 3 games Tennessee plays it would be the Georgia game imo.

I'll ne honest here...

There is virtually no way that Tennessee beats Georgia this year. That article is the product of a long off-season and everyone looking for something to talk about. Tennessee will do well to beat everyone except for Florida, Georgia, and Alabama this year. That would be a successful year 2 under CJP and the new coaching staff. I don't want to be to big of a downer here because I am a huge UT fan, but I am also a realist and don't see a way that we upset UGA barring some serious losses to their team before that game and our guys playing the game of their life we will not win that game. Maybe in 2 years.
Losing like they did against Bama in the NC game then again last year in the SECCG, Ga has taken their lumps and their is a good chance they are already done. They are glad they don’t have Bama in their regular season schedule.

I'd give Us a punchers chance at home and coming off a bye week. We're just not there yet. Unless they just lay an egg, they have more depth and talent, and are a more physical team. We don't have an edge at any position on the field. I still think we're a couple more elite recruiting classes from reclaiming the East.
More?

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Losing like they did against Bama in the NC game then again last year in the SECCG, Ga has taken their lumps and their is a good chance they are already done. They are glad they don’t have Bama in their regular season schedule.
SECCG game sucked. I was there in a Bama section. Kirby’s got to find a way to win those games. Chaney tends to get away from his game plan when he gets a lead. I don’t count the bowl game. We had key seniors sitting it out, waiting for the draft and it was obvious that most of the rest had little interest in the game. Natural reaction.

People used to say “Clemsoning” until they finally broke through. It’s going to happen for UGA eventually. 2019 and 2020 they will be tremendously talented.

A Tennessee scout was reported to have said that Kirby is “down there building the Death Star”. I still think people don’t realize how loaded they really are but I’ll gladly take an upset.

There are 25 5 stars in the SEC East. 23 of them play for UGA.

SECCG game sucked. I was there in a Bama section. Kirby’s got to find a way to win those games. Chaney tends to get away from his game plan when he gets a lead. I don’t count the bowl game. We had key seniors sitting it out, waiting for the draft and it was obvious that most of the rest had little interest in the game. Natural reaction.

Ahhh, the old WeDidntWannaBeThere mantra. It still lives on. I'd rather my team have their a$$ handed to them by another team(UT knows well lately), than to lay down because representing your school, tradition, and colors doesn't matter enough. That's just embarrassing.

I'll ne honest here...

There is virtually no way that Tennessee beats Georgia this year. That article is the product of a long off-season and everyone looking for something to talk about. Tennessee will do well to beat everyone except for Florida, Georgia, and Alabama this year. That would be a successful year 2 under CJP and the new coaching staff. I don't want to be to big of a downer here because I am a huge UT fan, but I am also a realist and don't see a way that we upset UGA barring some serious losses to their team before that game and our guys playing the game of their life we will not win that game. Maybe in 2 years.
What would we do without our steady diet of realists on here?? Its nice to have so many on here who can w 100 % certainly the outcome of future games.. How are u on spreads? Making a living w this knowledge??

I don't see it happening BUT UGA will lose at least one they're not supposed to and maybe more. They're not going to be all that, they should be, but they won't be is my prediction for them. Uneasiness begins in Athens end of the dawg's 2019 campaign.
We'll call this a "BEYOND BOLD" prediction .. The 2019 team is the most talented Athens has ever seen with much of the 2018 recruiting class now having a year under their belts. The guys they lost to the NFL are from positions like WR where depth is not a concern at all. TE Isaac Nauta was barely used last year (as were most TEs the last few years) so his loss isn't hurting. Holyfield is one of 4 backs to have over 1k yards in the last two years so no reason to think we won't see that continue.

The "UGA will lose at least one they're not supposed to" schtick is really from the Mark Richt era. Their regular season losses the last two years were against AU on the road two years ago and LSU on the road last year.

Tennessee doesnt "sneak up on" or "give them a scare". What Tennessee does do is pound people and take away their will, Tennessee makes the other opponent submit. Dont ever forget that. I'm starting to see a lot of " well if we can just keep it close", " I'll be happy with a bowl appearence". Cut it out.
Good to see D4H is still rolling around here

Reactions: FLVOL_79
It would be just like Smart to choke away a game they should win
Would it? Based on what? Aside from the bowl game last year, can you honestly say they were expected to win any game the last two years that they lost?

VN Store

Back