New enrollees ranking on potential impact

raw

Great. Come to our website and click 13 times to read an article we could have put on one page. They must get paid by the click. I'll pass.

Lemme guess....allfortennessee content? What a ridiculous way to post articles. If the goal was to eliminate bookmarking services like Instapaper and Reader, mission accomplished, but like you, I won't waste my time on their site.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Painful to read Caleb Calhoun's articles. Reads like the first draft of a high school kid's essay. Wordy, awkward writing and, in the end, superficial. Perhaps proofreading or an editor to tighten things up would help.

For those that wish to discuss but not suffer the slideshow:

12) Jerrod Means
11) Kenney Solomon
10) Aaron Beasley
9) Sean Brown
8) Roman Harrison
7) Melvin McBride
6) Jackson Lampley
5) Darel Middleton
4) Elijah Simmons
3) Henry To'oto'o
2) Savion Williams
1) Darnell Wright

*Note: this is summer enrollees only, not the 2019 class

Some how, over the past couple of decades, things in the college football fan world have gotten flipped upside down.

It's the tried-and-true veterans we're supposed to be excited about, to be proud of, to celebrate and applaud. Those who have already given much to the team, with the promise of even more to come.

I don't know how or why, but now we spend a lot of time celebrating the new arrivals, the ones who haven't yet done a single thing in orange. I guess mainly because they're something new? Novelties? Bundles of pure promise, like Christmas presents not yet opened?

In the old way, (imho) the better way, we'd be mostly ignoring these fellas for now. Welcoming them, then letting them be goofy freshmen, finding their way and settling in. Most of our conversations about players would center on guys like Calloway and Jennings, Bituli and Taylor.

*shrug* just how I see it. It's just weird to me. We're all topsy turvy these days.

Some how, over the past couple of decades, things in the college football fan world have gotten flipped upside down.

It's the tried-and-true veterans we're supposed to be excited about, to be proud of, to celebrate and applaud. Those who have already given much to the team, with the promise of even more to come.

I don't know how or why, but now we spend a lot of time celebrating the new arrivals, the ones who haven't yet done a single thing in orange. I guess mainly because they're something new? Novelties? Bundles of pure promise, like Christmas presents not yet opened?

In the old way, (imho) the better way, we'd be mostly ignoring these fellas for now. Welcoming them, then letting them be goofy freshmen, finding their way and settling in. Most of our conversations about players would center on guys like Calloway and Jennings, Bituli and Taylor.

*shrug* just how I see it. It's just weird to me. We're all topsy turvy these days.
I agree JP,,,its like the kid with the shiny new toy. Play with it for a few months and being all excited. After a while the kid gets another new toy and forgets about the one he has been playing with and doesnt care about it anymore because there is a new shiny one to play with till he gets another.

Yep. One would think the new blood would have to prove themselves somewhat prior to them ginning up so much excitement before settling into the 2nd string or lower in more cases than not. If it's that tough to be excited about the starters and the season ahead of them, then it truly speaks to the state of the program. Hope and promise make for clicks on articles, but by and large they don't win games.

Reactions: savannahfan
For those that wish to discuss but not suffer the slideshow:

12) Jerrod Means
11) Kenney Solomon
10) Aaron Beasley
9) Sean Brown
8) Roman Harrison
7) Melvin McBride
6) Jackson Lampley
5) Darel Middleton
4) Elijah Simmons
3) Henry To'oto'o
2) Savion Williams
1) Darnell Wright

*Note: this is summer enrollees only, not the 2019 class

You're a life saver!

Thats what happens when you are trying to have hope as a Vol fan in the last decade - you know that what was on the field last time didnt get it done so you are hoping against hope that the fresh crop will somehow turn things around in a hurry and you wont be looking at yet another busted season of "could have been". Clemson, Bama, heck even Georgia probably barely pays any attention to the incoming because they have veterans who are proven all stars. We will get there again....In the meantime, Pruitt can use it for recruiting.

I like what you say. However when what we have been seeing leaves less than many of us think we will see from the future, we tend to look elsewhere. Yes, the hope is that the guys left from the dust of past years will develop into the "greats" we had hope for them (and us). But peering back through the dust of the recent passed, that hope is dust watered down to mud and you just can't see through mud. SOOOO, many of us tend to look to the hoped future "greatness" of our untried, untested "future greats" a little more than we should.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Because they haven't disappointed us yet?

Simmons too high and Harrison too low imo, at least for this season.

Agree. Hope i'm pleasantly surprised by Simmons, but I definitely think Harrison is going to show out. Not trying to go overboard, but Harrison's impact potential could be 5 star worthy.

Agree. Hope i'm pleasantly surprised by Simmons, but I definitely think Harrison is going to show out. Not trying to go overboard, but Harrison's impact potential could be 5 star worthy.
I hope he shows out too, but I figure Simmons will likely redshirt and play a backup role this year. Harrison could easily be a big part of special teams if nothing else this year. Worst case is he redshirts too.

Reactions: Remy

Hmm. Check the tape on our veterans at OL. That group = F-. Ready for a new set

I hope u guys are right about Harrison. Seems like that's all I've heard about all offseason
I think he will contribute earlier than expected because he is switching to a more natural position after being a undersized DT in HS. His size and combine stats are there to make me think he will be a terror coming off the edge.

VN Store

Back