2019-20 Non-conference Schedule released

VA_VOLFAN

The 2019-20 Non-conference schedule has been released...

Attachments

• 6AFBA211-3748-4512-810D-987AC1FF9B02.png
    6AFBA211-3748-4512-810D-987AC1FF9B02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: Volfan2012
Portland State was scheduled to be a homecoming game for Westbrook.

Also, Kellie did not make this schedule. She inherited it. I expect to see a much more competitive schedule in the years to come.
I hope so. I hate these recent cupcake schedules. 4 top 16 teams, and then a bunch of sub-100 creampuffs. I shouldn't be surprised that Holly was ducking Oregon or Oregon State and put a noncompetitive game on the schedule.

I'm interested in seeing how a nearly brand new ND team will fare against a semi-experienced Tennessee team with dead weight removed from the sidelines.

I hope so. I hate these recent cupcake schedules. 4 top 16 teams, and then a bunch of sub-100 creampuffs. I shouldn't be surprised that Holly was ducking Oregon or Oregon State and put a noncompetitive game on the schedule.

I'm interested in seeing how a nearly brand new ND team will fare against a semi-experienced Tennessee team with dead weight removed from the sidelines.

They were asked and both declined.

They were asked and both declined.
I don't understand how teams can turn down those kind of requests to honor their players in their home town/state. Syracuse turned down UConn for Stewart and had to play Colgate instead.

I don't understand how teams can turn down those kind of requests to honor their players in their home town/state. Syracuse turned down UConn for Stewart and had to play Colgate instead.

Not just that, but Tennessee and Oregon State had a previous home-and-home which produced competitive games. You would think that since Oregon State has firmly been a top 10-15 team for the last several years that they would want to play better teams. Cupcake schedules doesn't benefit the teams and it certainly doesn't benefit the fans or the growth of the sport.

Not just that, but Tennessee and Oregon State had a previous home-and-home which produced competitive games. You would think that since Oregon State has firmly been a top 10-15 team for the last several years that they would want to play better teams. Cupcake schedules doesn't benefit the teams and it certainly doesn't benefit the fans or the growth of the sport.
Sadly, it didn't hurt Baylor.

Reactions: BUBear

Tennessee got four top recruits from Oregon in recent years. Why help them keep that pipeline open, and help a player that told both programs no. They have no responsibility to schedule Tennessee.

Portland State was scheduled to be a homecoming game for Westbrook.

Also, Kellie did not make this schedule. She inherited it. I expect to see a much more competitive schedule in the years to come.

Kellie is much wiser than Holly and she understands the importance of challenging her team!! She'll schedule fewer cupcakes next season and thank God for that!! Easy games don't help when the tough NCAA Tournament time comes and Holly was clueless in that regard. Kellie will tighten things up bit by bit!
Lady Vols’ 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule Set - University of Tennessee Athletics

I like Notre Dame being earlier in the season.

Me too! What a treat it will be to have an early-season game with some weight to it. It sure would be nice for the team to get an early win against an elite opponent. Beating a well-coached team like Notre Dame would be a phenomenal first significant win for Kellie as the Lady Vols coach.

Reactions: T.J.
Tennessee got four top recruits from Oregon in recent years. Why help them keep that pipeline open, and help a player that told both programs no. They have no responsibility to schedule Tennessee.
No responsibility, but it's the right thing to do. Doubtful that it would have much impact on any pipeline.

Reactions: Amb3096
62108505_10155493991747824_2430209375021826048_n.jpg
Looking at it at Stanford, At UConn, at Notre Dame hopefully we can win at least one of these and all the home games. You can click on this schedule to get a bigger copy to look at.

No responsibility, but it's the right thing to do. Doubtful that it would have much impact on any pipeline.
I agree. Besides, Oregon has a killer team. What better incentive to keep local kids home than by beating the "name" school?

Worst case scenario is that they didn't schedule Tennessee not because they were dodging the competition, but because they didn't think much of Tennessee at all...

I agree. Besides, Oregon has a killer team. What better incentive to keep local kids home than by beating the "name" school?

Worst case scenario is that they didn't schedule Tennessee not because they were dodging the competition, but because they didn't think much of Tennessee at all...
Screw them!

Kellie is much wiser than Holly and she understands the importance of challenging her team!! She'll schedule fewer cupcakes next season and thank God for that!! Easy games don't help when the tough NCAA Tournament time comes and Holly was clueless in that regard. Kellie will tighten things up bit by bit!
Lady Vols’ 2019-20 Non-Conference Schedule Set - University of Tennessee Athletics
Holly was clueless as a coach but not with her scheduling. She scheduled cupcakes to pad the record but it backfired see Alabama etc.

The Lady Vol non con schedule is embarrassing it resembles the Vol football non con schedule! I assume Johnson Bible College and Pellissippi State must have said no! SMH!

The Lady Vol non con schedule is embarrassing it resembles the Vol football non con schedule! I assume Johnson Bible College and Pellissippi State must have said no! SMH!

Yea the only difference is one coach inherited that schedule clearly... for football I don’t know how many years out they do games but this is only his year number two. So maybe his was inherited from butch jones who planned a year to two years out?

Have no idea why someone would complain about the football schedule. We play competitive schedules year in and year out. Gosh forbid one year we play BYU, who still has a long football tradition.

Reactions: Smallvol#1

VN Store

Back