KNS: Fulmer on stadium project, Pruitt growth, Harper hire

lvocd

Phillip Fulmer on Neyland Stadium project, Jeremy Pruitt growth, Kellie Harper hire

Excerpt from the story:

What are your initial impressions of Kellie Harper and the job she’s doing in the early going?

“I’m so excited about Kellie. She knocked it out in the interview process, and it’s just gotten better since she’s been here. As a matter of fact, (she’s) giddy even to be the coach. She’s living her dream, and I know how that feels.”

How powerful of a motivator can that be? It seems personal for her.

“It is personal. It is absolutely personal. It can be a great motivator. It can be a weight if you’re not careful. She just can’t wait to get to the court and get to her girls and start coaching them. I don’t think there’s going to be any scenarios that are going to intimidate her about this conference. This conference is tough in all sports, and I don’t see any blink in her.

“When I was coaching, some of my players used to play over in HPER Building, the P.E. building. Kellie would come over there, and they would come back and say she’s better. She would beat them all up. She’s tough. I think it’s going to be really fun to watch her grow.”

I wish he was a little more informative on the Stadium upgrades.

He seems to be happy with direction of the Football team and I think he would have dodged the question if he thought differently.

VN Store

Back