Diamond's Eyes

VolBall09

As an eye doctor and women's basketball fan I found this very interesting. Seems to explain some of the times Diamond seemed to be living in her own world. Keratoconus can be debilitating and cause very significant vision issues. I'm glad for her that she was finally fitted with the correct lenses and feels more comfortable with her vision now.

Specialized lenses help WNBA star cope with keratoconus - UChicago Medicine

As an eye doctor and women's basketball fan I found this very interesting. Seems to explain some of the times Diamond seemed to be living in her own world. Keratoconus can be debilitating and cause very significant vision issues. I'm glad for her that she was finally fitted with the correct lenses and feels more comfortable with her vision now.

And she looks cool as f*** with the glasses on! Glad she's found something that works, I remember when she had a contact pop out in-game last season and it caused some problems.

Reactions: VolBall09

Very interesting indeed. A lesson to be learned when people draw all sorts of negative character inferences about a player, that athlete may have some real problems that the general fan base does not know about.

Interesting. I thought that she had an eye injury last year and that those were protective eyewear. I was surprised to see she was still wearing them this season, but I guess this explains it.

This is wonderful! I just wish it could have been corrected sooner. I hope she steps forward with a mission just like Tamika has🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡!

And it explains so much. In the vernacular: love her heart.

i have this condition although I’m an odd ball as it developed later in life as opposed to the teenage years.

The worst part is at night—it’s much harder to see. There is a significant glare off headlights and taillights that you learn to adjust to but I’m
at the point with rain at night that even with my glasses I let my wife take the wheel. The worst is multi lane city or county roads where the lines are painted poorly or not at all. Makes it difficult to see what lane you are in.

i have this condition although I’m an odd ball as it developed later in life as opposed to the teenage years.

The worst part is at night—it’s much harder to see. There is a significant glare off headlights and taillights that you learn to adjust to but I’m
at the point with rain at night that even with my glasses I let my wife take the wheel. The worst is multi lane city or county roads where the lines are painted poorly or not at all. Makes it difficult to see what lane you are in.
tenor.gif

Reactions: WVU05UT09
It's not a Magoo thing
Eyes are just slow to adjust
You learn tricks to handle it, like:
When I go from light to dark or the reverse, if I know it is about happen (someone's about to turn the lights on...exiting a theater in daytime..)...I close my eyes and open them when the lighting changes...Eyes focus from "closed to whatever the environment easier than keeping them open

I know,

blah blah

Reactions: MAD
It's not a Magoo thing
Eyes are just slow to adjust
You learn tricks to handle it, like:
When I go from light to dark or the reverse, if I know it is about happen (someone's about to turn the lights on...exiting a theater in daytime..)...I close my eyes and open them when the lighting changes...Eyes focus from "closed to whatever the environment easier than keeping them open

I know,

blah blah

None of what you said is correct. Stick to basketball CJ.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Diamond with back to back 20+ pt games. She's now avg 15 ppg on 50% fg shooting for the season (3 gms)...Very impressive when you consider that she had a poor performance to start the season after returning from a hamstring injury. Diamond shot 0-7 fg in only 11 minutes in the season opener. I think the 6-day layoff between games 1 and 2 really helped Diamond hamstring heal up. Diamond has shot 9-14 and 9-15 in her last two games.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Diamond with back to back 20+ pt games. She's now avg 15 ppg on 50% fg shooting for the season (3 gms)...Very impressive when you consider that she had a poor performance to start the season after returning from a hamstring injury. Diamond shot 0-7 fg in only 11 minutes in the season opener. I think the 6-day layoff between games 1 and 2 really helped Diamond hamstring heal up. Diamond has shot 9-14 and 9-15 in her last two games.
She's playing great. Too bad that the Chicago defense is non-existent.

I find it most shocking that Allie Quigly went scoreless. I don't know if that's because Washington played great defense or it just wasn't her day, but Allie is excellent at creating (and making) her own shots.

Now she can see the open player and pass instead of taking all the shots. Good for her.

VN Store

Back