SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales in Stadiums

I remember being at Olive Garden one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Six Flags one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at my cousin's house one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Waffle House at 3:00 AM one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I-dont-believe-you.gif

What are we talking about? One of Paul Bain's workout feats?

(I've waited this long to put in a paul bain joke )

ok, well is it worth possibly risking any more lives over

I'm not saying alcohol isn't dangerous. It's just that people are going to drink regardless if it's allowed to be sold. But people tend to binge drink and down as much as they can (hard liquor mind you) before they enter the stadium. It might even cut down on some of the belligerence by allowing people to pace themselves. Also, the servers can cut off people.

Reactions: tbh, Remy and SDV
I remember being at Olive Garden one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Six Flags one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at my cousin's house one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Waffle House at 3:00 AM one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times
Daym !! I said I was sorry guys, now get over it.

I think people are generally less drunk at Titans games than at Vols games IME. Something about they sell it at the stadium really cuts down on the sneaking it in/getting plastered before the game even starts, but the $12 a cup slows down most people from going too far.

I think people are generally less drunk at Titans games than at Vols games IME. Something about they sell it at the stadium really cuts down on the sneaking it in/getting plastered before the game even starts, but the $12 a cup slows down most people from going too far.
I usually drank more on Saturday than Sunday when I drank.

Heaven help those that sit in the S. Upper deck in Neyland if they put a beer vendor up there. You can't move around as it is.

From whay I understand they aren't allowing "hawkers" to sell in the stadium. They are only allowing sales at concession stands or a dedicated area. Neyland's concourses are too narrow, IMO, for something like this. I can see it taking 20-30 minutes to get a beer or 2.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
There will be stiffer penalties for bringing in outside alcohol to the stadium if they do start selling beer. On-premise licenses are specific as to what can be sold and consumed, and deviation can put their license at risk.

Good damn luck keeping people from bringing in booze when your average yokel will believe "it's ok to have alcohol at the game now". If anything it's going to be worse than it was before. People wont feel afraid to have it now.

Reactions: Behr
I'm not saying alcohol isn't dangerous. It's just that people are going to drink regardless if it's allowed to be sold. But people tend to binge drink and down as much as they can (hard liquor mind you) before they enter the stadium. It might even cut down on some of the belligerence by allowing people to pace themselves. Also, the servers can cut off people.

My belief is that people (at least for a couple years) will still binge drink before they go to the stadium and just continue the party at the stadium the difference being now they can buy alcohol rather than smuggle it in. On top of that, you will have tons of people who otherwise wouldn't include alcohol as part of they game day experience who will now drink because its convenient to.

People will also continue to smuggle liquor to drink after the stadium stops selling at the end of the 3rd.

I see a couple year bump in excessive drinking happening before anything subsides.

It will be real interesting to see what if any affect it will have at basketball or baseball games since my experience at both was always no urge to drink at all. You don't see many people smuggling booze into those, at least not nearly at the rate of football games.

What is the tailgating scene like at Titans games? I've never seen nearly as much tailgate activity at pro sports venues as I have college.

My belief is that people (at least for a couple years) will still binge drink before they go to the stadium and just continue the party at the stadium the difference being now they can buy alcohol rather than smuggle it in. On top of that, you will have tons of people who otherwise wouldn't include alcohol as part of they game day experience who will now drink because its convenient to.

People will also continue to smuggle liquor to drink after the stadium stops selling at the end of the 3rd.

I see a couple year bump in excessive drinking happening before anything subsides.

It will be real interesting to see what if any affect it will have at basketball or baseball games since my experience at both was always no urge to drink at all. You don't see many people smuggling booze into those, at least not nearly at the rate of football games.

You’ll probably see the opposite of your belief. Hard evidence shows that incidents decline when alcohol is available in the stadium.

Beer Here! Beer Here?

Many colleges that sell alcohol at games contend that doing so discourages binge drinking by allowing fans to pace themselves. West Virginia’s campus police department reported sharp declines in incident reports and arrests on home football Saturdays from 2010 to 2014.

If the crazy reds in West Virginia can handle it then I think we’ll be OK.

And yet another reason to stay home and watch from the comfort of my living room.

Reactions: AM64
What is the tailgating scene like at Titans games? I've never seen nearly as much tailgate activity at pro sports venues as I have college.
depends on the pro venue.

Steeler tailgaiting is pretty epic in the right places, and in the right weather lol.

even here in Charlotte, you've got a pretty good tail gate scene for an NFL franchise. no designated parking lots for the stadium so you have a lot of smaller lots, and a lot of them are like little party spots...you can literally just walk the blocks around the stadium and happen upon 20 different "out door parties"...it's not too shabby.

neither are like SEC tailgaiting though. the Steelers is more like Nascar......lol.

You’ll probably see the opposite of your belief. Hard evidence shows that incidents decline when alcohol is available in the stadium.

Beer Here! Beer Here?

If the crazy reds in West Virginia can handle it then I think we’ll be OK.

None of that hard data includes what would happen at an SEC football game.

There's a reason why many SEC schools are hesitant to move on this. It's a whole different kind of animal in the south. College football fans in other parts of the country arent the same.

None of that hard data includes what would happen at an SEC football game.

There's a reason why many SEC schools are hesitant to move on this. It's a whole different kind of animal in the south. College football fans in other parts of the country arent the same.

You say that as if there isn't already consumption of liquor inside the stadium, and a plethora of binge drinking prior to every game.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
And yet another reason to stay home and watch from the comfort of my living room.

Yep. I prefer to watch the game and see what actually happens on the field than to participate in a drunken party of people who can't quite keep up with what's going on.

VN Store

Back