Oregon Transfer VJ Bailey commits to Tennessee

The bolded should be the beginning and end of the discussion.

The only reason, we as fans, should care about his salary is if he were underpaid and a threat to leave because he is worth more to a university that will pay more. Fortunately, Tennessee stepped up and paid him and took that worry off of our mind.
The world needs sheep, too. We appreciate you.

Yet he revealed otherwise (in my opinion). Depends on what's important to you as to whether it damages his reputation. Definitely much worse people out there in the business.
I certainly can understand your point and respect the fact that you’re sticking to it. I just think you’ll find only a very small number of people feel that way. I personally respect his integrity and see absolutely nothing about the UCLA deal damaging that at all. It’s business - it’s not personal.

Reactions: walkenvol
Imagine getting that bent out of shape about a coach getting a raise lol of all the stuff in the world to let press your buttons...this is what you let do it. Couldn't be me
@SmokyRiverDog, I'm a little surprised to see you like the above post, as it is basically the antithesis to your fake outrage.

@SmokyRiverDog, I'm a little surprised to see you like the above post, as it is basically the antithesis to your fake outrage.
Not bent out of shape. Just gives me a new opinion of the man and his situation. It actually doesn't stir me emotionally. I stated earlier that it actually just drives ambivalence, and not any ill-will, especially towards the team itself.

Not bent out of shape. Just gives me a new opinion of the man and his situation. It actually doesn't stir me emotionally. I stated earlier that it actually just drives ambivalence, and not any ill-will, especially towards the team itself.
I guess it helps that you're not a fan, just a product consumer.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Ahh, we've gone from attempting to have rational debate to name-calling. Now I know you're on tilt. Good luck being miserable this season.
Actually, I am assuming rationality. I just believe those unwilling to look at the critical view allow sad situations to continue when they are truly a negative situation.

Actually, I am assuming rationality. I just believe those unwilling to look at the critical view allow sad situations to continue when they are truly a negative situation.
I think the majority in opposition to your viewpoint have seen the critical view and have unanimously agreed that it doesn't hold water. It is based largely on assumption, emotion, and misplaced anger.

I think the majority in opposition to your viewpoint have seen the critical view and have unanimously agreed that it doesn't hold water. It is based largely on assumption, emotion, and misplaced anger.
Opinion of actions and ramifications is all it boils down to.

I never said I cared one bit what we were paying him other than it raising my expectations of him.

I said I didnt like the way he worked us.

He showed we're nothing but a job he's stuck with after we gave him a chance off the scrap heap after he got fired.

As soon as he had a chance to leave us he tried his best to do so.

If that's how we're gonna play it then Rick you better not give us a chance to show the same loyalty.

The simple way to make us forget is to win and earn that salary.

2002. jerry green had one of the best team ive ever seen at UT and he wasted their talent in 99-00
OK, you have seen what can happen when a coach star gazes and doesn't recruit players that can play well TOGETHER in a system. Even Bruce Pearl could take lower ranked talent a get them to play like a TEAM. Would you rather have a Jerry Green approach or a get everyone to play as a team approach?

I never said I cared one bit what we were paying him other than it raising my expectations of him.

I said I didnt like the way he worked us.

He showed we're nothing but a job he's stuck with after we gave him a chance off the scrap heap after he got fired.

As soon as he had a chance to leave us he tried his best to do so.

If that's how we're gonna play it then Rick you better not give us a chance to show the same loyalty.

The simple way to make us forget is to win and earn that salary.

It is just a job...

Reactions: cncchris33
I know right?..We just got a commitment from this awesome player and people want to argue over Rick Barnes salary...Some people have short attention spans when it comes to staying on topic.
It would help if the same cast of characters controlled their compulsion to interject that topic as a dig at Barnes at every possible opportunity.

Can't he claim racism or some other offense and be granted immediate eligibility? Isn't that what tha UGA QB did?

I pay for those things if Rick Barnes makes $3.2 million or $4.7 million. I also go more when the team is winning, which has happened under Barnes the last two years. Argument fail.
Prices change in conjunction with these things. Thought fail.

VN Store

Back