North Carolina vs Tenn Vols Game 6 @ Chapel Hill 6PM ET.

Lingo and Schultz need another year under Anderson. Jmo of course.

Seniors have no leverage when drafted. That’s why a ton of juniors sign. Lingo really doesn’t have much to gain by coming back IMO. I think he wanted to sign last year but he didn’t go as high as he wanted. I would say UT may be ready to move on as well. And I’m not saying he’s a bad kid or anything, just that they’ve gotten all they can out of him and he is what he is.

Thanks to the 2019 BaseVols!

1558149099115-jpeg.207669

Attachments

• 1558149099115.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 339
Last edited by a moderator:
Probably beating a dead horse here, but with a dying phone and 2-2.5 hour drive home I wasn't able to post. If there was ever a game played by teams where a loss was mostly due to 1 guy, it was tonight. The makeshift throw-everyone-you-can bullpen allowed just 1 run in 8.2 innings against the host team. But it wasn't enough to overcome the debacle from the starter. That's a very bitter pill to swallow. I know, it's easy to be upset right now, and I certainly believe this was an overachieving season, it's still tough to go out with a junior starter putting that product on the field.

Great weekend, was a lot of fun in Chapel Hill and in the sun, but the way this loss happened really stings.

Probably beating a dead horse here, but with a dying phone and 2-2.5 hour drive home I wasn't able to post. If there was ever a game played by teams where a loss was mostly due to 1 guy, it was tonight. The makeshift throw-everyone-you-can bullpen allowed just 1 run in 8.2 innings against the host team. But it wasn't enough to overcome the debacle from the starter. That's a very bitter pill to swallow. I know, it's easy to be upset right now, and I certainly believe this was an overachieving season, it's still tough to go out with a junior starter putting that product on the field.

Great weekend, was a lot of fun in Chapel Hill and in the sun, but the way this loss happened really stings.

Probably a little harsh in your statement but if you had told me UT's perceived #s 1 & 2 pitchers were going to be this ineffective this weekend, I would have figured they would have been 0-2 and on the way home, Sat morning. Instead, this team battled back to the point of having the tying run at the plate in the 8th and 9th innings of the championship round of the regional. Good year and a very good showing in the regional.

Anyone know a back story as to why the Vols starting rotation this weekend was so much different than the rotation for the weekend series this year? The starting pitchers in games 2 & 3 were money, and the pen was unbelievably steady the entire weekend.

VN Store

Back