SEC Lifts Ban on Alcohol Sales in Stadiums

Will see much less binge drinking , less hard alcohol being snuck in , this is a win win for everyone involved. People that were goin to drunk were goin to do it anyway. And beer SHOULD be 10-12 per , rednecks and mouth breathers much less inclined to drink 6 if it cost 60-70$.

I doubt beer sales will be that huge at $6 a pop. Students and the budget-conscience drinkers will still sneak in mostly hard liquor, because it’s easier to get drunk on and it’s easier to conceal. Also, most big drinking alumni get lubed up at tailgates before they go in.

Last edited:
True, but having attended many pro and college football games I definitely think the college football games are more family friendly, and I attribute that to the absence of alcohol.

Vol games at Nissan Stadium for the 2 Music City Bowls, Bowling Green game and Wyoming a few years back all had beer sales. I don't think there will be any more or any less inebriated fans. I think the pro teams attract a different type of fan period.

And for all the hand wringing about training staff etc, the concessionaires typically have contracts with both college and pro teams. They'll be well versed in how to sell beer and wine inside of a stadium.

For the past decade, drinking a few (several) beers during a lot of the games sure would have been of benefit!

I for one could have used a case or two as Dexter McCluster ran through, around, up, down, backwards, forwards, reverse, and did a double saichow all over a UT defense one day. We're still years later I'm sure trying to figure out how to stop him.

Reported average attendance of University of Tennessee football since 1946 is 68,925.

You do remember the stadium has been expanded a few times since 1946? When I was a freshman (1964) the stadium was a horseshoe (open to the hill) and was only double decked on the west side. You need to use current attendance numbers.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You do remember the stadium has been expanded a few times since 1946? When I was a freshman (1964) the stadium was a horseshoe (open to the hill) and was only double decked on the west side. You need to use current attendance numbers.
Why? That is factual data meeting my needs in regards to a statement another poster requested recitation of my source numbers.

It will be interesting to see how it’s implemented. Each school seems to have their own ideas. Auburn and Alabama won’t sell any alcohol despite the rule change.

My UGA wife just confirmed that Sanford Stadium will restrict alcohol sales to $25k donors and only serve in a small area. To me that’s a big mistake restricting their overall revenue potential.

I hope the Vols open it up to everyone because we need every competitive advantage we can get during this rebuild including a hostile crowd and additional revenue.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I doubt beer sales will be that huge at $6 a pop. Students and the budget-conscience drinkers will still sneak in mostly hard liquor, because it’s easier to get drunk on and it’s easier to conceal. Also, most big drinking alumni get lubed up at tailgates before they go in.
Just hope they get "unlubed" before they drive home...

I remember being at Bristol one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Bristol one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Olive Garden one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Six Flags one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at my cousin's house one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

I remember being at Waffle House at 3:00 AM one time and this big dude stood up and puked on the people in front of him....good times

VN Store

Back