Oregon Transfer VJ Bailey commits to Tennessee

Now you are predicting the future to support your anger. If when he retires he leaves behind a program fat with upper level talent and the next guy comes in and takes them to F4s and championship games would you alter your opinion of him? would he then be worth the investment?
He is a coach at the end of his career and has not done that to a large degree anywhere he has been. History and likelihood is on my side.

You just validated that you have an agenda. CRB absolutely has a track record of coaching winning basketball. Fulmer and boosters would be total idiots to pay for him otherwise. Doubt those guys would have done as well financially in life if they were as stupid as you contend. Rock is lifted, please crawl back under
Not to the level of his salary in comparison to his peers. His track record previously was wasting significant talent.

How long you been married to this Rock lady?

He is a coach at the end of his career and has not done that to a large degree anywhere he has been. History and likelihood is on my side.
Who do we hire that would continue the same success seamlessly? You the same genius that said Jay Wright would drop Villanova for $3 mil per? 😏 UCLA had to fork out the same salary for Chris Mack...their next choice. He your white knight?

Who do we hire that would continue the same success seamlessly? You the same genius that said Jay Wright would drop Villanova for $3 mil per? 😏 UCLA had to fork out the same salary for Chris Mack...their next choice. He your white knight?
Red herring much?

Not to the level of his salary in comparison to his peers. His track record previously was wasting significant talent.

How long you been married to this Rock lady?
His track record is winning in regular season, but under performing in Post season(NCAA). His track record is building solid programs. It appears that's what he's doing. Just needs to fix the post season problems. He must have been worth the money or 2 schools wouldn't have offered it.

Y
His track record is winning in regular season, but under performing in Post season(NCAA). His track record is building solid programs. It appears that's what he's doing. Just needs to fix the post season problems. He must have been worth the money or 2 schools wouldn't have offered it.
You think UCLA and UT ADs are representative examples to utilize in valuing employees?

Now you’re just petty trying to argue a stupid position. Everyone gets it - you hate CRB and Fulmer
Why ask for explanations that are dismissed? Point never started there. This devolved because of insignificant challenges to the original statement.

If he'd have left texas after 10 years, he'd be viewed as an elite HF coach. He's starting season 5 here. he'll log his third NCAA appearance in a row. Considering where we were when he was hired, looks from here like we're on schedule.
Finish the job, then hijack top 3 salary.

In what era did you go to school? I would have killed to have a team this fun to watch play when I was there in the 80s. We weren't an"elite" school then, I am hoping CRB can bring us back and not stick his foot in his mouth line the last coach that had success.
2002. jerry green had one of the best team ive ever seen at UT and he wasted their talent in 99-00

Last edited:
The future will answer that question. You evidently favor doom and gloom. But, you are entitled to believe what you wish.
just imagine the doom and gloom if we had to hire a mid major coach AGAIN, AND lost our 5* recruit, and had squarely regressed to Donnie T level expectations. I’ll take and over paid Barnes to all other options.

just imagine the doom and gloom if we had to hire a mid major coach AGAIN, AND lost our 5* recruit, and had squarely regressed to Donnie T level expectations. I’ll take and over paid Barnes to all other options.
Me, too under that scenario. Doesn't mean I should continue to like and respect Barnes, though. Separate situations.

Really don’t care to enter this fray but I cannot imagine not liking and respecting one Coach Rick Barnes. Just to look across the landscape of college basketball and see some of the characters who are called coach and compare them to who Rick is as a person and coach makes me so glad HE’s OUR COACH%!!! Ok that’s my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: VolGee4
Really don’t care to enter this fray but I cannot imagine not liking and respecting one Coach Rick Barnes. Just to look across the landscape of college basketball and see some of the characters who are called coach and compare them to who Rick is as a person and coach makes me so glad HE’s OUR COACH%!!! Ok that’s my 2 cents worth.
Yet he revealed otherwise (in my opinion). Depends on what's important to you as to whether it damages his reputation. Definitely much worse people out there in the business.

When I start paying his salary then I’ll start caring what he makes. Most games are free tv content that I enjoy watching. Didn’t enjoy watching nearly as much when they stunk. Just can’t wrap my mind around folks caring so much about his pay when they don’t write the check?
The bolded should be the beginning and end of the discussion.

The only reason, we as fans, should care about his salary is if he were underpaid and a threat to leave because he is worth more to a university that will pay more. Fortunately, Tennessee stepped up and paid him and took that worry off of our mind.

VN Store

Back