Caylan Arnold is now in the transfer portal

giphy.gif

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Just heard this surprised not shocked. Another poster pretty laid out she was not happy with her playing time. She was lights out the last few weeks and wish her well where ever she winds up. She will not go to Alabama if it is about playing time.

Just heard this surprised not shocked. Another poster pretty laid out she was not happy with her playing time. She was lights out the last few weeks and wish her well where ever she winds up. She will not go to Alabama if it is about playing time.
Yep I agree and if she did she would be at best 2nd and most likely 3rd.

Reactions: kregman
She was the best pitcher down the stretch when it mattered. Huge loss for UT. Probably the best situation for her, won’t have to take a back seat to 2 underclassman and will have a better chance at getting to a WCWS with better coaching than she received here.

So of course you assume she'll have a better chance of getting to a WCWS and getting better coaching.

I think the reasonable thing to do would be to wait and see where she goes before making such judgements. Our fans.

She was the best pitcher down the stretch when it mattered. Huge loss for UT. Probably the best situation for her, won’t have to take a back seat to 2 underclassman and will have a better chance at getting to a WCWS with better coaching than she received here.

Honestly I’m not sure that many top teams would actually take her given their roster spots are probably already set.

She will probably wind up at a smaller school which is what happens to almost all UT transfers.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Arnold was really good down the stretch, but honestly the most disappointing part is that she is a senior and it will only have one year of eligibility left. Obviously she factored into our game plan next year a lot given her experience. But she hasn’t been the most mentally tough player we’ve ever seen by a long shot. As I’ve said before when she is on she looks really good but when she is off she looks like she shouldn’t even be playing in this conference. To me she has always lacked confidence in how good she could be which could be a result of her picking up softball so late in life.

Reactions: kregman
Arnold was really good down the stretch, but honestly the most disappointing part is that she is a senior and it will only have one year of eligibility left. Obviously she factored into our game plan next year a lot given her experience. But she hasn’t been the most mentally tough player we’ve ever seen by a long shot. As I’ve said before when she is on she looks really good but when she is off she looks like she shouldn’t even be playing in this conference. To me she has always lacked confidence in how good she could be which could be a result of her picking up softball so late in life.
Someone who is pissed because they are not the stud pitcher should have the confidence to prove their worth. CA seemed to go down hill from the freshman year. If she has the WS in mind then she is not going to a smaller school. She can pitch in our league if she would. We never have luck with getting pitchers from transfers the best I remember.

This is quite likely, actually. She was bound for there before Tennessee made her an offer in high school.

It wouldn't make a ton of sense if her issue is being the #1. She won't be the #1 over Gabbie Plain. They also have one of the best pitchers in the country in Brooke Nelson coming in next season, not to mention the best recruit in the country in Kelly Lynch, who is a pitcher and will be a two-way player there.

It seems that her leaving with just one year left would point to her having issues with the staff, TBH.

There is a certain team starting with an F that is losing their senior starter without much else unless a real good freshman is incoming.

Reactions: PrattvilleVol
It wouldn't make a ton of sense if her issue is being the #1. She won't be the #1 over Gabbie Plain. They also have one of the best pitchers in the country in Brooke Nelson coming in next season, not to mention the best recruit in the country in Kelly Lynch, who is a pitcher and will be a two-way player there.

It seems that her leaving with just one year left would point to her having issues with the staff, TBH.
Wrong. It points to better up and coming better talent and reduced playing time. Nothing more, nothing less. A freshman started the last few games for a reason.

Reactions: OrangenSC
You actually think players leave with one year of eligibility remaining just because of reduced playing time, especially a player that is from 20 minutes away? Okie dokie.

And she would've been a huge piece of the pitching staff next season with her, Rogers and Turner. What reduced playing time? Turner wasn't likely going to get more innings than her next season, most likely. She's good but she isn't exactly Kellie Barnhill.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Agree makes no sense. To be looking to transfer going into your sr season, where you most likely will have to sit out a yr before your eligible, has to be an internal issue that, in her mind, is just not tolerable anymore. Unless CA herself or DeerPark reveals anything we will never know what the real issue is. Hate to see her go. She could have given us a really top notch pitching staff next season. You have to move on and go with who you have.

Any one know if she is a grad transfer? If so there are no restrictions basically.

That's a good point. Didn't think about her graduating this year. If that's the case then it makes a lot more sense to do it if she is unhappy with her situation with no transfer penalty to deal with.

VN Store

Back