Anything Short of winning the East is a...............

This is a ridiculous take and totally unfair to Pruitt.

8-4. That is the goal. 9-3, that is the extended goal. Anything above that is totally unrealistic. We are starting 3 teenagers, 2 true freshmen, on the offensive line.

It's Georgia's division by a mile. Our barometers of success this year are focused on four games:
BYU, Miss ST, SCAR, Mizzou Beating BYU, a game we SHOULD win, and competing against and beating those three SEC teams that are in a similar place to Tennessee IMO. Those are 3 tough SEC games, all at home, that we have a great chance to win.

We are NOT winning in Tuscaloosa, baring a miracle not beating Georgia.. and I've personally seen way too many FLA/UT games in GVille to feel good about that game. People conveniently forget they totally whipped us last year.

You mean to tell me if Pruitt goes 9-3 with loses @FLA @bama, UGA.. that's a disappointment?

Come on guys..

Mizzou is on the road.

Wooo Hooo! EIGHT WINS!!!!! Heck Yeah!! WE ARE... UT!

Just thought I'd try and get all excited about being mediocre, since that's what we've become. Keep those expectations low and we'll NEVER be disappointed.

Pure delusion.

We may be able to upset a team like UGA or UF, but winning the east... nah.

This year is about beating the teams we should beat. We need to beat South Carolina, Mizzou, and Vandy this year. Hell I would actually be really excited if UT pulled that off. Kinda sad.

I'm pretty sure the OP is trolling.... but... it would take an EXTRAORDINARY chain of events for UT to win the East. UGA would have to catch the injury bug in a pretty big way or else the new OC just flop completely.... maybe UF too.

It can happen. But it would happen more the way Mizzou won the East.... because everyone else took a step back.

I'm pretty sure the OP is trolling.... but... it would take an EXTRAORDINARY chain of events for UT to win the East. UGA would have to catch the injury bug in a pretty big way or else the new OC just flop completely.... maybe UF too.

It can happen. But it would happen more the way Mizzou won the East.... because everyone else took a step back.
Current betting lines brought by a RF poster.
3 of @Vol_Football Games now with bettable lines at @GoldenNuggetLV
TN at Florida -14.5
Georgia -18 at TN
TN at Alabama -31

If we win the SECE this year then CJP needs A raise similar to one Rick Barnes received. A nine win season seems like it would be the absolute ceiling for this team but that is an extremely tall order. 7-5 is a more realistic outcome IMO.

Last edited:
Ah, another star child post. Yes, the recruiting services are infallible and player development has no bearing on team success. Plan on seeing much improved team this year, but you are going to be disappointed. We were on a death spiral due to a decade of decline. If you seriously expect a team to go from two sub .500 seasons in a row to 1st place in the East; I appreciate the thought. I would be ecstatic if it happens, but I am realistic enough to know the obstacles are huge and odds strongly against. Our older talent is getting much better, or simply leaving, and the incoming talent is an upgrade. We will get there, but it may take more than one year to change the culture enough to have solid success.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Every offseason, I'm convinced that many Tennessee fans have either watched no football for the past 5 years or are completely insane.

Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?

We are at least one year out from being able to make your dream come true. I love having high expectations and all, but you have be realistic and look at the whole picture. From a talent perspective we should be there by next year. We still need an upgrade at several positions, but Pruitt did an outstanding job of nailing down several game changers this past recruiting cycle. I expect that trend will continue in 2020, and we will then have a complete and talented enough team to compete with Georgia, Bama, and Florida.

Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?
We should expect less because we’re not insane. We were the worst team in the SECe last year, hands down. Clearly the recruiting services were off on a handful of our players and our OL comes into the season as easily the worst in the conference. Most of our best talent is young. No position group on our team is in the top half of the conference with the exception of maybe, maybe the WRs.

And although our individual coaches are better this year than they were last year with the moves JP made, we don’t know how they’re gonna jell and work together on the practice field, in the meeting rooms and on game day....this ain’t Alabama where the head coach is literally immune to who his assistants and coordinators are in relation to the success he’s gonna have.

I think our realistic expectations should be to finish 4th or 5th in the East until we see something different once the season starts. Just no reason to believe this team is even gonna challenge for the East, much less win it.

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back