Anything Short of winning the East is a...............

This is a ridiculous take and totally unfair to Pruitt.

8-4. That is the goal. 9-3, that is the extended goal. Anything above that is totally unrealistic. We are starting 3 teenagers, 2 true freshmen, on the offensive line.

It's Georgia's division by a mile. Our barometers of success this year are focused on four games:
BYU, Miss ST, SCAR, @Mizzou Beating BYU, a game we SHOULD win, and competing against and beating those three SEC teams that are in a similar place to Tennessee IMO. Those are 3 tough SEC games, all at home, that we have a great chance to win.

We are NOT winning in Tuscaloosa, baring a miracle not beating Georgia.. and I've personally seen way too many FLA/UT games in GVille to feel good about that game. People conveniently forget they totally whipped us last year.

You mean to tell me if Pruitt goes 9-3 with loses @FLA @bama, UGA.. that's a disappointment? Did you not watch us get physically mauled by almost every single conference opponent + WVU last season?

Come on guys..

Last edited:
Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?
You better prepare to be disappointed then. Bama, Georgia, and Florida have much better talent. We need to learn how to beat Vandy, USC, & Missouri before we get hyped up about championships.

GA has the talent according to the recruiting services after multiple #1 classes. We should hit 3rd in the east unless there are some upsets against GA and FL, but we can't seem to get past SC, Missouri, and Vanderbilt yet.

Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?

giphy.gif

This is a ridiculous take and totally unfair to Pruitt.

8-4. That is the goal. 9-3, that is the extended goal. Anything above that is totally unrealistic. We are starting 3 teenagers, 2 true freshmen, on the offensive line.

It's Georgia's division by a mile. Our barometers of success this year are focused on four games:
BYU, Miss ST, SCAR, Mizzou Beating BYU, a game we SHOULD win, and competing against and beating those three SEC teams that are in a similar place to Tennessee IMO. Those are 3 tough SEC games, all at home, that we have a great chance to win.

We are NOT winning in Tuscaloosa, baring a miracle not beating Georgia.. and I've personally seen way too many FLA/UT games in GVille to feel good about that game. People conveniently forget they totally whipped us last year.

You mean to tell me if Pruitt goes 9-3 with loses @FLA @bama, UGA.. that's a disappointment?

Come on guys..
Good, realistic assessment. An 8 win season would be wonderful!

Reactions: Rockyjr
I think this statement should be amended to read, "Winning the East would be a...."

Isn't the talent rating still mid-conference at best, including the newest class? The teams of old used to keep playing after Spurrier or whoever thrashed them early in the season. The new-era guys need to learn to do that. 8-9 wins will necessitate showing up in November.

Reactions: 08Vol and Rockyjr

VN Store

Back