Key & Saunders: Future Twin Towers?

Characteristics that can't be effectively measured in predicting the abilities of a post to play tough enough to make an impact. the size of the hands and the length of the arms are significant IMO regarding post height. The ability to catch a blind pass while being bumped, the ability to rapidly move several feet then the pass is not perfect. Similarly, on defense to be able to disrupt without fouling. To be able to set hard screens in anticipation to free a shooter.

Reactions: lvocd
No, they're not towers by way of giants at Oregon State, Baylor, etc. But they do have good size and seem to love to play defense. Mulkey wrote an interesting "signing off" last page column in the latest SI (the Tiger Woods Master's issue) talking about how a lot of young players don't want (or care) much for playing defense. She mentioned that if that was what people meant by "old school," she'd take it...since it kept them winning, even when Cox went down in the championship game.

Love to see both Emily and Tamari blossom under the tutelage of Kasi and Mimi (and the post coaching of Jon) and emerge as a real presence in the lane for the next four years.

image_handler.aspx

image_handler.aspx
If they can develop the chemistry that Kalani and Lauren have then there is no doubt in my mind that special things will happen for the LVs. 👍

Reactions: creekdipper
Jon probably has not had the opportunity to date to prepare three players 6'4" and over. for next year and years to come.

Our Assistant coaches are so young and small took me a minute to figure out who they were. The big dude in the back helped me get it.

61750273_10213730617648884_8052343770466746368_n.jpg
All five new players with the Assistant coaches. Look how big Key is she looks like an instant force on the court.

If Jaiden is 6’3” and Jordan is supposed to be 6’1” ... 🤔. Looks like something is off !? 🤷‍♂️

And just looking at Key and Saunders ..... they look taller than I thought ! And Key does not look like some skinny kid just out of high school. Just saying

If Jaiden is 6’3” and Jordan is supposed to be 6’1” ... 🤔. Looks like something is off !? 🤷‍♂️

And just looking at Key and Saunders ..... they look taller than I thought ! And Key does not look like some skinny kid just out of high school. Just saying

Key is not skinny i said it before she has been in the gym and weight room. And you are 100% correct Jaiden is not 6-3 from what i can see.

Reactions: Volfan2012
If Jordan is 6-2, then Jaiden at 6-3 looks about right based on the group photo.

61750273_10213730617648884_8052343770466746368_n.jpg
All five new players with the Assistant coaches. Look how big Key is she looks like an instant force on the court.
You people will probably think I am weird, but, I really hope Emily gets going in the weight room...don't like her Q Angle...Hips are wide and knees are narrow. If that makes any sense to some of you!

You people will probably think I am weird, but, I really hope Emily gets going in the weight room...don't like her Q Angle...Hips are wide and knees are narrow. If that makes any sense to some of you!

It absolutely makes sense to some of us. Mercedes fought that whole situation for her entire career. People accused her of playing at half speed and half effort when she had no chance of being a Speedster or moving any more graceful than she already did. This phenomenon, hip to knee ratio, has been something I've been focused on for a long time. Movement that is effortless is effortless because there is no effort to move. When I am looking at an athlete for a potential prodigy or team member, I put them through a running scenario. Running away from me, running towards me, running in a side view. these three ways to see how much labor they put into running and I watch their mechanics so I know what level of athlete I truly have.

And I know that I have taken some athletes even when they had a bad hip to knee ratio because their heart was greater then they alternative better proportioned athletes I could find. So sometimes heart matters over physicality

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back