Evan Daniels reporting Jordan Bone will stay in the draft

No matter what round he go in, there will be a big, big pay check. If it was only $1,000,000 he would be set for life if he has any head at on him. His check will be much more than that though.
You obviously know very little about the NBA draft

Reactions: EZE
I think Rick Barnes slowed down Bone to play the HALF COURT OFFENSE! Barnes did a good job of developing Bone, but every time Cheetah Bone would hit warp speed, Barnes would give him a tongue lashing.

If he doesn't get drafted is able to stay in school next year according to the new rules?? Just curious

Loved Bone but just didn’t seem his play matched the numbers he put up at combine. Would love to see what he could do with one more year. Unfortunate that he doesn’t see another year under Barnes as having the value to propel him into the first round.
The fact that Bone is being mentioned as a possible draft pick is a testament to Rick Barnes ability to develop talent. When bone was a freshmen he was the fastest guy on the court, but at times he was the worst player on the court. To put it mildly he wasn’t a very good basketball player. His decision making was terrible, but Barnes developed him into a very good college pg, who has a shot to play in the league.

If he doesn't get drafted is able to stay in school next year according to the new rules?? Just curious
Not 100% sure how that works. But, how I believe it works is that as long as Bone doesn't hire an agent and/or takes money from one, then he can return to college. Like I said, not completely sure about that. Somebody will know, tho and hopefully will confirm or correct me

Reactions: RollerVol
I think Rick Barnes slowed down Bone to play the HALF COURT OFFENSE! Barnes did a good job of developing Bone, but every time Cheetah Bone would hit warp speed, Barnes would give him a tongue lashing.
That's the exact opposite of what happened. Barnes constantly encouraged him to push the tempo and was livid when he didn't (see the UK game @Rupp).

That’s about as wrong as wrong gets, Barnes continually asked for Bone to push the pace.

I hope he and Grant go make a LOT of money and represent the University of Tennessee well. I just wish we could have paid them, so we could see what one more year could do.

If it was only $1,000,000 he would be set for life if he has any head at on him.
$1M in retirement savings isn’t considered enough these days to be “set” for retirement. $1M pretax payment sets you up in a reasonably nice home...not even in the ballpark of “set for life”.
Has the board determined if Bone is eligible to return if he’s not drafted? How about if he’s drafted in 2nd round? Was a lot of discussion earlier on these possible new rules but I don’t remember reading anything definitive

Reactions: EZE
And yet his draft stock isn’t exactly skyrocketing.

Yup, super early in the process though. Always a lot of smokescreens with the NBA Draft, more so then the NFL. Kevin Knox was a low to mid 20s player around lottery time last year and ended up drafted 9, a good example of that.

With the lack of PG depth in this draft past Cobi White/Garland which should be both drafted in the top 6, there's a lot of opportunity for Bone to rise, I think a big reason why he's staying in the draft. A lot of PGs projected in next years class too, I know a lot will disagree but I'd think those who follow the NBA draft from a non-vols standpoint think it's a good move for Bone to go pro this year.

That’s about as wrong as wrong gets, Barnes continually asked for Bone to push the pace.
While this is true I agree Barnes held Bone back. I’m not saying it was the wrong thing to do but Barnes didn’t encourage the dribble drive and that is something Bone could have excelled more with.

So yea Barnes wanted him to push the tempo but then play very conservatively once he got the ball pushed up the court.

While this is true I agree Barnes held Bone back. I’m not saying it was the wrong thing to do but Barnes didn’t encourage the dribble drive and that is something Bone could have excelled more with.

So yea Barnes wanted him to push the tempo but then play very conservatively once he got the ball pushed up the court.

Ehh...I have a hard time blaming Barnes for anything negative with Bone, he turned him into a fringe 150 guys into a very possible early entrant NBA Draft Pick.

Could he have turned the reigns completely over to Bone to boost some stats for him? Sure. But that a:to ratio likely drops, as does his fg% and the total team wins.

Reactions: walkenvol and pimo1
Ehh...I have a hard time blaming Barnes for anything negative with Bone, he turned him into a fringe 150 guys into a very possible early entrant NBA Draft Pick.

Not blaming him because it was what was best for the team but a more free style would have showcased his elite athleticism better imo.

Not blaming him because it was what was best for the team but a more free style would have showcased his elite athleticism better imo.
That’s likely true, I just as curious at the expense of what...does his a:to and fg% suffer with more freedom?

Yes. I believe that rule has officially been enacted. I don't think that will be an issue (I think he's drafted), but as long as he lets go of his agent and informs Fulmer by the Monday after the draft, he can come back.

I actually thought that rule was waiting on the NBA change. I think at least. Otherwise, a kid could return and then the NBA could call him up in the middle of the NBA season. But I'm not 100%.

I actually thought that rule was waiting on the NBA change. I think at least. Otherwise, a kid could return and then the NBA could call him up in the middle of the NBA season. But I'm not 100%.
wait, what ??? no. if a player is not drafted how is a team gonna "call him up". There is no policy or rule in the NBA that would affect this its 100% NCAA letting them keep their amateur status.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back