What is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year

He's not the passer that Drew was last season. But, he's not bad. He's very athletic, and fast. He can do things Drew couldn't, with his mobility. It will be interesting, indeed.
Hopefully Dooley will eff it up

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

Lose more than win!

Delegation and trusting the smart, proven people around you will go a long way creating continuity and confidence. He ultimately has to make the big decisions, but he’s got to put everyone in the best position to succeed. Wouldn’t mind seeing the surprise onside kicks scaled back some.
I’m glad you brought up the onside kicks. No success there , but if you go back at look at them. Each attempt was painful, NOT because they didn’t work, but because of how close they came to working. Each was a gnats eyelash shy of success.
Why is that important? For starters, it’s so UN-Butch Jones. Never forget 4th and one inch against Oklahoma and Butch kicks. Game goes to OT and we lose. That one play could have iced that game. CJP wants to win and is willing to pull out the stops.
Also, trick plays are fun for those on the field. Something they work on, watch film, see an opportunity, and pull the trigger. That’s a players coach there. You can’t tell me when those 11 guys line up and know it’s about to be an onside kick, that their adrenaline is flowing.

I’m glad you brought up the onside kicks. No success there , but if you go back at look at them. Each attempt was painful, NOT because they didn’t work, but because of how close they came to working. Each was a gnats eyelash shy of success.
Why is that important? For starters, it’s so UN-Butch Jones. Never forget 4th and one inch against Oklahoma and Butch kicks. Game goes to OT and we lose. That one play could have iced that game. CJP wants to win and is willing to pull out the stops.
Also, trick plays are fun for those on the field. Something they work on, watch film, see an opportunity, and pull the trigger. That’s a players coach there. You can’t tell me when those 11 guys line up and know it’s about to be an onside kick, that their adrenaline is flowing.

They were close, and i thinks it’s good that it lets the players know he’s going to do what he can to win. I’m not saying I don’t want to wrinkle that in some, but I feel it was partly for surprise and mostly out of desperation because we needed any break we could. I can live with that, I just hope we don’t have to constantly have that mindset of desperation.

The best, most imaginative play calling Butch ever had were in games we lost. UGA in 2013 I think and the fake punt for a TD.

Reactions: 08Vol
Have a team that's unprepared like they were several times last year. Even in games that should have been gimmes they seemed uninterested. The team comes out like that again and he'll lose the fanbase long before Vanderbilt

Not make a bowl game.

I'd still give him Year 3 to try to fix things, but feel like we have enough talent to go to a bowl game. We're pretty solid at QB, WRs, DBs, and we have a lot of talent at LB. We have a top 5 SEC RB in Ty Chandler. Even with the problems on the O-line and depth issues on D-line, we should win at least 6. I'm not expecting a miracle 10-win season or anything; just a bowl.

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

Agreed. Losing to Vanderbilt again would be difficult unless he beats Alabama. Hahahahaha!

Not make a bowl game.

I'd still give him Year 3 to try to fix things, but feel like we have enough talent to go to a bowl game. We're pretty solid at QB, WRs, DBs, and we have a lot of talent at LB. We have a top 5 SEC RB in Ty Chandler. Even with the problems on the O-line and depth issues on D-line, we should win at least 6. I'm not expecting a miracle 10-win season or anything; just a bowl.
Yup

Lose one of those OOC easy games at the first of the year, do that and he might lose the team. I don’t see that happening though, we have a very favorable schedule this year.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back