What is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year

volgrad500

The Oracle of Orange
What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .

What do you think is the ONE thing Pruitt cannot do next year without the fanbase losing faith?

For me, the only thing worse to losing to Vandy, is losing to a rebuilding Vandy at home. If he loses the Vandy game next year.... it'll be ugly for him I believe .
I agree with your choice. Although I think there are many things he simply can not do. He cannot interfere with the offense at all. He has to let this staff/player relationship grow on its own and let Cheney run the offense and choose his own personnel.

That being said I won't be one calling for his job regardless. I think VN has to learn to be patient and stop paying musical coach(true definitionof insanity). He needs 4 yrs to complete a cycle and complaining about the immediate results are simply unfair.

I agree with your choice. Although I think there are many things he simply can not do. He cannot interfere with the offense at all. He has to let this staff/player relationship grow on its own and let Cheney run the offense and choose his own personnel.

That being said I won't be one calling for his job regardless. I think VN has to learn to be patient and stop paying musical coach(true definitionof insanity). He needs 4 yrs to complete a cycle and complaining about the immediate results are simply unfair.

I think the bolded is a good point, and one I hadn't thought of. If he lets Cheney do his thing, it will be good for the offense and give him more time to focus on the defense, but possibly more importantly, it will be a sign he's willing to listen to those around him- something any head coach worth a dime has to do.

Reactions: alavolfan
One commenter said that he needs to leave the offense alone. I agree if things are going well and hopefully there won’t be any issues with Chaney. However, if things go south and the offense becomes non existent like like they were last year, I expect CJP to get involved and make changes if necessary. Last year when the schemes were horrible Pruitt just backed off and didn’t try to change anything. Maybe it was really his offense and Helton was following orders. Again with someone like Chaney this shouldn’t be s problem in 2019. They need to adjust to the players they have and quit trying to force a philosophy that doesn’t match the players abilities.

No doubt it’s the Vandy game. It’s embarrassing they are 5 out of the last 7. That has to stop. Our athalon rankings are essentially the same last I looked. That is a MUST win for this season

I think the bolded is a good point, and one I hadn't thought of. If he lets Cheney do his thing, it will be good for the offense and give him more time to focus on the defense, but possibly more importantly, it will be a sign he's willing to listen to those around him- something any head coach worth a dime has to do.

Delegation and trusting the smart, proven people around you will go a long way creating continuity and confidence. He ultimately has to make the big decisions, but he’s got to put everyone in the best position to succeed. Wouldn’t mind seeing the surprise onside kicks scaled back some.

Reactions: savannahfan
I personally wouldn't be opposed to him dedicating this season to building experience and possibly finish a game behind schedule.
Think about it. JG could be moving on as early as next yr if he (1)has a breakout yr or (2) takes another beating like he did last yr. We have no one behind him with any real experience. Im pretty sure JT will be #2 so he'll get some snaps. Why not pick 4 games for Maurer to start or play significant time?

The o line is a question mark so if they struggle why not interchange and evaluate in real game action? You'll know who can and can't by midseason.

Same on d line as above.

The results in 2020 will be 2 possible 3 returning qbs with SEC experience. A young experianced o line and d line and the KNOWLEDGE of what positions are in the most need for recruiting and all we gave up was possibly 8-5 for 6-6. We still make a bowl game. Thoughts?

Lose to Vandy. Or continue to be blown out versus Florida, Bama, UGA and Missouri. Missouri in particular. Or have players quit in the last two regular season games. But, even if he does, the process will continue.
Will be interesting to see what Dooley and Co can do with Kelly Bryant at QB.

Reactions: kbear01
Lose to Vandy. Or continue to be blown out versus Florida, Bama, UGA and Missouri. Missouri in particular. Or have players quit in the last two regular season games. But, even if he does, the process will continue.

I agree, the team can't quit this season. We should have a sufficient number of butch recruits transitioned off the team and the remaining ones should be buying into CJP's system by now.

VN Store

Back