Super Regional vs Florida

Just killed the rally...., swing the f’ing bat..... it’s weird we got 3 hits in the first by swinging the bat! That strikeout looking just like Seggern’s last night obsolutely killed us from scoring more runs.
Kelly is nowhere near at her best.... she’s hittable if you SWING THE BAT
She has killed rallys for a month with a backward K mostly and still bats top of lineup. She is mimicking Seggren I guess

I hope the OKS coach is not a pushover like our coaches. I wouldn’t put up with the crow hopping!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
2019 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .320 Batting Order 5-9: .183

2018 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .326 Batting Order 5-9: .207

2017 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .374 Batting Order 5-9: .177

and that is why UT doesn't make it to Oklahoma

In closing.....

Based on the deciding variables that would be in play, I guaranteed we could not win the series with Florida before it began...It was just a logical observation.

In the final game, our slap happy girls were called out of the box approximately 3 times, it could have been more, I lost count... At the very least, those automatic outs were rally killers....This we all agree on...

In the series our slap hitters were called out numerous more times...Each one was a rally killer.. How many times was Florida called "out" for being out of the box?

How many times did the crow hopper hop her illegal pitch? In the last game around 100 or more......In the 3 games, well over 300, maybe 400, or more.....How many times was she called for it?

Zero!

Matty Moss, in her game, is called for an illegal pitch......Barnhill, makes 400 or more, by rule, illegal pitches, none are called....Our girl makes 1, and is penalized for it. What are the odds?

The LVs fought hard and gave a maximum effort'll....It was gallant attempt to overcome the odds against them...They fought all the way.

Perhaps it is a agreed upon symbiotic relationship between all the SEC teams to let Barnhill get away with her illegal pitching, and punish any other pitcher that does what Barnhill does regularly...She gives great exposure to the SEC, which in turn will continue to bring top talent to the SEC...

It was a hell of a fun season....

Last edited:
I'm no expert on pitching rules in softball. I do know we had players on base throughout the Florida series. Weak, timid at bats and no player who could manage to come through in the clutch, along with a couple of coaching decisions that made me scratch my head, were the main reasons we did not win. The one game we did win was in a sense unearned as it was gift wrapped and handed to us by Florida via the walk walk off. There were far more issues than whether the Florida pitcher was or wasn't "crow hopping".

As a follow up to my previous post, our pitchers did play like champions. Too bad our defense and batting didn't offer more support.

Softball has rules that all teams are suppose to obey...These rules are in place to level the playing field as much as possible....This we should all agree upon.

Staying in the batters box, while making contact with the ball, is a rule that was enforced with great regularity this past series with Florida. This we should all agree upon too.

Leaping, commonly referred to as crow hopping, and then "replanting the pivot foot much closer to the batter and making the pitch", is also a softball rule that is just as important as staying in the batters box, was not enforced, except the one time against a Lady Vol.

Since the game is structured around a rigid set of rules, and only one team, the Lady Vols, was punished by the breaking of some of these rules that are designed to make the playing field even, I submit to Vol Nation, the playing field was anything but even for that series.

Softball has rules that all teams are suppose to obey...These rules are in place to level the playing field as much as possible....This we should all agree upon.

Staying in the batters box, while making contact with the ball, is a rule that was enforced with great regularity this past series with Florida. This we should all agree upon too.

Leaping, commonly referred to as crow hopping, and then "replanting the pivot foot much closer to the batter and making the pitch", is also a softball rule that is just as important as staying in the batters box, was not enforced, except the one time against a Lady Vol.

Since the game is structured around a rigid set of rules, and only one team, the Lady Vols, was punished by the breaking of some of these rules that are designed to make the playing field even, I submit to Vol Nation, the playing field was anything but even for that series.
And our coach let it happen.

In closing.....

Based on the deciding variables that would be in play, I guaranteed we could not win the series with Florida before it began...It was just a logical observation.

In the final game, our slap happy girls were called out of the box approximately 3 times, it could have been more, I lost count... At the very least, those automatic outs were rally killers....This we all agree on...

In the series our slap hitters were called out numerous more times...Each one was a rally killer.. How many times was Florida called "out" for being out of the box?

How many times did the crow hopper hop her illegal pitch? In the last game around 100 or more......In the 3 games, well over 300, maybe 400, or more.....How many times was she called for it?

Zero!

Matty Moss, in her game, is called for an illegal pitch......Barnhill, makes 400 or more, by rule, illegal pitches, none are called....Our girl makes 1, and is penalized for it. What are the odds?

The LVs fought hard and gave a maximum effort'll....It was gallant attempt to overcome the odds against them...They fought all the way.

Perhaps it is a agreed upon symbiotic relationship between all the SEC teams to let Barnhill get away with her illegal pitching, and punish any other pitcher that does what Barnhill does regularly...She gives great exposure to the SEC, which in turn will continue to bring top talent to the SEC...

It was a hell of a fun season....
Florida had one girl if I recall correctly that was called out and man, she was way out of the box, almost stepped on home plate for them to call it. The Barnhill girl is so close to illegal and yes sometimes she is, that is hard to call, especially at Florida.

Piney, on practically every pitch, she leaps forward, and then replants her pivot foot and then pushes forward and releases the ball...By this illegal action by rule, she is closer to the batter when the ball is released, which makes the ball harder to hit by reducing the reaction time of the batter...This gives her an added advantage over the batter...That's why the rule was added several years ago.

As I stated earlier in another post, the SEC league has to be complicit to allow this infraction to be, not only tolerated, but applauded with such glowing notoriety......She's good for the league. She's a big name playing in the SEC.

The series against Florida was anything but a fair series....

Piney, on practically every pitch, she leaps forward, and then replants her pivot foot and then pushes forward and releases the ball...By this illegal action by rule, she is closer to the batter when the ball is released, which makes the ball harder to hit by reducing the reaction time of the batter...This gives her an added advantage over the batter...That's why the rule was added several years ago.

As I stated earlier in another post, the SEC league has to be complicit to allow this infraction to be, not only tolerated, but applauded with such glowing notoriety......She's good for the league. She's a big name playing in the SEC.

The series against Florida was anything but a fair series....
Do not be that guy. We had the chances we lost. We know how the hopper throws and obviously the rules interpretation is different. Please there are so many on here “we got jobbed” etc. If they hit they win simple enough. Not busting chops just gets old ever lose. I am not saying you are wrong either.

Do not be that guy. We had the chances we lost. We know how the hopper throws and obviously the rules interpretation is different. Please there are so many on here “we got jobbed” etc. If they hit they win simple enough. Not busting chops just gets old ever lose. I am not saying you are wrong either.

Tis is about allowing 1` person to cheat the entire year and rewarding them and their coach for it. Yes UT had their chances a blew it due to Horrendous coaching for the last 2 years

VN Store

Back