UT will be the most improved team in the SEC

Would you take 3-9 if our 3 wins came against at Florida Georgia and at Alabama?

I honestly am debating this one in my head.
No. That would mean that a lot of people are cheating and paying Refs to throw the games. However, in 2-4 years we may beat Florida, Georgia, and Alabama in the same year as well as the rest of the teams we play.

Key word is BOLD prediction. These are predictions the very person thinks is probably unlikely, but willing enough to take a shot on and hope to get 1 right and look cool. I usually consider these about ~20% confidence bets.

If you're talking about the fans' choice, Pruitt was not on anyone's radar and was probably outside the top 100 of names being floated. Seems like Fulmer interviewed Steele, Tucker and Morris. Not sure where Pruitt fit in on Fulmer's list but it probably doesn't matter now. A lot of programs were hiring coaches at the end of 2017 and the only P5 program other than us that gave Pruitt a sniff was Mississippi State.
Fulmer didn’t interview Morris. He interviewed Pruitt, Tucker and Steele, all SEC D Coordinators....and chose/offered Pruitt. And since Fulmer’s search was the only legit search we had, it can easily be said that we got the first guy we offered, which is light years away from being our 10th choice.

No. That would mean that a lot of people are cheating and paying Refs to throw the games. However, in 2-4 years we may beat Florida, Georgia, and Alabama in the same year as well as the rest of the teams we play.
Damn high school is out for the summer

Fulmer didn’t interview Morris. He interviewed Pruitt, Tucker and Steele, all SEC D Coordinators....and chose/offered Pruitt. And since Fulmer’s search was the only legit search we had, it can easily be said that we got the first guy we offered, which is light years away from being our 10th choice.
lol

I disagree it was our "only legitimate" search and Pruitt was "our First choice", I mean we did hire a coach and he was "the" first choice. So technically we did get "our" first choice, WE just didn't want him. I do believe Pruitt was Fulmers first choice.

We were far away from 10th choice. Stupid argument anyway, what difference does it make?

If you want to say CJP was Fulmer's first choice of what was realistically available at the time, I'll give you that one. Nobody had Pruitt as choice No. 1. It's funny because trying to backfill that somehow we got our top choice is the typical sort of nonsense that gave rise to the term "sunshine pumper". It's just not true.

If you want to say CJP was Fulmer's first choice of what was realistically available at the time, I'll give you that one. Nobody had Pruitt as choice No. 1. It's funny because trying to backfill that somehow we got our top choice is the typical sort of nonsense that gave rise to the term "sunshine pumper". It's just not true.

And who do you think our top choice was at that time? Still, would like to know. I’m glad to finally know how ”sunshine pumper” came into being. Now, how did “nega vol” come to being?

Go back and read through the coaching search threads starting with the day of Butch's firing. You'll see a lot of names, but not Pruitt.

Go back and read through the coaching search threads starting with the day of Butch's firing. You'll see a lot of names, but not Pruitt.

I was here through all of it. What you are comparing, is two different AD’s, two different coaching searches and two different situations and trying to fit them into one.

If you want to ignore what the fans wanted and whatever Currie did, that's your choice. It doesn't change the fact that nobody wanted Pruitt from the git. He's got a couple more seasons to turn this thing around and prove the doubters wrong, but he probably won't.

We go through this every year. In the offseason, some UT fans try and convince themselves how bad UF players are, and how great UT players are. To say that UF’s current group of WR’s are anything other than elite and deep, is simply denying and hating because it’s UF. As much as I hate UGA, I can be honest with myself and admit their o-line is elite. It’s not that hard. Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes are elite WR’s. How many times does Tyrie Cleveland have to run by, around and jump over your DB’s for you to understand his talent? Swain and Hammond are both steady and dependable, Kadarius Toney is a proven playmaker. Swain outran UT’s entire secondary last year, and he’s not even close to UF’s speediest WR.

So this is how this will play out. All these Florida guys will have big years, they’ll beat Tennessee again, win 10+ games again, go on to get drafted. Tennessee will go 6-6, have a choppy season, see 2 or 3 guys get drafted (maybe) and the same guys who were trying to convince everyone how much better UT players were than UF’s players, will then become the guys telling us how great a coach Pruitt really is, it’s just that he’s been over-matched from a talent standpoint, and when he finally gets his players, look out! If you’re trying to convince everyone how sorry UF players are, you’re not allowed to then prop-up your coach using the “he only needs more talent” after those “sorry” UF players throttle you by 4 TD’s.
I wouldn't call 175 yd's against freshman a dominating performance! What happened to your all American WR's against Missouri?

If you want to ignore what the fans wanted and whatever Currie did, that's your choice. It doesn't change the fact that nobody wanted Pruitt from the git. He's got a couple more seasons to turn this thing around and prove the doubters wrong, but he probably won't.

He’s the coach now, I can’t say I know if he will get it done, but I’ll be here supporting the team and hoping for the best, have through all of them since Battle, but how do YOU know Pruitt wasn’t Fulmer’s first choice? You stated that he wasn’t the first choice in the coaching search, lumping it all together.

Would you take 3-9 if our 3 wins came against at Florida Georgia and at Alabama?

I honestly am debating this one in my head.

ooh that is a tough one. it would definitely go down as the craziest season ever.
I would have to say no. I live in Chattanooga so I would never hear the end of it if we lost to them.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
ooh that is a tough one. it would definitely go down as the craziest season ever.
I would have to say no. I live in Chattanooga so I would never hear the end of it if we lost to them.

Hell,you better say no. That scenario would include a 4th straight loss to Vanderbilt. If any scenario includes that, forget it. No matter what, those folks need to head back to Nashville with their anchors up.

Reactions: casetopia
He’s the coach now, I can’t say I know if he will get it done, but I’ll be here supporting the team and hoping for the best, have through all of them since Battle, but how do YOU know Pruitt wasn’t Fulmer’s first choice? You stated that he wasn’t the first choice in the coaching search, lumping it all together.
Your post said "our". I don't think Fulmer means "our". Plus, I bet if you could get CPF in a room with some sodium pentathol he would not say that Pruitt was his first choice and if he did say that he should not be the UTAD.

What happened to your all American WR's against Missouri?

In general, the team got their butts kicked. Specific to the WR’s, Hammond had a nice game; 5 catches and a TD, Jefferson had 4 catches, Toney had a couple of big plays; 72 receiving yards on two catches.

Hard to point to much positive in that game, it was UF’s worst performance of the year. I assume that’s the reason you chose that game and ignored the 10 wins.

Don’t take my word for it, take everyone else’s. Most everyone is recognizing UF’s WR’s as among the best in the country and second in the SEC behind Bama. That position group is talented and deep.

Your post said "our". I don't think Fulmer means "our". Plus, I bet if you could get CPF in a room with some sodium pentathol he would not say that Pruitt was his first choice and if he did say that he should not be the UTAD.

Sure, I used our, as in our team, university, coaches, administration, etc. Now you are "betting" instead of "knowing". I think what you really meant was "guessing".

Sure, I used our, as in our team, university, coaches, administration, etc. Now you are "betting" instead of "knowing". I think what you really meant was "guessing".
No. I am sure that Pruitt was not our first choice. I'm relatively certain he was not the first choice of Fulmer seeing as how any AD with a lick of competence would much rather hire a guy with head coaching experience who has rebuilt a program and/or won a championship of some sort than hire an unknown assistant coach that nobody else wanted.

VN Store

Back