Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

I mostly agree, but with just one caveat. If we say he is what he is, then is that the player that looked like the best freshman of the bunch vs UNC and Oregon before his injury, or is it the seemingly more timid version we have seen since? If we could harness the aggressive version we saw three years ago as a young freshman on a more consistent basis, he may present more upside than any of us realize.

For the record I have been a Fulky guy from the day he signed, and was feeling pretty cocky those early games his first year. it is my HOPE that when his role is redefined and IF that includes being a primary option he will take that to heart just like he did when he knew GW and AS were supposed to get the ball... He extended so many possessions with either rebounds or tip outs because that was within his role.... Time will tell, and don't know a basis for taking an extreme position on his potential production either way....

But you are claiming on one hand that he isn’t signing high enough ranked guys, then he signs higher ranked guys and you claim they suck, so which do you want? Guys who are good? Higher ranked guys, but that don’t live up? Or only higher ranked guys who turn out to be good? Just seems like a strange stance.

I’m not sure I recall that, I remember you recently mentioning it and I told you how they were looking at multiple guards in the 2020 class.
Obviously, he and his staff are the ones doing the evaluating.
The need for guards (specifically ball handlers and pure shooters) isn’t something you address when they are all gone. If you are losing four in two years, you don’t sign one in the past two cycles.
They signed none last year. One this year.
Kudos to Barnes if he is able to get Bone to come back. I’m starting to think that may be a real possibility.

Obviously, he and his staff are the ones doing the evaluating.
The need for guards (specifically ball handlers and pure shooters) isn’t something you address when they are all gone. If you are losing four in two years, you don’t sign one in the past two cycles.
They signed none last year. One this year.
Kudos to Barnes if he is able to get Bone to come back. I’m starting to think that may be a real possibility.
What about when he adds a Top 100 ball handler and very good shooter here soon?

Bone ain’t coming back.

Reactions: therickbol
So when Bone officially declares, will we announce the transfer then BTO? Will he be a difference maker? Can he shoot the 3 ball?

Yes. IMO Yes. Yes.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm confused about this whole situation. Is this something you just read on volquest and are speculating about? Because I believe this all started when you said VQ was insinuating wed take someone, but then you stated "I’m guessing probably Top 100 type, or impact type player". Do you actually have knowledge of a specific player the staff is going after that you just dont want to share with the page? Because your recent posts have definitely implied that you know of a specific player. And if you dont want to share it, why not?

I'm sorry, maybe I'm confused about this whole situation. Is this something you just read on volquest and are speculating about? Because I believe this all started when you said VQ was insinuating wed take someone, but then you stated "I’m guessing probably Top 100 type, or impact type player". Do you actually have knowledge of a specific player the staff is going after that you just dont want to share with the page? Because your recent posts have definitely implied that you know of a specific player. And if you dont want to share it, why not?
4 star Victor Bailey, Oregon Transfer. Will pick up the reins at PG when Bowden and turner graduate. Shoots 39% from 3. 90% FT. Will have a season to sit and practice with the team and learn the Barnes system. Maybe Barnes knows what he's doing after all.

4 star Victor Bailey, Oregon Transfer. Will pick up the reins at PG when Bowden and turner graduate. Shoots 39% from 3. 90% FT. Will have a season to sit and practice with the team and learn the Barnes system. Maybe Barnes knows what he's doing after all.

My post was less so about the player, and more so about did he just read it on vq and if so why are we playing a dumb guessing game about it. I've already read the whole discussion about it up to this point.

My post was less so about the player, and more so about did he just read it on vq and if so why are we playing a dumb guessing game about it. I've already read the whole discussion about it up to this point.
BTO playin.

Speculation started on VQ and I mentioned it here, they didn’t mention a name, I did some digging and found someone and I hinted at that player here. His name has been mentioned by some already but I haven’t mentioned a name yet because the staff is clearly trying to keep it somewhat quiet for a reason.

Speculation started on VQ and I mentioned it here, they didn’t mention a name, I did some digging and found someone and I hinted at that player here. His name has been mentioned by some already but I haven’t mentioned a name yet because the staff is clearly trying to keep it somewhat quiet for a reason.

Thank you. I'm a gentleman who appreciates clarity. Although if the staff wants it to be kept quiet I'm not sure posting about it in this forum really matters one way or the other.

Thank you. I'm a gentleman who appreciates clarity. Although if the staff wants it to be kept quiet I'm not sure posting about it in this forum really matters one way or the other.

You’d be surprised how quick me mentioning so & so ends up on twitter and becoming public knowledge very quick.

You’d be surprised how quick me mentioning so & so ends up on twitter and becoming public knowledge very quick.
Maybe, or maybe not, but either way my point is if the staff is relying on volnation to keep a secret quiet then they have already been screwed by about 100 people before it gets to any of us. And, you said it yourself, this situation is all just speculation anyway.

Maybe, or maybe not, but either way my point is if the staff is relying on volnation to keep a secret quiet then they have already been screwed by about 100 people before it gets to any of us. And, you said it yourself, this situation is all just speculation anyway.

I think your number of 100 is probably pretty high, also there are no mentions of said player and Tennessee anywhere on social media...that would obviously change.

Iyo what could he add to better his game this season? I think he does a very good job in his role: hustle's on both ends, solid screen guy, and pretty heady player on the court in terms of making the right pass and rotating defensively. His energy off of the bench at times gives the squad a boost but just calling it for what it is, he's an undersized 5 with a limited array of skills offensively and at times defensively served as a liability when it came to the glass. But in the end, he's a solid rotation piece for our team, true Glue Guy.

Well, if he added weight and strength, he might be a better defender, and a much better rebouner. He is 6' 9", so I wouldn't call him undersied if he added some weight. Thus far, his range is about zero feet (dunks). So, I think he might add 10 - 12 feet to that. Becoming a bit of an offensive threat might avoid double teams on other players too.

So, mostly if he is not getting pushed around, I think that would improve his overall game immensely.

Assuming we land Bailey and counting him with Plavsic into the class, we would rank around 12th.

Granted, transfers aren't normally counted so a few teams might be higher, but still say we are 15th... Pretty strong class.

Reactions: Big time vol
He has yet to deny that Bailey is the intended target and with the hint he gave, I tend to believe Bailey is the player in question. Was a key reserve for Oregon last year, a top 100 player, and a quality addition.

He has yet to deny that Bailey is the intended target and with the hint he gave, I tend to believe Bailey is the player in question. Was a key reserve for Oregon last year, a top 100 player, and a quality addition.
And not wanting it public is most likely out of respect for Bone. Will May 29 ever get here?

I mostly agree, but with just one caveat. If we say he is what he is, then is that the player that looked like the best freshman of the bunch vs UNC and Oregon before his injury, or is it the seemingly more timid version we have seen since? If we could harness the aggressive version we saw three years ago as a young freshman on a more consistent basis, he may present more upside than any of us realize.
But at this juncture in his career should we have to push him to be assertive, especially when considering circumstance? We can change subtle things in hopes of improving intangibles but offensively the likelihood of him becoming a consistent jump shooter is unlikely. He can mimic many of the things Kyle provided last year but he will never be a true rim protector like Kyle. Yes, he did block some shots last year but not in the sense that it makes guys think twice about going to the cup.

Bailey sounds a little like Daniel/Darrington minus the immediate eligibility. If he gets one of our 2 remaining 2020-21 spots I hope he makes a bigger contribution than the Double Ds did combined.

Reactions: FTCvol

VN Store

Back