2019 Season -- Bold Predictions

Jones was such a fraud. Obviously, the crumpling in a heap and weeping after the UGA Hail Mary demonstrates that. Also, recall in 2013 after Palardy hit the game-winning FG to beat SCar.....while everybody else was jumping around and celebrating, that idiot was on a knee doing his best General Neyland impression, flattop and all. I remember thinking, what was that guy doing....it was literally the same pose as General Neyland’s statue outside of the stadium....in retrospect it’s clear to me he was trying to have fans equate him to the General. Everything was all show and no substance with that fraud.
View attachment 206519
A lot of people ate it up at the time though. Those orange colored glasses are powerful.

Exactly per international treaties and such, bourbon can only be manufactured in the state of Kentucky, tequila can only be manufactured in Mexico. You can use the exact same ingredients, make the exact same product elsewhere, you just cannot market it as bourbon or tequila respectively unless manufactured in those two locations.
Bourbon can be made outside of KY. Most of it is made there but there is not a law that requires all bourbon come from KY.

Just a friendly reminder that UF scored 30 or more in 8 of 12 games last year (one was canceled which would have made it 9 of 13). We scored 30 or more in 2 of 12.
The most points UF allowed all season was 38 in one game.
We allowed 6 teams to score at least 38 against us.

My point is we are no where close to them in talent, ability, depth, desire, luck, culture, scheme, or coaching. Plus we’re on the road.
Florida is an automatic, iron clad, lead pipe lock LOSS every year, no matter what happened last year. Every Vol fan should know this by now.

However, even after they beat the dog ish out of us again this year, which will be the 28th time in the last 34 times we’ve played them and 14 of the last 15, there will still be people casually predicting a win vs the Gators in 2020.

A lot of people ate it up at the time though. Those orange colored glasses are powerful.
You ain’t kidding. Had me until the Florida game in year 3, so, 2.5 years I was still dug in. However, there were still people defending him to the death right in the middle of the 4-8 season in 2017....and after. Bizarre.

Reactions: 08Vol
Didn't notice this, but fits his M.O.
I was, obviously, 100% in his camp at the time in year one. But even then I remember thinking, awfully ironic that he’s doing literally the same iconic stance (on one knee) that Neyland did and is doing as a statue. Didn’t really care at the time cause I was wearing them goggles and was drunk on the koolaid. But obviously, in retrospect, that was him doing and worrying all the useless, fluff marketing stuff rather than the things that were gonna legitimately build the program. Like I said, what a fraud.

Just a friendly reminder that UF scored 30 or more in 8 of 12 games last year (one was canceled which would have made it 9 of 13). We scored 30 or more in 2 of 12.
The most points UF allowed all season was 38 in one game.
We allowed 6 teams to score at least 38 against us.

My point is we are no where close to them in talent, ability, depth, desire, luck, culture, scheme, or coaching. Plus we’re on the road.

I was at the Florida-Michigan game last year, and to me, they looked like they improved a ton as the season went on. I think the gap between us and FL/UGA is growing, not shrinking. Pruitt deserves a couple more years to get it turned around, but he may not have it. We need to be significantly better this year to just not get embarrassed.

Reactions: 08Vol
I was, obviously, 100% in his camp at the time in year one. But even then I remember thinking, awfully ironic that he’s doing literally the same iconic stance (on one knee) that Neyland did and is doing as a statue. Didn’t really care at the time cause I was wearing them goggles and was drunk on the koolaid. But obviously, in retrospect, that was him doing and worrying all the useless, fluff marketing stuff rather than the things that were gonna legitimately build the program. Like I said, what a fraud.

The fact it took so many, sooooo long, to see what an effing buffoon he was still amazes me.

Florida is an automatic, iron clad, lead pipe lock LOSS every year, no matter what happened last year.

, which will be the 28th time in the last 34 times we’ve played them and 14 of the last 15, there will still be people casually predicting a win vs the Gators in 2020.

KB's Meff Maff.

Florida is an automatic, iron clad, lead pipe lock LOSS every year, no matter what happened last year. Every Vol fan should know this by now.

However, even after they beat the dog ish out of us again this year, which will be the 28th time in the last 34 times we’ve played them and 14 of the last 15, there will still be people casually predicting a win vs the Gators in 2020.
We are gonna win this year KB. Just saying.

Reactions: dan4vols
I was at the Florida-Michigan game last year, and to me, they looked like they improved a ton as the season went on. I think the gap between us and FL/UGA is growing, not shrinking. Pruitt deserves a couple more years to get it turned around, but he may not have it. We need to be significantly better this year to just not get embarrassed.

Mullen is one of 5 best coaches in the SEC. We have to hope UF’s off the field issues are bad enough that it derails the team and he is forced out. Problem is Meyer had a TON of off the field issues and it didn’t affect his winning or recruiting down there.

Reactions: volgrad500
I'm really hoping we go 4 for 4 in November. Not an unrealistic hope, either, I dont think. I'm not even sure I'd call it bold...though the last two years make it seem so.
Oh I wanna go 4 for 4 also,but I think they will drop 1 game out of them. It will be a sign of improvement if we can finish the season winning more than we lose.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Okay, here goes. Remember: these are out on the edge of realistic. Some are further out than others.

1. Tennessee will not be the most improved team in the SEC. Judging purely by improvement in #wins, that distinction will go to Arkansas, which will get a +4 regular season result from its 2-10 finish in 2018. The Vols will go +3 (to 8-4 regular season record), one shy of the Hogs.

2. Pruitt will not be SEC Coach of the Year, in spite of a 9-4 finish (including a nice win over Michigan State in the Citrus Bowl). Folks will say a lot of nice things about CJP, but the CoY honors will go to Nick Saban--as they should every year that he continues to dominate the college football landscape. We can hate the red pachyderms all we like, still need to acknowledge that dude is a once-a-generation coach. (okay, this is not a bold prediction until you consider how the media love crowning the "plucky challenger" rather than the boringly-repetitive best guy...what's bold here is that they'll actually recognize Saban as they should've been doing every year for the past decade).

3. Guarantano will not be the highest-rated QB in the SEC. He will be second best. But he will go first among SEC QBs in the draft a few months later, so there's some vindication. In case this point wasn't clear enough: yes, I'm saying JG comes on blue blazes in 2019. Which also implies...

4. Impressive improvement in Tennessee's offensive line play. Somehow things just seem to have 'clicked' for the starting 5+2, and they perform from the very first week like a well-oiled machine. This, more than anything else, brings the Big Orange fan base back from the cliff we've been toeing for the better part of a decade.

5. Florida will challenge Georgia for the East two-thirds of the way through the season, then melt down in dramatic fashion with a 1-3 record in November. The McElwain-like grumbles will start, both among the Gator fan base and the media. The "he never really fit in here" whispers will start. It will be eerie how similar things feel to two years ago.

6. IknoxvolsI will finally admit he's a Florida troll pretending to be a Vol fan, something we've all known for years. Freak will force him to change his name to IwishIcouldbeavolI. He'll stop posting on these boards in protest.

7. Butchna and SJT will hug, KB will become the most optimistic VolNation.com member, Charger will admit he's a smokin-hot 30-year old ex Victoria Secret model pretending to be a dude, and Behr will propose marriage, sight-unseen.

That's probably enough. They're getting weirder as I go along.

Go Vols!
Well, I'd say that is a good idea, on his part, because Harrison Bailey is coming in 2020, and he already looks like a Pro QB. He will be the starter from day 1, of his arrival. JG or No JG.

Well, I'd say that is a good idea, on his part, because Harrison Bailey is coming in 2020, and he already looks like a Pro QB. He will be the starter from day 1, of his arrival. JG or No JG.
You’re saying Bailey is the starter first day he steps on campus? No. Matter of fact, he won’t start the first game of the year and, unless there are injuries and something has gone horribly wrong, he won’t start a single game as a true freshman. book it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbear01 and FBtime
What makes you so sure of that? If ranking is the only thing you can personally see that makes him better than the other 3 then let me assure you 247 gets it wrong quite a bit

I guess TN isn't going to improve whatsoever...gosh forbid that can't ever happen right?

VN Store

Back