Super Regional vs Florida

Lol. I didn’t like the call, but the Weekly’s are UT softball. I know softball has only recently gotten popular, but they put UT on the map. Their strength is recruiting, and we will always field very competitive teams as long as they coach.
I do not agree but it was poorly timed if she is coming forward as the throw was going back to hopper it may have worked. Balls if it works and not too smart if it does not but they are the coaches and I think your team do see it as trying to win however BUT it also matters a bunch of who is up and I think myself if coaching it was not the right time especially when the last pitch almost went to the backstop and 3-0 count. Hopper was done

Reactions: OrangenSC
Nobody is happier for that win than Karen Weekly. Sure, she’s still going to be criticized for that awful steal attempt, but if they’d actually gone on to lose that would have been a playbthat woukd have stuck inthe craws ofevery current and former Lady Vol and their familiesfor the rest oftheir lives. KW caught a break there!

It wasn’t just a rally killer. They basically just came out and told their team “We don’t think you can win.” They were in a dead heat, the players proved they could hang but the coaches didn’t believe in them.

The coaches thought they had to pull some sandlot, bush league steal to win and the players see the sheer buffoonery and panic in it. It’s no wonder they play so tight because they know their coaches are stupid, that they panic at the drop of a hat, they don’t believe in their players and they demonstrate it all the time.

I’ve watched them do it for years giving the quick hook to those pitchers and mismanaging time after time. They jerked Matty and Caylan around so bad last year it’s a wonder they have any confidence at all.

Those players not only had to beat the Gators tonight but they had to overcome their own coaches incompetence as well.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I would just like to point out that if you looked at the dugout after the steal attempt at home you would see Ally Shipman and Gracie Osbron lifting their arms up and it looked like they were saying "Why not try to win it" so that tells me the whole team (coaches and players) were behind that call. Now while I do disagree with the decision and I was upset when it happened...I do applaud the balls to try something out of the box to get the win, Tim Walton has tried his fair share of ideas on the flip side and they've worked and not worked. So instead of having a field day bashing the coaching let's note how that could have been deflating, but because everybody on the team was behind the call they came back the next inning and found the way to win. I'm not letting that one questionable decision overshadow a masterful performance by Caylan Arnold, or the steals earlier in the game on throws to the pitcher, or putting Pacini in a great spot to drive in a run. Maybe we're not coached by husband and wife tyrants who destroy the confidence of their players?

I would just like to point out that if you looked at the dugout after the steal attempt at home you would see Ally Shipman and Gracie Osbron lifting their arms up and it looked like they were saying "Why not try to win it" so that tells me the whole team (coaches and players) were behind that call. Now while I do disagree with the decision and I was upset when it happened...I do applaud the balls to try something out of the box to get the win, Tim Walton has tried his fair share of ideas on the flip side and they've worked and not worked. So instead of having a field day bashing the coaching let's note how that could have been deflating, but because everybody on the team was behind the call they came back the next inning and found the way to win. I'm not letting that one questionable decision overshadow a masterful performance by Caylan Arnold, or the steals earlier in the game on throws to the pitcher, or putting Pacini in a great spot to drive in a run. Maybe we're not coached by husband and wife tyrants who destroy the confidence of their players?

Good post. I didn’t like the call either but also noticed how upbeat the players were afterward. They were smiling as opposed to being down.

It wasn’t just a rally killer. They basically just came out and told their team “We don’t think you can win.” They were in a dead heat, the players proved they could hang but the coaches didn’t believe in them.

The coaches thought they had to pull some sandlot, bush league steal to win and the players see the sheer buffoonery and panic in it. It’s no wonder they play so tight because they know their coaches are stupid, that they panic at the drop of a hat, they don’t believe in their players and they demonstrate it all the time.

I’ve watched them do it for years giving the quick hook to those pitchers and mismanaging time after time. They jerked Matty and Caylan around so bad last year it’s a wonder they have any confidence at all.

Those players not only had to beat the Gators tonight but they had to overcome their own coaches incompetence as well.

Ouch. Can’t disagree, though.

I’m glad the team believed in themselves enough to pull out the win.

Texas softball pitcher ‘doing well’ after ball hits her in face: reports

Video of the play inside the article....They say she's doing well after being hit in the face w/the ball....
Add insult to injury.....Umpire called the play a foul ball & making the throw unnecessary.
Hi WTOB, Yes, I saw this, (and you posted the website, congrats). Was so caught up in the game couldn’t talk about it. Saw the video, ouch, but couldn’t really tell where it hit her. How about our Lady Vols tonight, huge win at Florida, our team was fantastic! 😀

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I tuned in late and my phone died in the top of the 9th! What a gutsy performance by Caylan. Love it! Can anyone say what made the coaches give her the nod? I’m so glad they kept her in instead of snatching her!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I tuned in late and my phone died in the top of the 9th! What a gutsy performance by Caylan. Love it! Can anyone say what made the coaches give her the nod? I’m so glad they kept her in instead of snatching her!

Caylan probably told coach Karen that "this is my time & my game". And coach Karen says "go get'em girl".

Karen said it was because of her competitiveness. The game is a classic, a nail biter for 4 hours, and the best pitcher and team won! GO LADY VOLS!!!

Hi WTOB, Yes, I saw this, (and you posted the website, congrats). Was so caught up in the game couldn’t talk about it. Saw the video, ouch, but couldn’t really tell where it hit her. How about our Lady Vols tonight, huge win at Florida, our team was fantastic! 😀

Yeah, I'm getting good on posting articles w/links now. It's like riding a bike once you learn how.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Made this little GIF. Please tell me you get it.....

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back