Super Regional vs Florida

Last edited:
Unless this team could have maintained their level of play back in March/April their ceiling was never better than a regional champ. Hitting has dropped off too much since then. They hammered Barnhill back in April but can't touch her now. Would not be surprised to see her pitch again today if FL wants to gets this closed out in 2 so everyone can rest a week. As some other posters have said, we have good players with potential to be great but always have a some critical pieces missing to get back to elite level. We can hope they can somehow pull out a win today and then in a winner take all one game anything can happen.

jmo 1st one no, 2nd one crow hop, 3rd one no -- those extra long spikes help alot -- doesnt really matter though, this group of LVs cannot hit worth a darn
They rarely ever shown her normal pitching from the side angle. These are not that bad but the real Barnhill's leap is at least 6 to 10 inches at least off the ground and the screwball is comical how bad that is as she jumps sideways. They showed one quick shot last night she was way off the ground. They just are not going to call it in Gainsville (seemingly nothing is going to be called there with this crew). Last night I believe they said the LSU pitcher was called for 8 illegal pitches in their game, and not one on Barnhill and then they have the audacity to call one on Matty! That really made me mad ok if you are not going to call it fine but don't dare call another pitcher for it in the same game!!!! (Side note: my wife who has watched plenty of softball during my daughter's playing days but rarely focused enough to know who was batting or if the play was good for them or us comes into the room last night asks how it is going and I say not so good the cheater is pitching and she barely gets out how is she . . . oh she is leaping.) Trust me if my wife can see it it is just willful that they have made a decision not to call it. (Wife is very smart sports just don't interest her that much)

If we get to face her again hopefully everybody will study the video and make little adjustments. We put way more balls in play yesterday than we did earlier in the year and the ground balls and fly outs were dead even at 7 each, so we didn't do the same wrong thing constantly. We took too many good strikes, which didn't always lead to a strikeout but often led to us swinging at a worse pitch later in the at bat that we couldn't square up. The right handed hitters turned on several pitches and ripped them foul. Barnhill likes to throw her screwball in on right handed batters - Osbron and Phillips maybe need to back off the plate a few inches so they can keep those balls fair. Against the left handers she also got a lot of her outs on the outside screw ball. Seggern especially couldn't pull the trigger on that pitch. Maybe the lefties need to get right on top of the plate and take the outside pitch away from her. Make her throw inside and be ready for it. Maybe get a couple hit batters that way. Try to make her get us out differently than she's used to. And if she's good enough to beat you anyway then tip your cap and get the popcorn ready to watch the WCWS on TV.

Reactions: WizardofOz
jmo 1st one no, 2nd one crow hop, 3rd one no -- those extra long spikes help alot -- doesnt really matter though, this group of LVs cannot hit worth a darn
They are all the same pitch, what concerns me are two things...1st, she replants pivot foot, 2nd her pivot foot is outside the pitching zone allow for a pitcher.

If we get to face her again hopefully everybody will study the video and make little adjustments. We put way more balls in play yesterday than we did earlier in the year and the ground balls and fly outs were dead even at 7 each, so we didn't do the same wrong thing constantly. We took too many good strikes, which didn't always lead to a strikeout but often led to us swinging at a worse pitch later in the at bat that we couldn't square up. The right handed hitters turned on several pitches and ripped them foul. Barnhill likes to throw her screwball in on right handed batters - Osbron and Phillips maybe need to back off the plate a few inches so they can keep those balls fair. Against the left handers she also got a lot of her outs on the outside screw ball. Seggern especially couldn't pull the trigger on that pitch. Maybe the lefties need to get right on top of the plate and take the outside pitch away from her. Make her throw inside and be ready for it. Maybe get a couple hit batters that way. Try to make her get us out differently than she's used to. And if she's good enough to beat you anyway then tip your cap and get the popcorn ready to watch the WCWS on TV.
Liked everything you said, and hope our Coaches notice this, too, but not tipping my hat, and not watching WCWS if we’re not in it. 🙂

Reactions: larjoranj
Guys, this next loss is on the Weekly's.....There is no way you stand there and just smile, as your opponent is sticking it to you, like a two dollar fancy girl in a New Orleans Brothel...

How in the world can a coaching staff take this bull stuff from their opponent.....I'd take my team off the field and take the loss that way, because we sure in the world are not going to beat the crow hopper, with the umpires having a mental erection for her....This is just insane.

The crow hopper breaks the rules on every pitch.....Over 100 times yesterday and nothing is called....Matty barely hopped once.....Penalty.....This is insane!

You are right on but what concerns me is we have seen her many times other than the freshman have to have tons of film on her and the only way to beat elite pitching (which I hate to admit she is) is that normally you will get one pitch every at bat to hit sometimes none but when it comes you have to attack it. You will not get multiple good pitches to hit and waiting on a walk just helps said pitcher more. Morgan (but many other hitters at bats last night) took two pitches at least that could have been sat on a tee middle of the plate. Karen has said basically what we have all been saying in her interviews so I doubt the scout is bad. What is bad is the passive mentality we take to the plate too often.

I thought Barnhill was more "hitable" yesterday. She didn't light up the JUGS gun. She threw a lot of pitches as well.
Two things I did notice. Her pivot foot ended up left, outside the pitcher's box. And I think her plant foot also ended up left compared to what I have seen before. I guess this would be a slight advantage on those outside pitches against left handed hitters, almost making her screwball "unhitable".

Reactions: kregman
They rarely ever shown her normal pitching from the side angle. These are not that bad but the real Barnhill's leap is at least 6 to 10 inches at least off the ground and the screwball is comical how bad that is as she jumps sideways. They showed one quick shot last night she was way off the ground. They just are not going to call it in Gainsville (seemingly nothing is going to be called there with this crew). Last night I believe they said the LSU pitcher was called for 8 illegal pitches in their game, and not one on Barnhill and then they have the audacity to call one on Matty! That really made me mad ok if you are not going to call it fine but don't dare call another pitcher for it in the same game!!!! (Side note: my wife who has watched plenty of softball during my daughter's playing days but rarely focused enough to know who was batting or if the play was good for them or us comes into the room last night asks how it is going and I say not so good the cheater is pitching and she barely gets out how is she . . . oh she is leaping.) Trust me if my wife can see it it is just willful that they have made a decision not to call it. (Wife is very smart sports just don't interest her that much)

What is a paragraph?

What is a paragraph?

ezgif-5-e688121094ba.gif

This series is a set up......A set up we can not win...There is no way the LVs can win this series...I'm 100% sure of this.

The powers that be, at ESPN, want the "crow hopper" against Oklahoma in the finals...It will be a great public draw, and highly rated...Advertising dollars will be at a premium...Money is the bottom line, not NCAA championships.

We may look at these games as "Dear ol' UT" against whomever, but the truth is it's bucks at work here...If this were a poker game, the deck is marked, and we can't read the markings, but Florida can...

The Weekly's must have been told to keep their mouth's shut about the crow hopper, hoping all over the pitching circle...That's the only logical reason I can think of....

We have no chance.....

I don't like being this logical, but Mr. Spock would agree with me too.

This series is a set up......A set up we can not win...There is no way the LVs can win this series...I'm 100% sure of this.

The powers that be, at ESPN, want the "crow hopper" against Oklahoma in the finals...It will be a great public draw, and highly rated...Advertising dollars will be at a premium...Money is the bottom line, not NCAA championships.

We may look at these games as "Dear ol' UT" against whomever, but the truth is it's bucks at work here...If this were a poker game, the deck is marked, and we can't read the markings, but Florida can...

The Weekly's must have been told to keep their mouth's shut about the crow hopper, hoping all over the pitching circle...That's the only logical reason I can think of....

We have no chance.....

Such talk displays ignorance and arrogance at a high level. Wonder how many schools said the same about Pat Summit and the great LV teams? Was Coach Summit part of a grand conspiracy or were here teams just that damn good? Quit being babies when it comes to our teams not making it to this and that. That seems to be, imho, some of the issues when it comes to the decline of UT sports across the whole.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
sure, but I know you noticed she never left the dugout the whole series (well, except for celebrations) ;)
I didn't say she helped a lot, but she looks good on tv! :) Seriously though she wasn't going to make it here. We couldn't help her maybe they can in the long run. I wish her the best unless they play us someday.

We have no chance.....

They aren't going to call it. What don't you get about that? The team needs to concentrate on things they can control - and they can't control how the ump interprets the rule. Who do you want to coach the team? Because you can't complain about illegal pitches constantly. It's a judgement, just like balls and strikes. You bring it up once to make your point. You keep bringing it up and you are telling the ump you think he is a dumba$$ and you'll end up watching the rest of the game from the parking lot.

And she's not unbeatable whether she leaps, hops or shoots fire out her butt. She's lost 11 times this year. Instead of the constant belly aching why don't we go out and hang loss # 12 and 13 on her? JMO

VN Store

Back