Geno: Lady Vols are 'any other school now'

It will be a big game
Cant get past that

It will also be a good barometer for both coaches entering a season with new athletes that will have to carry early and extended loads.
But we got Jordan and two trees coming in and I feel good about this aspect

Real good.

Somehow I don't think this game will be a barometer on Geno.

Lol. I mean did he lie though? Opponents do not fear the LVs...even mid major ones. Holly and the past few teams have let folks just stroll into Thompson Boling all willy nilly and snag wins like they live there. Teams that had NO BUSINESS beating us. I’m just saying...

Truth hurts. But the good news is, there’s nowhere to go but up...hopefully. Lol.

There are UT fans who are now Ucon and Geno fans because the divine Miss Westbrook now plays for Ucon.

Those poor souls will be cheering on Ucon and the divine Miss Westbrook when they play UT.

Reactions: Only1COJ
Lol. I mean did he lie though? Opponents do not fear the LVs...even mid major ones. Holly and the past few teams have let folks just stroll into Thompson Boling all willy nilly and snag wins like they live there. Teams that had NO BUSINESS beating us. I’m just saying...

Truth hurts. But the good news is, there’s nowhere to go but up...hopefully. Lol.

He didn't lie but why the attention now? He should've said something when Holly was here, but he didn't, now he wana say something after he realize we got a good coach. Geno, keep the drama & attention up okkk, it will favor us well.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
"orangefloyd, post:] (under many restrictions on the coach, ie had to be female, a past LV)

And this is why it's hard to take Fulmer seriously as an AD. Clearly he came into the hiring process with the (correct) mindset of hiring the best coach possible, and clearly he was neutered along the way and told he had to hire someone "in the family." This is why the program is stuck where it is...

And this is why it's hard to take Fulmer seriously as an AD. Clearly he came into the hiring process with the (correct) mindset of hiring the best coach possible, and clearly he was neutered along the way and told he had to hire someone "in the family." This is why the program is stuck where it is...
So you're not even giving KJH a chance?

Can you give it a rest? We get that you don’t like the hire. That’s fine, just quit wearing us out about it.

It’s time to move on - Kellie is our coach and will be for quite some time.

Geno is the villian in this game that he plays. Tennessee needs to get back to being TENNESSEE! And Geno's going to help us. We're just another team he says?
Okay. Time for your close up Lady Vols! Do Not Miss Out on the Opportunity.

Geno is the villian in this game that he plays. Tennessee needs to get back to being TENNESSEE! And Geno's going to help us. We're just another team he says?
Okay. Time for your close up Lady Vols! Do Not Miss Out on the Opportunity.

True!

If the posters on the Boneyard and other CT fan sites are representative of CT Husky WBB fans, then Auriemma isn't wrong. Their most heated rivalry is with ND.
For them, other significant rivals include Stanford, Baylor, Louisville, and maybe Maryland. They take Miss. State seriously, as well as Oregon and a couple of others. A decade ago, we were, emphasis on past tense, their primary rival. Today we are just another decent OOC game with a faint aura of history.

THIS! I know many think some of us are always negative. I just think some of us are realistic. The problems in society right now, especially in this country, are built on fantasy.

A team that has multiple losses to UTC and Alabama over the last 8 years tends to lose the luster as a worthy adversary. They want to beat us but it's more smug now like it would be some embarrassment to lose to a somewhat down program than the fear of a Candace Parker dunk in their gym. Only time can repair that or not.

Reactions: mcannon1
That is actually a comparable example to the Lady Vols... Ben Howland showed that UCLA is never more than a few seasons away from #1 recruiting classes (Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, etc) and multiple Final Fours with the right hire - just like the Lady Vols. They are relevant in men's basketball - we very nearly lost our coach to them last month. We will see if Harper is the right hire...

Because Rick Barnes is old school and remembers when they were elite. He liked the idea of being the guy to bring them back to glory. Oh and also because he could use them to get a raise. And Howland was over a decade ago.

Otherwise they are only relevant in the same sense that the Lady Vols are, living on their past.

Reactions: BreatheUT
It’s time to move on - Kellie is our coach and will be for quite some time.

It's the offseason, move on to what? Our best player leaving and going to our most hated rival? All the high level transfers saying thanks but no thanks to Tennessee? Elite recruits not lining up to come play for Kellie?

You can keep pretending Fulmer is an amazing AD and Harper is a homerun hire if you want, but denying the current reality won't change it...

ostrich-head.jpg

I really look forward to getting back to talking basketball and not having so much flippant smack thrown the way of UConn's coach, intermingled with just ignorant talk about UConn getting in anyone's rear view mirror. ND?? You know how many starters they have back this fall - zero. Stanford is going nowhere in the pack - relevant and threatening because they too have a great coach. Baylor will be tough for everyone. I suspect UConn will be in their 13th straight final 4 next spring and destroy everyone in 2021. Honestly, some of you act like kids scared of the dark whistling as you walk by the graveyard.

I got my eyes wide open and looking to the future. I don't know if CKJH is what we needed but she is what we got so I will stand behind the LV program and see what they can do the next few years. I expect no less than their best, coaches included. As long as I see that hustle,fire and determination on the court. I will be good. EW was not the best player on the team IMO. She has great potential but honestly I don't care what she is anymore, no hard feelings but don't care.

I really look forward to getting back to talking basketball and not having so much flippant smack thrown the way of UConn's coach, intermingled with just ignorant talk about UConn getting in anyone's rear view mirror. ND?? You know how many starters they have back this fall - zero. Stanford is going nowhere in the pack - relevant and threatening because they too have a great coach. Baylor will be tough for everyone. I suspect UConn will be in their 13th straight final 4 next spring and destroy everyone in 2021. Honestly, some of you act like kids scared of the dark whistling as you walk by the graveyard.
I think Geno was the one running his mouth any smack he gets he deserves. This isn't just any other message board
Back to the boneyard.

Can’t read this silly article, and glad of it. If TN were just any other school, he wouldn’t be mentioning it. Win or lose, play them or not, we’re legacy, total wins, (we’re 1st, then Tara, then Geno), and total Championships rivals. The Tennessee Lady Vols name is still one of the biggest names in women’s college basketball, even though some of you may not think so. We even have Uconn trolls here on VN. Think they troll all the teams? Doubt it. We’re rivals!

Rivals actually beat the other team occasionally

VN Store

Back