The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

The "freak" is to the reality of the statement, "what else is he going to say".

tenor.gif

Still dodging your BS statement I see. I asked for a quote of where I said ANYTHING bad about JG or any other Vol. Comprehension is you problem, not mine. (Giving your opinion on my posts is not "answered". The comprehension, that the ONLY one I am ragging on is the paid coach that is self promoting his student, is on you big guy.

It’s been explained to you. This paid coach guy stated that JG has improved SINCE he personally worked with him. He’s using a weird self-promotion of tipping his hat to Weinke and Chaney. You’re arguing against your lack of understanding...bettin on you. 😉

It’s been explained to you. This paid coach guy stated that JG has improved SINCE he personally worked with him. He’s using a weird self-promotion of tipping his hat to Weinke and Chaney. You’re arguing against your lack of understanding...bettin on you. 😉

Correct........."since" HE worked with him......AND that he will work with him again. (the statement that 85 is dodging is that I said I want JG to fail. The coach self-promoting can be taken either way. I take it as it is though.) :cool:

Correct........."since" HE worked with him......AND that he will work with him again. (the statement that 85 is dodging is that I said I want JG to fail. The coach self-promoting can be taken either way. I take it as it is though.) :cool:
Clear as mud.......Comanche chief! “Where” you hidin the HOOCH? 🥴

Sometimes I have too much fun with certain members of this site. :Do_O

Reactions: butchna
Yet, ALL of those fantasy things you posted would HURT his income as a PAID coach. Not saying anything is the LAST thing he would EVER do when he has the opportunity to self-promote his coaching abilities.
We all hope that JG is improved, but this is off-season hype of a coach by said coach.

I doubt QBs pick off season coaches based on little blurbs in internet articles or colorful brochures or reviews on Amazon. I'm guessing they go more by actual results from previous clients and recommendations from people they trust, like their college coaches?

Last edited:
I doubt QB's pick off season coaches based on little blurbs in internet articles or colorful brochures or reviews on Amazon. I'm guessing they go more by actual results from previous clients and recommendations from people they trust, like their college coaches?

AAAND, just where do their college coaches get their information? No way they read 24/7 huh?

Reactions: 08Vol
I think it is pretty necessary actually, considering last year's OL play.
If JG had the ability to hit hot routes and read D's then get the ball out on time... then the OL wouldn't have looked as bad. They had plenty of issues of their own. But it seems that many always qualify JG's issues with the idea that he would have been just fine if the OL didn't suck. They didn't suck all the time. Some of that was him.

I think JG could improve by a lot with some good coaching BUT I dont know for sure if he can put it all together on game day. But I do know for a fact that it is hard for him to develop and show the potential he was rated at when he has 1.5 secs before getting clocked.
One, that's an exaggeration. He did not get 1.5 seconds or less on every play. Two, all successful QB's have to learn to see when they're going to get quick pressure and adjust. He had not as of the end of last season.

Now, good coaching is also likely to help the OLine and I have hope for them too but I think they have the greater burden to show improvement IMO. Chaney is also likely to have plays that take all this into consideration too so that may help. Lets face it, the Oline has to improve a lot.
I agree they need to improve a lot. Much of it is physical development and unfortunately the possibility that some simply aren't physically talented enough. But it doesn't help when they have a QB who doesn't move in the pocket very well to set their blocks up and who consistently takes too long to make decisions.

We both seem to see issues with both. I'd put it closer to 50/50.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back