'20 TN OL Cooper Mays (UT SIGNEE)

Cooper has a chance to be a great Center. Reminds me of Ryan Khalil. Not sure he ever becomes that good but similar strengths.

Beat UGA and we start winning these battles. I don't care how talented they are.. it can be done. It's really that simple.

I've watched all of the spring games of all of our SEC opponents next year except Mississippi State. This is how I see it:

Tier 1

Alabama and Georgia (they are virtually indistinguishable now talent wise), the last two seasons I thought Bama still had a slight edge.

Tier 2

Florida (clearly not as talented as UGA or Bama, but clearly ahead of everyone else)

Tier 3

South Carolina, and Tennessee (if we could somehow patch together a functional offensive line, and if our new DL can jell by the time we play the Gamecocks, I think we've got a legit shot to beat them)

Tier 4

Kentucky, Vandy, and Missouri (all these teams looked primed to take a step back to me, of course, if we could beat all these teams it would be a drastic improvement and a bowl game is virtually assured, that's progress I'll take all day long at this point, 8-4 would certainly not be out of the question, but it'd be the miracle of miracles to beat Bama or Georgia, anything can happen in sports but our hope of winning is based on not much more than that [insert "so you're saying there's a chance gif"].

Reactions: Catbone
I've watched all of the spring games of all of our SEC opponents next year except Mississippi State. This is how I see it:

Tier 1

Alabama and Georgia (they are virtually indistinguishable now talent wise), the last two seasons I thought Bama still had a slight edge.

Tier 2

Florida (clearly not as talented as UGA or Bama, but clearly ahead of everyone else)

Tier 3

South Carolina, and Tennessee (if we could somehow patch together a functional offensive line, and if our new DL can jell by the time we play the Gamecocks, I think we've got a legit shot to beat them)

Tier 4

Kentucky, Vandy, and Missouri (all these teams looked primed to take a step back to me, of course, if we could beat all these teams it would be a drastic improvement and a bowl game is virtually assured, that's progress I'll take all day long at this point, 8-4 would certainly not be out of the question, but it'd be the miracle of miracles to beat Bama or Georgia, anything can happen in sports but our hope of winning is based on not much more than that [insert "so you're saying there's a chance gif"].
I think we can beat FL and MS State this year plus KY, Vandy and MO. Plus SC....that is 6-2 in conference.
And we sweep the OOC games.

Well... That seems about as honest as you could hope for.

And I seriously doubt he's the only one that wants to "see it on the field". Found it interesting that he said the but about "seeing if they can stick to thirty l their word" regarding the improvement this year.

Sounds to like the staff is having some pretty candid conversations...

This season is important.

No truer words have been spoken.

I get it... what he is looking for... I understand truly. However, don’t say your looking for a home feel or the right feel whenever you live in Knoxville. You know what the Vols look like... the staff has been nothing but honest and upfront with you, so I don’t think it’s too much to ask to show the same to the staff when talking about the UT.. call it what it is.. you need to see them win.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I get it... what he is looking for... I understand truly. However, don’t say your looking for a home feel or the right feel whenever you live in Knoxville. You know what the Vols look like... the staff has been nothing but honest and upfront with you, so I don’t think it’s too much to ask to show the same to the staff when talking about the UT.. call it what it is.. you need to see them win.
Agree. But get thru the filler and that's what it boils down to.

Plus not sure what the actual question was... So his answer is probably framed based on that...

Reactions: DefenseWins
The question was what is it going to take for a school like Tennessee or a school that you are familiar with to get you to commit to them? I do not feel like there was any knock at the staff there. Sure winning is a part and would certainly be a big part of that. Especially for him considering that he comes from a winning high school program. There are a lot of different things that can make it feel like home.

The question was what is it going to take for a school like Tennessee or a school that you are familiar with to get you to commit to them? I do not feel like there was any knock at the staff there. Sure winning is a part and would certainly be a big part of that. Especially for him considering that he comes from a winning high school program. There are a lot of different things that can make it feel like home.
Yeah. It just stuck out to me when he said the "stick to their word" part...I didn't take it as a knock.

It tells me the staff is doing what it can to give themselves as much opportunity as possible to build trust... And to do that I'd imagine they're being pretty candid about their expectations going forward...

Yeah. It just stuck out to me when he said the "stick to their word" part...I didn't take it as a knock.

It tells me the staff is doing what it can to give themselves as much opportunity as possible to build trust... And to do that if imagine they're being pretty candid about their expectations going forward...
No, I agreed with what you said. Was responding to the other! Sorry lol. Thought it quoted it. I’m not good at this!

err'body #1 if you come to UGA!!!
CBaWGCm.gif

I wasn’t trying to say he was intentionally trying to knock on the staff just that it seemed a little bit “much” about feeling like home and all the other stuff. I think the wording or the way I read it is the problem... I just wish he would say what everyone knows... he is dragging his heels on this... he knows where he wants to go. I don’t know lol I’m just frustrated with him and Baron... what they don’t realize is that if their heart is really here and that is who they will pick.. they are making it harder for the staff to recruit... if I’m not a vol fan and I look at the kids that are from Knoxville and they haven’t committed... in asking questions and questioning things..

I wasn’t trying to say he was intentionally trying to knock on the staff just that it seemed a little bit “much” about feeling like home and all the other stuff. I think the wording or the way I read it is the problem... I just wish he would say what everyone knows... he is dragging his heels on this... he knows where he wants to go. I don’t know lol I’m just frustrated with him and Baron... what they don’t realize is that if their heart is really here and that is who they will pick.. they are making it harder for the staff to recruit... if I’m not a vol fan and I look at the kids that are from Knoxville and they haven’t committed... in asking questions and questioning things..
I get where you’re coming from now after reading that. That makes perfect sense and is very logical. I agree with that. I feel that on the field is a big hindrance right now but if one of those guys were to lead the way things would change quick

I get where you’re coming from now after reading that. That makes perfect sense and is very logical. I agree with that. I feel that on the field is a big hindrance right now but if one of those guys were to lead the way things would change quick
Exactly!

I think UGA tells any recruit what they want to hear to get them to commit. They are like used car salesman. Good used car salesman, but still cringey. Especially Lord Bowl Cut and Pittman.
But it seems to work. Not just with Pittman but with with other schools/coaches as well. It's surprising to me how gullible these kids are. There are a few that see through it but many don't.

But it seems to work. Not just with Pittman but with with other schools/coaches as well. It's surprising to me how gullible these kids are. There are a few that see through it but many don't.
How many hot girls tell guys BS and they fall for it hook line and sinker? An average but cool chick throws the same BS out and they’re out. Right now we’re the chick with braces, and acne.

How many hot girls tell guys BS and they fall for it hook line and sinker? An average but cool chick throws the same BS out and they’re out. Right now we’re the chick with braces, and acne.
Meh. Usually with women you're think with a different part of your body.

VN Store

Back