3 pt. shooter Kitija Laska in transfer portal

Three point shooter we need would give us a tremendous boost as good as Watts hit 38.2 percent in 2017-2018 season on 330 attempts. Injured last season I expect the wolves are at her door that would include Miss St, SC Notre Dame, Uconn and several others.

Reactions: dtnvol and mcannon1
Three point shooter we need would give us a tremendous boost as good as Watts hit 38.2 percent in 2017-2018 season on 330 attempts. Injured last season I expect the wolves are at her door that would include Miss St, SC Notre Dame, Uconn and several others.
Have we extended an offer?

Have we extended an offer?

I don't see it happening because she's not going to transfer to a school where their best player is at her position. She'll go somewhere that she can start on day 1 and play major minutes. I'm sure she's looking to pull an Anriel and go somewhere that she can raise her WNBA profile and maybe win a NC. UConn can obviously use her, but I'd rather see her land at someplace like Baylor, Louisville, Maryland, etc...

We sure have been lacking in getting big talent transfers so far. I don’t know why, but we need some help on our roster.

Tennessee recruits very well and has had a McD AA at every position for the past few years. Most impact transfers don't want to go someplace where they will sit on the bench. I can see why someplace like MSST was attractive, but they are getting pretty stacked now. Same with SC. Once Kellie can prove herself on the court, then I think that will spark more interest from the best transfers.

Tennessee recruits very well and has had a McD AA at every position for the past few years. Most impact transfers don't want to go someplace where they will sit on the bench. I can see why someplace like MSST was attractive, but they are getting pretty stacked now. Same with SC. Once Kellie can prove herself on the court, then I think that will spark more interest from the best transfers.
Let’s be real. MSST and South Carolina have much better players than we do at the moment. It’s not close.

Let’s be real. MSST and South Carolina have much better players than we do at the moment. It’s not close.
They have better players because they had actual coaches. If Vic had coached Tennessee the last five years, they'd have multiple FFs and maybe a NC or two.

It wasn't the players, it was the lack of coaching.

They have better players because they had actual coaches. If Vic had coached Tennessee the last five years, they'd have multiple FFs and maybe a NC or two.

It wasn't the players, it was the lack of coaching.
I agree that we weren’t coached very well in the past. But i don’t think MSST, SC, Kentucky, or Texas A&M would trade rosters with us. Probably neither would Arkansas and Georgia as well.
Harper will be a great coach, but she has to get the roster as she sees fit.

Yes we have had a boat load of McD All Americans but who rarely played up to their potential. We have to face facts, the last few years we have been everything but a championship team. I don't think past grad transfers were in fear of our MCD AA's, they were more or less in fear of what McD AA's had become once they got to Tennessee.

I agree that we weren’t coached very well in the past. But i don’t think MSST, SC, Kentucky, or Texas A&M would trade rosters with us. Probably neither would Arkansas and Georgia as well.
Harper will be a great coach, but she has to get the roster as she sees fit.

Last year's Tennessee team (with Russell and Nared) was ridiculously talented. Much more than what MSST had. Line up what MSST had, and I think that if Vic Schaefer were to make a choice not swayed by emotion, he would take Tennessee in a heartbeat. Same with Dawn, A'ja Wilson be damned. That doesn't even speak to what either of these coaches could do with the players if they had them for all 4 years. Russell and Nared would have been completely different players by the time they graduated. Tennessee has always had some of the best players, but were completely mismanaged by an incompetent coaching staff. If they had decent coaching from their freshmen year on, there is no doubt in my mind that Tennessee would have dominated the first team All-SEC teams and had multiple All-Americans.

Has she graduated? Will she need a release to transfer within the AAC?
Graduated 2 May.Knowing Kit,she is going to go to a top 10 team.She's going to up the value & have an outstanding 5th yr! Rehabbed like nobody's business after her injury.Watched her play@USF all 4 yrs& was there the night she got injured-not surprised@her rehab-she is fearless-From a USF Women's hoops season ticket holder.

I don't see it happening because she's not going to transfer to a school where their best player is at her position. She'll go somewhere that she can start on day 1 and play major minutes. I'm sure she's looking to pull an Anriel and go somewhere that she can raise her WNBA profile and maybe win a NC. UConn can obviously use her, but I'd rather see her land at someplace like Baylor, Louisville, Maryland, etc...
I it's a PG or bust for Kim in this year's portal.

I it's a PG or bust for Kim in this year's portal.
You're saying you wouldn't mind sliding Richards over to PG and having a stone cold scorer at the wing who will get a lot of open looks because of all the offensive weapons on the court? I'd think that Baylor would welcome another 3-pt shooter to open the middle for Cox and Smith.

You're saying you wouldn't mind sliding Richards over to PG and having a stone cold scorer at the wing who will get a lot of open looks because of all the offensive weapons on the court? I'd think that Baylor would welcome another 3-pt shooter to open the middle for Cox and Smith.
I would love to have her but not at the expense of pissing Honesty Scott-Grayson off. DiDi will get her minutes at the 1,2 and 3 next season but Honesty represents the future of the backcourt. With the advent of the portal it's way too easy for athletes to transfer out when they aren't happy.

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back