'20 FL WR Thaiu Jones-Bell

30 all star staffs lost to UK with rogers.

And this isn't 1998. This is 2019 and Pruitt inherited a rebuild after multiple failed rebuilds before him. The kids we're recruiting were in preschool the last time UT was relevant.
Seems like we've been rebuilding for 10 years. We're all just frustrated.

Seems like we've been rebuilding for 10 years. We're all just frustrated.

Sure we are, some of us are just tired of hearing people complain about it incessantly. That changes nothing. Knowing where you are as a program and the date on the friggin calendar should be elementary.

But it's not truth.
I pointed out yesterday there's 91 teams with only 7 or less recruits right now. Many, many of them with better records and have lost battles for recruits.
You guys are trying relentlessly to sell the concept that we are in some kind of uncharted territory and distress.
There is ABSOLUTE proof that it's the opposite. Your refusal to admit as much, while pushing an unfounded narrative, is also absolute proof of an agenda.
What's my agenda? Man I'm just tired of losing, it's extremely frustrating.

Reactions: KBVol
There is literally nothing he could do outside a complete collapse to get fired after 20.
I agree. And only winning 5-6 in 19 and 6-7 in 20 will do that. Good thing is that aint happening. We're going to win 8 this fall and finish Top 10 in recruiting and this time next year you and I will be arguing about other things with the morons on this board.

Striking out where? This kid picked Bama. 5star kid from DC picked LSU. Those programs aren't in a massive rebuild for the 3rd time in just over a decade. Why would those kids pick UT right now? And Tee Martin has been on staff for 4 months. Recruiting is about relationships. Many of the kids he's recruiting now he wasn't recruiting at his last job that was 3k miles away.

Rogers? The 5 star OL/DL that picked UK yesterday? I guess if we say UT struck out so did OSU, Michigan, UGA and about 30 other programs better than UK. Obviously that situation has a handler and is far from over.

Who else did UT and Tee Martin "strike out on"?

I think you need to wake up and join reality. This is a rebuild on a rebuild on a rebuild and these kids want to see WINS. Win 7+ this fall and recruiting will be much better this time next year. Reality. No one is stricking out.
I remember the same things being said when Dooley was here and the same being said when Butch was here. In order to get better, a staff has to break the trend. The "we can't win because we didn't win" excuse is getting pretty tired. Can't win because we can't recruit and can't recruit because we can't win....same old story. As long as the fan base accepts mediocrity, that's exactly what we will get. Not saying Pruitt can't do that, but he doesn't get an eternity to prove that he can't.

And others are tired of hearing sunshine pumping incessantly. We want change.
All of us want to win, man. But we just hired a new coach 16months ago so it's going to be awhile before we know if he's going to bring us back to winning ways or we have to move on. Complaining about recruiting in May of Pruitt's 2nd year is a waste of time. He's not going anywhere for at least 2 more years even if he loses more than he wins. Save the whining until we see more on field results.

What's my agenda? Man I'm just tired of losing, it's extremely frustrating.
That we need to be freaking out, most likely caused by bvs.
I'm as tired of losing as you and much more likely to call out red flags with this staff but they have to be real.
Our number of recruits this early isn't uncommon at all. That's manufactured. If we are coming up short later in the cycle, I'll jump with you. But it's not late and we are in very common territory with most of the entire league.

Wait for some semblance of actual final results is all that's being asked.

That we need to be freaking out, most likely caused by bvs.
I'm as tired of losing as you and much more likely to call out red flags with this staff but they have to be real.
Our number of recruits this early isn't uncommon at all. That's manufactured. If we are coming up short later in the cycle, I'll jump with you. But it's not late and we are in very common territory with most of the entire league.

Wait for some semblance of actual final results is all that's being asked.
I can agree with you on this.

I remember the same things being said when Dooley was here and the same being said when Butch was here. In order to get better, a staff has to break the trend. The "we can't win because we didn't win" excuse is getting pretty tired. Can't win because we can't recruit and can't recruit because we can't win....same old story. As long as the fan base accepts mediocrity, that's exactly what we will get. Not saying Pruitt can't do that, but he doesn't get an eternity to prove that he can't.
You're 100% right, he doesn't get an eternity. But can we give him 2-3 seasons before we write him off? Currently he's 16months into the job.

But it's not truth.
I pointed out yesterday there's 91 teams with only 7 or less recruits right now.

We’re did 7 come from? We only have six. One of which is a 2 star long snapper.

You guys are trying relentlessly to sell the concept that we are in some kind of uncharted territory and distress.

I don’t know if I fall into the “you guys” category but I imagine I do.

Here’s the issues and my frustrations to date:

- Ton of in state kids the staff is all in for, and they all keep announcing delayed commitment dates and a desire to go take visits elsewhere.
- Elite talents like Jarrett and Rogers coming off visits leaving VQ and others telling us “we’re in a good spot” and AV posting celebritory icons, only to see them commit elsewhere.
- Tate Ratledge becomes another of a long list of blue chip “grew up UT fans” to commit elsewhere.
- Joel Williams, a kid the staff gives his first offer and pushes heavily for, basically trolls UT fan base before picking UF.
- Jones-Bell speaking glowingly of UT from the jump,CB’s roll in to UT, and he goes elsewhere.
- Jordan Davis tweets a top 6 that doesn’t even include the school he’s committed to.
- A middling three star opts to decommit.
- Ojulari supposedly close but then people say the longer it goes the worse for UT it is and whattayaknow.... he pushes back his decision date.
- Staff puts together a bunch of big recruiting weekend shenanigans like paint ball and O&W games and we all hope for a commit, but nothing.

We have no momentum right now. Every time it seems we’re close with someone, they go elsewhere or push a decision back. One of our best guys in the class is a waffling goober.

You guys can sunshine pump and claim “it doesn’t matter” all you want, but I guarantee you it matters to the staff. These guys live and breath recruiting and they’re doing everything they can to get guys to commit.

Is the program going to fold? No
Are we going to finish with a top 15 class? Hopefully.
Is it okay for fans who follow recruiting to recognize its piss and not rain right now? Yep.

Possibly. I think we were 7th in 2019 too, do you think that class is bad or are you disappointed by it?

Nope. But it’s gonna be hard to break through to the next level if we stay 7th best in the division year in and year out.

Staff is supposed to be elite recruiters. Everyone says that. Time to show it. 7th in the sec isn’t elite.

Nope. But it’s gonna be hard to break through to the next level if we stay 7th best in the division year in and year out.

Staff is supposed to be elite recruiters. Everyone says that. Time to show it. 7th in the sec isn’t elite.
Yes it is..7th in the sec is probably like 9th-11th in the country..that is good enough to be elite

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We’re did 7 come from? We only have six. One of which is a 2 star long snapper.

I don’t know if I fall into the “you guys” category but I imagine I do.

Here’s the issues and my frustrations to date:

- Ton of in state kids the staff is all in for, and they all keep announcing delayed commitment dates and a desire to go take visits elsewhere.
- Elite talents like Jarrett and Rogers coming off visits leaving VQ and others telling us “we’re in a good spot” and AV posting celebritory icons, only to see them commit elsewhere.
- Tate Ratledge becomes another of a long list of blue chip “grew up UT fans” to commit elsewhere.
- Joel Williams, a kid the staff gives his first offer and pushes heavily for, basically trolls UT fan base before picking UF.
- Jones-Bell speaking glowingly of UT from the jump,CB’s roll in to UT, and he goes elsewhere.
- Jordan Davis tweets a top 6 that doesn’t even include the school he’s committed to.
- A middling three star opts to decommit.
- Ojulari supposedly close but then people say the longer it goes the worse for UT it is and whattayaknow.... he pushes back his decision date.
- Staff puts together a bunch of big recruiting weekend shenanigans like paint ball and O&W games and we all hope for a commit, but nothing.

We have no momentum right now. Every time it seems we’re close with someone, they go elsewhere or push a decision back. One of our best guys in the class is a waffling goober.

You guys can sunshine pump and claim “it doesn’t matter” all you want, but I guarantee you it matters to the staff. These guys live and breath recruiting and they’re doing everything they can to get guys to commit.

Is the program going to fold? No
Are we going to finish with a top 15 class? Hopefully.
Is it okay for fans who follow recruiting to recognize its piss and not rain right now? Yep.
Where did I say we have 7??
I said there's 91 teams with 7 or below and we're in the middle of that? Seems self explanatory.
When Ebony was here, you acting any differently?

Everything else - focusing on any of that this early as a sign of how we finish, which is the entire point, is for those that seek consternation. Not my style.

Ending with guaranteeing me how the staff feels. You'll have to excuse me for automatically disqualifying that one.

As far as "piss", that's your perception. You actively looking for negativity, is my perception.

Sidenote: Excited that mine was in the few posts you read.. 😃😅

Reactions: tnvolsfan09

VN Store

Back