Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Dorie Harrison (6-3 SO center, Nashville, TN) is transferring from Kentucky to Gulf Coast State College (juco)
Dorie Harrison Will Not Return for 2019-20 Academic Year - University of Kentucky Athletics

Arkansas and Auburn as the only SEC WBB programs with no transfer so far

I'm very impressed Arkansas has had no transfers, from Neighbors' interviews it sounded like they had some big time personality clashes throughout the season but finally sorted things out at the last minute. Good for them! I won't be a bit surprised if they're a top 4 SEC team next season.

Harrison is a big loss for Kentucky IMO she was really going to give them the rebounder they need, I enjoyed watching her as a Freshman. Did anyone ever find out what exactly was wrong with her? Maybe after JUCO Kellie can get her to Knoxville, I was sad when we whiffed on her in the first place.

I'm very impressed Arkansas has had no transfers, from Neighbors' interviews it sounded like they had some big time personality clashes throughout the season but finally sorted things out at the last minute. Good for them! I won't be a bit surprised if they're a top 4 SEC team next season.

Harrison is a big loss for Kentucky IMO she was really going to give them the rebounder they need, I enjoyed watching her as a Freshman. Did anyone ever find out what exactly was wrong with her? Maybe after JUCO Kellie can get her to Knoxville, I was sad when we whiffed on her in the first place.

According to the poster with MTSU Raider in his handle, Tennessee would have been "settling" if they offered Dorie a scholarship.

The fact that she ended up going the JUCO route (after 2 years in college) makes me perplexed...unless she dropped out of school last year.

According to the poster with MTSU Raider in his handle, Tennessee would have been "settling" if they offered Dorie a scholarship.

The fact that she ended up going the JUCO route (after 2 years in college) makes me perplexed...unless she dropped out of school last year.

I’m guessing she had some academic problems due to her illness. Probably had to take some time off and needs to catch back up.

Reactions: Amb3096
2023 Samantha Wagner Commits to Baylor

She's a legacy... father played FB 88-91

Here's Sammie and Madison Cox (2022) at the 2017 Stanford game where both received their official offers. Lauren's baby sister is expected to commit soon.
DQNW1E0U8AYA5MQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
Me! Her sister will be a cheerleader at Mizzou this year. She is definitely a player. I hope Tennessee is in the mix.
The Texas board (hornfans) have high hopes of her signing with them. They are saying that she plays AAU ball for Sug Sutton's dad and that Jada and Sug are very close.

PS

If you are as lovely as your sister then you are one very lucky young lady. 👍

The Texas board (hornfans) have high hopes of her signing with them. They are saying that she plays AAU ball for Sug Sutton's dad and that Jada and Sug are very close.

PS

If you are as lovely as your sister then you are one very lucky young lady. 👍
Sug is my cousin and she does play for her dad. Texas probably has an advantage but idk how much longer Karen Aston will be the helm. She is Holly Jr...a lot of talent with little results.

Sug is my cousin and she does play for her dad. Texas probably has an advantage but idk how much longer Karen Aston will be the helm. She is Holly Jr...a lot of talent with little results.
Thanks for the info.

Texas does less with more than any program in the country (pick a sport...any sport). I hope Aston stays there for ever! If Karen couldn't learn to coach as an assistant to Sonja Hogg and Kim Mulkey then she will never learn.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I have always liked Minyons game. I always thought she was far better than her more publicized big sister. One reason she was under the radar, out of high school, was that she deferred to big sister and also was hindered by injuries. What I like about her is that she can be a type A personality on the court when it is needed yet does not need to dominate the ball, but rather will do what is needed for her team to win, This should work out well playing with Sabrina. They were on the same EYBL championship team along with Westbrook.

Oregon's weakness in the playoffs was their lack of depth, especially at the guard position,
This should be their strength next season. They have other players coming in to help, but Minyons experience and skill set will have a huge impact.

Oregon should start the season as the number one team they are loaded with returning and incoming talent after next season will keep them in the top five for years to come.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back