Tennessee Softball

My daily rant is why so many of our hitters let perfect strikes go by then swing at one over their head or on the ground. Some really poor at bats but lucky for two players Osbron saved them from taking a promising inning and making it in to nothing. The inning before the Umpire called two very low pitches strikes on Phillips I wouldn't have swung at those either. Finally I will never understand the concept of why were the visiting team in this game or any game where were hosting a regional. Rant done for today.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
My daily rant is why so many of our hitters let perfect strikes go by then swing at one over their head or on the ground. Some really poor at bats but lucky for two players Osbron saved them from taking a promising inning and making it in to nothing. The inning before the Umpire called two very low pitches strikes on Phillips I wouldn't have swung at those either. Finally I will never understand the concept of why were the visiting team in this game or any game where were hosting a regional. Rant done for today.
Glad you came by and this host stuff makes you lose the last at bat to keep it fair!!! LOL! We have looked mostly like shet all day. SOs a mammy!

By myself looks like 2 hrs in bottom of 1st for OSU. AR not sharp not sure why she starts but yall know ralph

Duh........Looks like that's because there was a NEW softball game thread for the Ohio State game.
I posted twice this morning in here to let people know about the new game thread.

Last edited:
I remember watching when Monica was playing. I was 10 or 12 maybe? She made me a UT fan. I have remained a fan because of the classy women who come to UT—Raven Chavanne, Lauren Gibson, Meghan Gregg, Aubrey. Anyway, I wasn’t nearly as big a fan as I am today. I guess I was preoccupied in various ways. I didn’t watch really watch until the WCWS came on. Now that I’m older and look back and realize what caliber player she really is, I wonder why we didn’t win a national championship with her. Can you shed some light or your opinion?

Our hitters choked, to put it nicely.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Yep on wrong thread but not surprising for me. After church!
Yeah starting a game in the south at 12 pm is stupid especially for attendance. I believe the early start times have hurt the crowds good but not great. See you all after church tomorrow hopefully we finish them the first game. A few have been a little gun shy swinging but for the most we have been hacking. Kinda reminds one of the start of the year. (I know Ut has no control over what ESPN/NCAA dictated)

Last edited:
Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
NC has two pitchers capable of shutting us down hopefully we get some more clutch hitting today. NC is usually a weak hitting team but you never know what will happen with some of out pitchers. Get game one and move on to Florida.

NC has two pitchers capable of shutting us down hopefully we get some more clutch hitting today. NC is usually a weak hitting team but you never know what will happen with some of out pitchers. Get game one and move on to Florida.

There's a NEW SOFTBALL GAME THREAD in the LVs forum for SUNDAY vs North Carolina @ noon ET.
Feel free to post in the NEW Thread about the NC game vs Tenn LVs.

Miss Moss came in breathing fire today! Karen was ready to rip some heads off too. Props to someone who was not successful today Osbron was up there ripping and I like just barely missing.

@DeerPark12 or anybody who may know. I think you said Marty pitches batting practice. I'm guessing he's in his 50's now? Is he able to throw 70 MPH - and before a series does he try to simulate live game pitching at full velocity or does he just throw a lot of straight stuff at around 55-60 MPH so they can get in swings? And what percentage of BP is off live pitching vs a jugs machine?

I have never wanted to beat UF more. It's the only SEC-SEC matchup, which is intentional seeding. The media is playing up Kelly's Last Hurrah, thinking she'll crowhop the Gators right past the lowly LVs in two quick games. The reality is, the Gators rely heavily on three players-- Barnhill, backed by Lorenz and Lindaman on offense. When the other team is hitting Barnhill, the Gators struggle. Nobody knows that better than the LVs.

IDT this LVs team plays with a chip on their shoulder-- but they should. They beat UF twice, but they're being dismissed as two quick stops on UF's path to the WCWS. If our offense no-shows, that's what it'll be... but I hope the LVs are determined to make it a little more interesting than that.

We are playing with house money. We have reached our "expected" ceiling and I absolutely believe we can beat Florida but no one will be predicting it and it will be Barnhill this Barnhill that all week. Be smart don't let the best players on offense beat you and attack Barnhill early and often. Play free and easy with that new found fire we found this weekend it could get interesting and oh how sweet it would be.

VN Store

Back