Last Goodbye

And you would know these things because you were there?

TBOC Thank you for your response.... I would know these things because they were widely publicized on different media..... I have not been Knoxville in many years since the school days.... but the flip side of having a well followed basketball program is EVERYTHING is publicized ..... what are you contesting in what i said.... I will be happy to look for exact quotes for you

TBOC Thank you for your response.... I would know these things because they were widely publicized on different media..... I have not been Knoxville in many years since the school days.... but the flip side of having a well followed basketball program is EVERYTHING is publicized ..... what are you contesting in what i said.... I will be happy to look for exact quotes for you

It is a good thing that the courts don’t go by what someone said without proof. With as much fake news as we have, how could anyone trust a newscaster? If you choose to believe everything you read you will be surprised one day and I hope it is not a tragic learning experience. GO ladyvols

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
It is a good thing that the courts don’t go by what someone said without proof. With as much fake news as we have, how could anyone trust a newscaster? If you choose to believe everything you read you will be surprised one day and I hope it is not a tragic learning experience. GO ladyvols

Oh my No I am talking about the things HGolly said directly...There is a treasure trove of quotable stuff from that is not normal for a coach to openly say....

I like to stick to facts as I assume you do as well.... When it is my opinion I say so..... or try to anyway....

I am assuming your defense of Holly is because you feel she did a stellar job, or just is being treated unfairly or even being ascribed various things which never happened?

To me the program has been in constant mourning status since Pat passed away. Some point and time everybody has to move on. Never forget just move on. I am afraid as long as HW was there the entire UT family was never going to be able to move on. I am the same age as our ex coach and I am a native of Knoxville and HW was one of our own and nobody other than trolls and knuckle draggers should look at HW in any other light, but that is just me. She was the cornerstone of the base that Pat built that is the modern day Lady Vols and will always be remembered that way. Any time a Lady Vol gets on an airplane and goes to the juice bar they need to thank Holly, they could be riding in an old smoking van and selling donuts to pay for transportation to the games.
Well, according to many on this forum, Harper looks like Pat, is channeling Pat and are hoping she has the same policies as Pat regarding tattoos and other things. So, I maintain large numbers of folks are still in mourning.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Oh my No I am talking about the things HGolly said directly...There is a treasure trove of quotable stuff from that is not normal for a coach to openly say....

I like to stick to facts as I assume you do as well.... When it is my opinion I say so..... or try to anyway....

I am assuming your defense of Holly is because you feel she did a stellar job, or just is being treated unfairly or even being ascribed various things which never happened?

No I don’t believe she did a stellar job. But fair and equitable treatment is not premised by success according to the constitution.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
No I don’t believe she did a stellar job. But fair and equitable treatment is not premised by success according to the constitution.

Ur last 2 quotes have legal references.... and the law is to be respected.... but this is sports.... and winning and building/maintaining top sports program is paramount....

Responding to HW's own statements is "fair and equitable" I think and consistent with what would be protected by our constitution

Reactions: mcannon1
Ur last 2 quotes have legal references.... and the law is to be respected.... but this is sports.... and winning and building/maintaining top sports program is paramount....

Responding to HW's own statements is "fair and equitable" I think and consistent with what would be protected by our constitution

I just believe that we should treat people as we would like to be treated. Holly is gone let it go.

I just believe that we should treat people as we would like to be treated. Holly is gone let it go.

I just checked back here and reviewed the specific thing that was said which I contested..... the thing about her always putting UT first......

But what you just suggested "let it go" .... is a very fair point... I agree ...

I know many fans and "fans" wanted this outcome.

To me, and many others, this feels like the last goodbye to Pat. Holly was the last link to her. It's the end of an era.

She had to do the impossible task of following her mentor and friend into a job that she never coveted. She did it because Pat asked her to, and she didn't want to let her down.

I'm not saying that a change wasn't needed. I just wish there had been a different outcome for Holly, and the program as a whole.

She gave over half of her life to this program. She deserves respect and a huge thank you for all she has done. She is a true LVFL!

Until you have coached and realize that you are not a fit for a particular team, or position, we have no idea what it feels like to give your all but your all is simply not good enough. Holly gave it her all and her best but she just could not make it happen. Her effort has to be respected, because she gave with all her heart and soul. I doubt if many of us have any idea what it is like to follow a legend bigger than life itself. That is what Holly did and usually when that happens you have a 75%, or higher, possibility of being a failure. I respect Holly in that she had big shoes to fill but it simply was not meant to happen.

VN Store

Back