9174852.jpg

6'4" 230lbs
Oak Park, MI
(Oak Park)
Maliq Carr, Oak Park, Tight End
Maliq Carr, 2020 Wide Receiver - Rivals.com
Maliq Carr - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Prep notes: Oak Park's Maliq Carr emerges as two-sport sensation

Apologies if the thread is made wrong. 1st time making one. I just came across this info and thought some might want to know about it. Maliq Carr teammate of 5 Star Recruit Justin Rogers is a legacy His Mother Peggy Evans Carr played for the Lady Vols in the 90s and won a national title here. Im sure the staff knows this but could be an in.

Hmmmm..... TE is a big need for us. Kid has a ton of offers, including SEC schools like LSU, Auburn, and UGA. Plus big time Big10 offers, etc. Yet nothing from us. And you know the staff knows about him because its the same school that Justin Rogers attends.

Pure speculation but seems like maybe the staff doesn't think he's a good enough blocker or point of attack player, or he's not given the staff the time of day.

Just seems bizarre to me. maybe Mom had issues with her time on the hill. She did end up transferring after her junior year.

I’m pretty sure he’s wanting to play WR in college, not TE. I doubt we even sign one in this class unless it’s Washington or Gilbert (or if they can convince the Toll kid from Arkansas to play TE)

I’m pretty sure he’s wanting to play WR in college, not TE. I doubt we even sign one in this class unless it’s Washington or Gilbert (or if they can convince the Toll kid from Arkansas to play TE)
They'll definitely sign a TE in this class.

Hmmmm..... TE is a big need for us. Kid has a ton of offers, including SEC schools like LSU, Auburn, and UGA. Plus big time Big10 offers, etc. Yet nothing from us. And you know the staff knows about him because its the same school that Justin Rogers attends.

Pure speculation but seems like maybe the staff doesn't think he's a good enough blocker or point of attack player, or he's not given the staff the time of day.
Will play WR in college, will be reranked as a WR.

Hope it helps with Justin Rogers, but this is a talented blue chip prospect in his own right.

Edit: see on 247 where he’s set to announce on 10/11/19. The offer might be too little too late.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaganvol
Hope it helps with Justin Rogers, but this is a talented blue chip prospect in his own right.

Edit: see on 247 where he’s set to announce on 10/11/19. The offer might be too little too late.
That’s 5 months from now. Most of the time a date like that has personal significance for the recruit and doesn’t mean he knows where he is going.

Reactions: AaronUT
Hopefully the relationship with Mom is good with Tennessee and that transfer was just her trying to get closer to home. She was a great player in the 90s from what I can tell. She was Miss Basketball in Michigan and played 3 years at Tennessee then transferred to Ohio State. Then again he’s trending Michigan’s way and no interest in Mom’s other alma mater osu so who knows if UT will be able to take advantage of that. Watch the film though he’s going to be very good in college

VN Store

Back