2019 NBA Offseason - Beastmode Cowboy Edition

Context is everything ^ (Wizards were tanking the year before Jordan got there, and the Lakers, including Lebron, were all banged up.

Jordan leaves Bulls in '94

- 2 wins

Lebron leaves Cavs in '11

- 42 wins

Lebron leaves Heat in '15

- 17 wins

Lebron leaves Cavs in '18

- 31 wins

Very good. Not sure he’s worth a top 5 pick.

His film looks so good and his stats were good, but it was 5 games. He's high risk, high reward. I think I'd take him over Culver. We saw a lot of Culver and though his skill set is nice, in terms of productivity and efficiency, he just wasn't that impressive.

If Lakers want to win now, then Hunter is their guy (or trade the pick).

His film looks so good and his stats were good, but it was 5 games. He's high risk, high reward. I think I'd take him over Culver. We saw a lot of Culver and though his skill set is nice, in terms of productivity and efficiency, he just wasn't that impressive.

If Lakers want to win now, then Hunter is their guy (or trade the pick).
I don’t think there’s any way they keep that pick.

I don’t think there’s any way they keep that pick.

I was hearing New Orleans was not going to trade with the Lakers under any circumstances, and with Zion coming in, I think New Orleans is even less likely to trade Davis at all now. Who else would the Lakers trade for?

New Orleans is going to have like $20M in cap space. It's a long shot, but the right guy(s) could make them a contender. They should go hard after Brogdon and Reddick

I was hearing New Orleans was not going to trade with the Lakers under any circumstances, and with Zion coming in, I think New Orleans is even less likely to trade Davis at all now. Who else would the Lakers trade for?

New Orleans is going to have like $20M in cap space. It's a long shot, but the right guy(s) could make them a contender. They should go hard after Brogdon and Reddick
They’re going to trade AD even if they’re pretending they won’t now. Lowe reported Griffin has been given the go ahead from ownership to find the best deal.

And even if it’s not Anthony Davis, that #4 pick does nothing for the Lakers. They’re going to trade it for *someone*.

They’re going to trade AD even if they’re pretending they won’t now. Lowe reported Griffin has been given the go ahead from ownership to find the best deal.

And even if it’s not Anthony Davis, that #4 pick does nothing for the Lakers. They’re going to trade it for *someone*.

I think they'd be crazy to trade AD now, unless they get an offer they can't refuse. They now have two of the most important pieces you can have in building a contender. They have a top 5 talent in his prime, and a superstar on a rookie contract. They have until the trade deadline to get something for AD, so they should be in no hurry to deal him.

AD did not like the way the trade demand went down. He was one of the most well-liked guys in the entire NBA, and then he became the butt of a league-wide a joke. If the trade demand was mostly about winning and he wants to repair his rep, then don't be surprised if he decides to stay. Nobody even remembers Kobe's trade demand. This kind of thing goes away.

I think they'd be crazy to trade AD now, unless they get an offer they can't refuse. They now have two of the most important pieces you can have in building a contender. They have a top 5 talent in his prime, and a superstar on a rookie contract. They have until the trade deadline to get something for AD, so they should be in no hurry to deal him.

AD did not like the way the trade demand went down. He was one of the most well-liked guys in the entire NBA, and then he became the butt of a league-wide a joke. If the trade demand was mostly about winning and he wants to repair his rep, then don't be surprised if he decides to stay. Nobody even remembers Kobe's trade demand. This kind of thing goes away.

There is no way in hell AD stays though. Not even Zion is gonna make him stay.

The Pelicans probably had one of the greatest nights a franchise could have. They not only get the best draft prospect since 2015, the team that wants Davis the most got a top 4 pick when they weren’t expected too. Go get Ingram/Ball/Wagner/#4 and a fugue first, draft Culver and now a really fun team to build around.

I love AD but they should trade him for the reported offers they’re getting.

Ride with Zion, Tatum, Brown and x pick for the next 8 years instead of giving all that up in hopes of convincing AD to stay.

I don’t think AD is staying in New Orleans so what you have to ask yourself is can you make him play for you this year and does adding Zion make you a championship contender in year one? I don’t think it does.

Context is everything ^ (Wizards were tanking the year before Jordan got there, and the Lakers, including Lebron, were all banged up.

Jordan leaves Bulls in '94

- 2 wins

Lebron leaves Cavs in '11

- 42 wins

Lebron leaves Heat in '15

- 17 wins

Lebron leaves Cavs in '18

- 31 wins
BULLS 98
62 wins

BULLS 99
13 wins in shortened season.

NBA champs with best record to worst in the East.

Let's actually use context then. When MJ left the first time they added a couple guys like Kukoc .

Cavs tanked when LeBron left. When he left the Heat, Wade and Bosh got hurt. If not for injuries the Heat win about the same.

BULLS 98
62 wins

BULLS 99
13 wins in shortened season.

NBA champs with best record to worst in the East.

Let's actually use context then. When MJ left the first time they added a couple guys like Kukoc .

Cavs tanked when LeBron left. When he left the Heat, Wade and Bosh got hurt. If not for injuries the Heat win about the same.

Do you remember that the Bulls had 3 hall of famers and then they didn't?

So Kukoc is MJ -2 wins? LOL

Cavs didn't start tanking. They thought they were competing for a playoff spot. They were getting crushed, then they started dumping bodies.

They also added Dragic, Deng, and Whiteside. Wade only missed 20 games. Bosh missed 38. You're high if you think they only win 37 with Lebron that year.

Do you remember that the Bulls had 3 hall of famers and then they didn't?

So Kukoc is MJ -2 wins? LOL

Cavs didn't start tanking. They thought they were competing for a playoff spot. They were getting crushed, then they started dumping bodies.

They also added Dragic, Deng, and Whiteside. Wade only missed 20 games. Bosh missed 38. You're high if you think they only win 37 with Lebron that year.
The Bulls added added a couple of players just like the Heat.

None the Heat added were in or near their prime. All role players to bench players.

No I meant the Heat win close to the LeBron total if Bosh and Wade are healthy.

So they also went from 3 HOF to really only one injured one.

Also we just saw LeBron add just two wins to the record this past year.

So when MJ left and they blew up the team they got bad. Just like LeBron's after they blow up every team when he leaves.

The first go round he had already set the winning culture and they had a lot of the winners MJ made still on the roster. Then added a Euroleague star and one of the best shooters ever.

"Guys, the one thing you got to understand is [Davis] is still on our roster," Gentry said. "He is on our roster. All of that will take care of itself. I'm not worried about it. I know Griff has some plans to talk to him, and it will be fine."

Asked on a conference call with local reporters if he would require a "king's ransom" to trade Davis, Griffin replied, "From my perspective, I want Anthony Davis to want what we're doing. I want Anthony Davis to want to be part of this. And I'm not focused on much of anything other than, 'Let's get better tomorrow.' If Anthony wants to buy into that, that's fantastic. And if he doesn't, then we'll deal with it when it's appropriate."

"Guys, the one thing you got to understand is [Davis] is still on our roster," Gentry said. "He is on our roster. All of that will take care of itself. I'm not worried about it. I know Griff has some plans to talk to him, and it will be fine."

Asked on a conference call with local reporters if he would require a "king's ransom" to trade Davis, Griffin replied, "From my perspective, I want Anthony Davis to want what we're doing. I want Anthony Davis to want to be part of this. And I'm not focused on much of anything other than, 'Let's get better tomorrow.' If Anthony wants to buy into that, that's fantastic. And if he doesn't, then we'll deal with it when it's appropriate."

That’s all fine. He made it known immediately that he still wanted to be traded.

Of course they are going to play this game. 1) he’s a great player you want to keep and 2) leverage goes down with other teams the moment you publicly declare you have to trade a guy.

Windhorst was saying Knicks have the best package if NO wants to go young, which seemed crazy at first. I think to NO the #3 pick is quite a bit more enticing than #4 (Barrett and Zion are bosom buddies). Ingram/Knox are a wash. Ball and Hart are nice, but Mitchell Robinson is nicer, not to mention Dennis Smith and the Knicks have two #1 picks from Dallas now.

Right now I really like Zion, Morant, Garland, White, and Hayes

VN Store

Back