Jaiden McCoy

maybe, looks to me like 2 years left and able to play right away since coming from JuCo ranks

Dunno. Article said she sustained a broken hip in first gane of 2017-18 season and missed the rest of that season. Last season was only season she played.

Being a medical redshirt her first season, wouldn't that leave her with three years' eligibility?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
maybe, looks to me like 2 years left and able to play right away since coming from JuCo ranks

I dont have all the answers about transferring!
But , I think (Red Shirt , sophomore) means ..... one year red shirt ( no lose of eligibility) and playing as a sophomore ( losing one year of eligibility) ? I think this is right ????

Junior college transfers are automatically eligible! Therefore, she will join our Freshmen class for this year of 2019-20 ..... Coming in 2020-21 as a Sophomore in eligibility. JMO
This class would be heavy with Post players.
( Key , Saunders , and now McCoy ). We need some more guards/Wings... Watts would help immediately allowing Jordon time to adjust and give stability to Jaz and Zaay. We have gotten top ten guards every year but lost Annie and E .... can CJH land another top guard for 2020 and keep the streak going ??

She has two years to play according to some articles but the one below says two possibly three. Shot 57 percent from the field on 8 shots per game and 67 from the free throw line. She had played enough in one season to count against her eligibility and 32 games last season.

Knoxville native Jaiden McCoy commits to Lady Vols

So ..... She comes in 2020-21 but as a Junior in eligibility? Now I am really confused!!!!

MTSU / or somebody??? Help ....

Last edited:
So ..... She comes in 2020-21 but as a Junior in eligibility?
Seems like no one knows for sure some saying two years eligibility and some saying maybe three expect Tennessee will be asking for a third season since she only played a couple games that one season.

I had misread the article and thought she got hurt in her first game her freshman year. From the stats posted for that year, she played the first four games and missed the rest of the season.

Is that enough to lose a year's eligibilty?

I know this is (another) polarizing issue but I hope KJH relaxes that policy. Tats are so mainstream now. This policy is very 1980's in its ethos. Why tats and not hair braid extensions? Tats just ain't for sailors and bikers anymore.

Agree. It’s a new era. I’m a traditionalist at heart, but at some point, you have to move forward with the times. Tattoos are way more socially acceptable now... as you say mainstream.

ya should see all the old guys and ladys running around down here in Flawdaaa with their wrinkly ass old tattoos. Would make maggot puke to see them...

NO TATS!

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Dunno. Article said she sustained a broken hip in first gane of 2017-18 season and missed the rest of that season. Last season was only season she played.

Being a medical redshirt her first season, wouldn't that leave her with three years' eligibility?

There are two issues here. The NCAA allows student athletes five years in which to complete four years of eligibility.

TIME: Her clock started in the fall of 2016 when she enrolled at Virginia Tech.

Last edited:
There are two issues here. The NCAA allows student athletes five years in which to complete four years of eligibility.

Howdy,
While not knowing all the stipulations, I think our girl from Australia - via Washington State - is about to enter year six.

YEAR 1: 2016/2017
YEAR 2: 2017/2018
YEAR 3: 2018/2019
YEAR 4: 2019/2020
YEAR 5: 2020/2021

ELIGIBILITY:

YEAR 1: 2018/2019
(In 2017/2018 she played in too few games for the season to count as a year of eligibility and would qualify for a medical redshirt.)

By my count, she has three years of eligibility remaining, but only two years in which to use them. She could petition the NCAA for a sixth year, but it is rarely granted. So in effect, she would probably only be able to play for two more seasons.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
YEAR 1: 2016/2017
YEAR 2: 2017/2018
YEAR 3: 2018/2019
YEAR 4: 2019/2020
YEAR 5: 2020/2021

ELIGIBILITY:

YEAR 1: 2018/2019
(In 2017/2018 she played in too few games for the season to count as a year of eligibility and would qualify for a medical redshirt.)

By my count, she has three years of eligibility remaining, but only two years in which to use them. She could petition the NCAA for a sixth year, but it is rarely granted. So in effect, she would probably only be able to play for two more seasons.

That is a good estimate. Honestly, two years is fine. I think Jaden is a bit of a stop gap (not to say that she won't be a contributor) but with the loss of Mimi and KJH getting late into the recruiting game, there was a need for a competent post type to provide some depth (and Jaden may well be far more than just competent). But we would hope that in two years, KJH will have the recruiting mojo going so that a more elite player will be filling the roster spot.

at northwest florida 18-19 stats
32 games

pts/g 10.9

fg % 57.1

3pt % -

ft % 66.7

reb/g 6.1

a/g 1.0

Anyone want to see her in a game here is one while she was a Juco. She looks a little heavier there than she does now. She is number 24 in white.

This is not true. The NCAA makes eligibility decisions on a case by case basis. Simone Westbrook, who just finished her career at Clemson, was granted multiple additional years due to injury, transfer and coaching changes. She originally started college ball in 2012 and just finished her college career 7 seasons later in 2019. Any player can be granted additional eligibility on a case by case basis. Just have to apply for it.

This is not true. The NCAA makes eligibility decisions on a case by case basis. Simone Westbrook, who just finished her career at Clemson, was granted multiple additional years due to injury, transfer and coaching changes. She originally started college ball in 2012 and just finished her college career 7 seasons later in 2019. Any player can be granted additional eligibility on a case by case basis. Just have to apply for it.

My statement was true. The "rule" is five years to play four. Every student athlete is guaranteed that. Anything other than that is the "exception," not the rule. There are always special circumstances, but there is no guarantee that the NCAA will accommodate anyone. And they are very inconsistent with their policy. Jackie Gemelos was given a waiver after repeatedly tearing her ACL. Good for her, but most requests for a sixth year have been denied.

The "rule" for student athletes who transfer is to sit out two semesters while enrolled full time at the new school. But as we saw with Jessica Shepard and AEH, the NCAA will make exceptions on a case-by-case basis. However, most requests for immediate eligibility are denied by the NCAA. Just ask Cooper.

VN Store

Back