Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do steele and black and whoever else still remain initial counters, or will UF get to use more spots in this year/next years cycle?

Me after watching 7 years of character development in GoT to see Season 8
met2h6mii1y21.jpg

I know many are still a bit down on recruiting so far - but look at it as far as quality. Not counting our Long Snapper (a position that will NEVER be rated a 4 star, just like punters, kickers, etc), we now have an average recruit ranking of 90.25 and 4 4-stars out of 6 recruits. That is a 66% blue chip ratio. It's been said the magic percentage for blue chippers (4*/5*) is 50% of your recruits over the previous 4 years to be a serious national contender.

Last year's class had 14 out of 25 players (including Harris and using transfer ratings). That is 56% blue chippers.

This gives us a 2 year average so far of 58%. We may not be getting everyone we want so far, but we are getting the right quality of players and until we actually finish a class with a poor average recruit, I'll keep on the Pruitt crootin' train.

As a follow-up on this -
Pruitt's current running BCR (blue chip ratio) is precisely 50%, including his 2018 class that had to be quickly thrown together. I excluded all P/K/LS recruits for all classes.

Butch's tenure average was 39%.

Dooley's was 42%.

Not including 1st year classes (since it can be sort of hard to blame or reward them for a class that mostly wasn't theirs or had to be thrown together in a matter of weeks):
Pruitt - 58%
Butch - 43%
Dooley - 40%

I'd say, so far, Pruitt is a significant upgrade in the recruiting department.

Lastly, about that 50% golden mark. It is simply based on 4-year recruiting averages, no transfers or walk-ons have been included in the past (maybe this year's version will since 247 started re-rating transfers). It does not reflect any type of attrition either. So it is not the most reflective of a current roster, but it is still a great mark if you want to make the playoffs. All 4 playoff teams were on the BCR list last year. 13 teams made the list in total. Only 10 the year before.

Blue-Chip Ratio 2018: 13 teams have title-worthy recruiting

Our current average looks to be only 39%. We are still a ways away from getting on the list and I'm not sure if we have ever been on the list before, at least since Fulmer. I estimate we won't make the list until at least 2021 (2 more classes), mostly because 2017 was so bad (19%).

Our running average over time:
BCR Current.jpg

And a projection based on repeating exactly what we did this class:
BCR Projection.jpg

Patience grasshoppers, good things could be on the horizon as long as we can merely hold steady, at a minimum.

Last edited:
I know many are still a bit down on recruiting so far - but look at it as far as quality. Not counting our Long Snapper (a position that will NEVER be rated a 4 star, just like punters, kickers, etc), we now have an average recruit ranking of 90.25 and 4 4-stars out of 6 recruits. That is a 66% bluechip ratio. I think it's been said the magic percentage for "bluechippers" is 50% of your commitments over the previous 4 years to be a serious national contender.

Last year's class had 14 out of 25 players (including Harris and using transfer ratings). That is 56% bluechippers.

This gives us a 2 year average so far of 58%. We may not be getting everyone we want so far, but we are getting the right quality of players and until we actually finish a class with a poor average recruit, I'll keep on the Pruitt crootin' train.

As a follow-up on this -
Pruitt's current running BCR (bluechip ratio) is precisely 50%, even using his 2018 quickly thrown together class.

Butch's average was 39%.

Dooley's was 42%.

Not including 1st year classes (since it can be sort of hard to blame or reward them for a class that mostly wasn't theirs or had to be thrown together in a matter of weeks:
Pruitt - 58%
Butch - 43%
Dooley - 40%

I'd say, so far, Pruitt is a significant upgrade in the recruiting department.

Lastly, about that 50% golden mark. It is simply based on 4-year recruiting averages, no transfers or walk-ons included. It does not reflect players that have transferred out either or left early. So it is not the most reflective of a current roster, but it is still a great mark if you want to make the playoffs. All 4 playoff teams were on the BCR list last year. 13 teams in total. Only 10 the year before.

Blue-Chip Ratio 2018: 13 teams have title-worthy recruiting

Our current average looks to be only 39%. We are still a ways away from getting on the list and I'm not sure if we have ever been on the list before, at least since Fulmer. I estimate we won't make the list until at least 2021 (2 more classes), mostly because 2017 was soo bad (19%).

Our Running average over time:
View attachment 205379

And a projection based on repeating exactly what we did this class:
View attachment 205381
Nice Analysis Devo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back