Westbrook Comits to UCONN

Just found out that lady vols just got a new recruit from Juco.. Nobody talking much bout her, fans are busy talking about Evina.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Here is how it will go.

Evina will not be granted a waiver and will have sit next season.

During that time, she will realize what a godforsaken place Storrs, CT. really is and that her coach is a grumpy old man.

For her redshirt junior year, EW will opt for the pros, whether it be in the WNBA or somewhere in Europe and never wear a Uconn uniform.

Hah I think you have started a list.... Storrs CT sux, coach is malcontent..... don't forget the school is lousy....

Anything can happen

The divine Miss Westbrook will now be playing in one of the worst division one women's college basketball conferences in America.

Miss Westbrook will be dazzling the UCON women's basketball fans in games played against Tulane, Memphis, Wichita State, Southern Methodist, East Carolina, Tulsa, Temple, South Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, and South Florida.

The UCON fans, and the Tennessee fans who have fallen head over heels in love with the divine Miss Westbrook, will have to pay $4.99 per month (price increase coming) for a ESPN+ subscription in order to watch most of her games.

The UCON athletics finances, like that of the state of Connecticut, are in dire straights.

Good luck with that.

The UCON fans, and the Tennessee fans who have fallen head over heels in love with the divine Miss Westbrook, will have to pay $4.99 per month (price increase coming) for a ESPN+ subscription in order to watch most of her games.

Don't worry, she will be humiliating her former team and cutting down nets in front of a nationally televised audience...

Don't worry, she will be humiliating her former team and cutting down nets in front of a nationally televised audience...

YOU will be the one forking over $5 per month to watch the vast majority of the divine Miss Westbrook's games.

How many Turnovers will she have in 20 minutes of play against the University of Memphis? Care to make a guess?

YOU will be the one forking over $5 per month to watch the vast majority of the divine Miss Westbrook's games.

How many Turnovers will she have in 20 minutes of play against the University of Memphis? Care to make a guess?

butthurt.jpg

Reactions: 1reVOLver
In regards to the "Dear Ms. Westbrook" post, there was nothing "creepy" or anything negative intended- I am a Lady Vols fan for all our student-athletes, but the response does highlight what I believe to be a fan base that is growing ever more negative towards Lady Vols players when things are not going well. Every fan has the right to voice their concerns and their opinions, but making comments about players that are negative toward players is creating a culture where our current players and top prospects may want to go elsewhere. High schools student-athletes will not go or stay where they feel "hated on" (I use "hate" in sense of today's youth speech, ie "their hating on me, as in they don't like me...). Folks it is all too easy to say these ladies need to toughen up, but the reality of the state of Lady Vols WBB is that players and coaches are leaving or have left, and the program changing-once in a generation players are not choosing Tennessee. I hope that with Coach Harper that changes. This program is a pressure cooker, and rightfully so, pressure is the price of Greatness. Consider this, would you like your daughter to undergo and face some of the comments that our Lady Vols players have endured over the last three years while having a camera and microphone in their face? At 18 or 19 could we handle every situation correctly, I dare say not. The fact that they have done so without flying of the handle over and over to a large degree is a credit to them, their parents, and to their Coaches. No, young people may not be what they use to be, but neither is our fan base and nor is our beloved program. BUT CHANGE IS HERE, GO COACH HARPER, AND GO LADY VOLS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

In regards to the "Dear Ms. Westbrook" post, there was nothing "creepy" or anything negative intended- I am a Lady Vols fan for all our student-athletes, but the response does highlight what I believe to be a fan base that is growing ever more negative towards Lady Vols players when things are not going well. Every fan has the right to voice their concerns and their opinions, but making comments about players that are negative toward players is creating a culture where our current players and top prospects may want to go elsewhere. High schools student-athletes will not go or stay where they feel "hated on" (I use "hate" in sense of today's youth speech, ie "their hating on me, as in they don't like me...). Folks it is all too easy to say these ladies need to toughen up, but the reality of the state of Lady Vols WBB is that players and coaches are leaving or have left, and the program changing-once in a generation players are not choosing Tennessee. I hope that with Coach Harper that changes. This program is a pressure cooker, and rightfully so, pressure is the price of Greatness. Consider this, would you like your daughter to undergo and face some of the comments that our Lady Vols players have endured over the last three years while having a camera and microphone in their face? At 18 or 19 could we handle every situation correctly, I dare say not. The fact that they have done so without flying of the handle over and over to a large degree is a credit to them, their parents, and to their Coaches. No, young people may not be what they use to be, but neither is our fan base and nor is our beloved program. BUT CHANGE IS HERE, GO COACH HARPER, AND GO LADY VOLS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

This person most be retired and stays home. Nobody here with a job would sit and read ur memo or Novel okk.

Paragraphs are a collection of sentences. They are used in writing to introduce new sections of a story, characters or pieces of information. Paragraphs help readers to enjoy what has been written because they break text up into easy-to-read sections.

The divine Miss Westbrook will now be playing in one of the worst division one women's college basketball conferences in America.

Miss Westbrook will be dazzling the UCON women's basketball fans in games played against Tulane, Memphis, Wichita State, Southern Methodist, East Carolina, Tulsa, Temple, South Florida, Houston, Cincinnati, and South Florida.

The UCON athletics finances, like that of the state of Connecticut, are in dire straights.

Good luck with that.

There there do you feel better now? One thing for certain she’ll have more W’s on her tally next season

Too bad too because until the past month’s roster changes the best opportunity to beat UConn was next season

While I don’t normally like students dissing their programs publicly, personally I think Evina’s public comments helped bring an end to the nightmare that was Holly as Head Coach

For that I am grateful

Good luck with that.

Hey you get a two-fer.... getting "That school up north" and Westbrook at the same time.... !!!

Yes The AAC is weak.... but I would say that the coaching staff at UC will make Evina a better basketball player.... whatever situation is better for her .... good luck to her.... I wasn't in love with the Jessica Shepard transfer, the granted waiver, and the resulting NCAA title... but it happened.... congrats to the winners.......

This is not in defense of AAC basketball.... but SEC is not like Murderers Row, with Georgia, Arkansas, Missouri, Alabama, all schools we lost to last year..... Mississippi State? Well they have a great coach.... South Carolina? Good team, their roster wasn't as good as ours last year....

You know, why do people keep commenting on this thread? It’s done and over. Let’s move on and focus on our Lady Vols!

Actually the Colonial, Ivy League, Sun Belt, Conference USA, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Big Sky, Atlantic 10, Patriot League, Summit League, Big West, Ohio Valley, Horizon League, America East, Atlantic Sun, Southland, MAAC, Big South, Southern, SWAC, Northeast, Western Athletic, and MEAC are all ranked lower. Per RPI. So not really true.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Actually the Colonial, Ivy League, Sun Belt, Conference USA, Missouri Valley, Mountain West, Big Sky, Atlantic 10, Patriot League, Summit League, Big West, Ohio Valley, Horizon League, America East, Atlantic Sun, Southland, MAAC, Big South, Southern, SWAC, Northeast, Western Athletic, and MEAC are all ranked lower. Per RPI. So not really true.

In my statement I said that the American Athletic Conference is one of the worst conferences in America in regards to women's college basketball. The statement is absotively true.

Just look at the sad list of conferences you compared the American Athletic Conference to.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
In my statement I said that the American Athletic Conference is one of the worst conferences in America in regards to women's college basketball. The statement is absotively true.

Just look at the sad list of conferences you compared the American Athletic Conference to.

There are 32 conferences in Div 1.

The AAC was ranked 9th in 2018-19. That is far from one of the worst conferences.

The SEC was 5th. As close to 9th as they were 1st.

The AAC is not a great conference, but your hyperbole doesn't help make whatever case you are trying to make.

There are 32 conferences in Div 1.

The AAC was ranked 9th in 2018-19. That is far from one of the worst conferences.

The SEC was 5th. As close to 9th as they were 1st.

The AAC is not a great conference, but your hyperbole doesn't help make whatever case you are trying to make.
Yea, what NewDog said.

Yea, what NewDog said.
The problem with this "analysis" is that, if you remove UConn from the AAC calculation, the strength of the conference as determined by RPI would decrease dramatically. The one thing that the UConn coaching staff must be given credit for is recognizing the detrimental effect of the conference on their RPI and beefing up the out-of-conference schedule to make up for that.
The fact that UConn's individual RPI is so high (because of the out-of-conference schedule), however, does not, in reality, make the AAC stronger, it just makes it look better on paper!

Jim

The problem with this "analysis" is that, if you remove UConn from the AAC calculation, the strength of the conference as determined by RPI would decrease dramatically. The one thing that the UConn coaching staff must be given credit for is recognizing the detrimental effect of the conference on their RPI and beefing up the out-of-conference schedule to make up for that.
The fact that UConn's individual RPI is so high (because of the out-of-conference schedule), however, does not, in reality, make the AAC stronger, it just makes it look better on paper!

Jim
Fair point.

However, the conference right below them is still not as good as the AAC even if UConn wasn't there.

You seem like a fair person. Do you agree with his premise that UConn is in one of the worst conferences in WCBB?

Fair point.

However, the conference right below them is still not as good as the AAC even if UConn wasn't there.

You seem like a fair person. Do you agree with his premise that UConn is in one of the worst conferences in WCBB?
I bet UConn winds up in the ACC in the next 5-10 years

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back